The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Talking Southern Pines...We are here!

And before you ask, NO I did not bring the cold weather with me.

Please read my post on page 3.

Let's get together...
    Last edited by LoveToJump; Feb. 5, 2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: change copy

I am not making the trek, but I am based in Southern Pines and wanted to say welcome! You will love it here and if you need help getting settled in please let me know. Where are you staying and who are you working with? Very exciting!

Christan

Same as Christan! Welcome. We live here year round and I think you will enjoy your time here! You may not want to leave!
    Amy

Default Thank you Christan and Amy!

It is great to be welcomed!!!! I am a tad bit (understatement) nervous because I won't know a soul.

This came about really suddenly, so I am not sure yet who I will be working with. I am on a very tight budget so a BNT is probably out of the question.

I hope you are right and that I won't want to leave. My husband and I are hoping to find a warm place to retire. This will be a great opportunity to get a feel for the area. I am hoping he can fly down for a week while I am there.

Thanks again and have an extraordinary day!! Kathy

Be sure to contact us when you get here. You will know more people than you think! Let me know if you need help with lodging for you or your horse, or contacting people to ride with.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveToJump View Post
    It is great to be welcomed!!!! I am a tad bit (understatement) nervous because I won't know a soul.

Thanks again and have an extraordinary day!! Kathy

But we are VERY friendly down here - lots going on and I know where there are great deals on acreage. . . Welcome.

Welcome-I moved from NJ and love it down here! You will find our lot to be very friendly and helpful! If you need help just ask!

I'm heading down there from Massachusetts at the end of Feb. just for a month. It'll be my first time down there too. Luckily, I have a family friend to stay with, & my hubby's making the trip with me & flying back. I'm also going to be 'feeling the place out' for future retirement plans... and of course, escaping this horrendous winter weather for a bit. I can't wait! You won't exactly be on my route down there, but it's nice to know there are others 'out there' in the same boat!
    Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it ~ Goethe

SP is great,.... I'm two hours away but go as often as I can to my trainer's in SP. :-)

Jennifer

Another warm welcome from a local (well, the horses are local - I'm only a half hour away and spend the majority of my time down in So. Pines)!

Dinner at Ashten's or Corfu, anybody?
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Love to Jump and Flipper, I go down to SP about once a month and stay with my trainer for about 5 days at a time, eventer mi is right on, we should definately get together for a COTH dinner!
    You will love SP and I hope you have a great time.

Talking Definitely, count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by 53 View Post
    Love to Jump and Flipper, I go down to SP about once a month and stay with my trainer for about 5 days at a time, eventer mi is right on, we should definately get together for a COTH dinner!
    You will love SP and I hope you have a great time.
    That sounds wonderful! I cannot tell you how great it is to receive these supportive posts from everyone...and now a get together. Just fabulous!!! It almost feels like home already.

Anyone else want to get together for dinner?

Have an extraordinary day!! Kathy

Another welcome! I come down to SP every couple of weeks.
    Hey 53, love your website, is it new?

Quote Originally Posted by eventer_mi View Post
    Dinner at Ashten's or Corfu, anybody?
    And. . . if you join Friends of the Park you get a discount at Ashtens. . . Love their burgers!!!!

I am all for a dinner get together! Corfus is great but never been to Ashtens!

Default you will enjoy it!

Another vote for Ashten's and lunch at 195. Moved here from the KC area after retiring in 06. Husband golfs and I ride Daughter was a WS for a rider here during her college summers in VA.. that's how we found out about the area - best of both worlds for us!

Talking talkin' dates

I'll be down riding with eventrider and eventer_mi the 20th through 25th of Jan.

shea'smom - thanks! I'm learning lots and trying to do it on my own (eventer_mi is a super star at doing that sort of thing! and gives me lots of great advice)

pegasusmom - no way, a discount at ashtons??? eventrider keeps telling me about the ghost burger but I always get distracted by the specials....maybe if I go more often right?

piaffequeen - always a toss up between corfu and ashtons - we actually tried doing appetizers at corfu and dinner at ashtons one night....hee hee, we were stuffed silly.

You will LOVE SP!!! I've only eaten at Ashton's once - but it was WELL worth it!!! Love the atmosphere too! Wish I could make it up to SP more often - I'm totally jealous!

Default Cannot wait!

This is getting exciting!

I won't be down there until February at the earliest. I am still trying to work out all of the details.

We are getting about 6" of snow today, low teens will be the high over the next several days and the high next Thursday is supposed to be 8 below zero. That is NOT windchill, that is regular old temperature. If it is windy it could easily be double digits below zero.

Wait, why am I waiting until February????

Hey 53-I think we actually have met before-I think last year up at VAHT-I was helping out Caroline and watching John Burgess with Shenaningan and then I think we ran into each other (you were on Echo) at one of the CHP events!