The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dressage trainer in Middle TN.

I am looking for a decent dressage trainer right in the nashville area. Peferably a little more north near KY. Any lead would be a help. Thanks bunches!!!
    *Paige*
    ~*It's not about the ribbons, but about the ride behind it"
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

I don't know if he is taking in any, but Ed Rothkrantz gives clinic at Fox Run at Cadiz Ky. Ed's farm is located close to the Tn border in Ky.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/snafflebitz

"My Saddlebred can do anything your horse can do" Clique

Kim Gentry!!! She is totally awesome!! Here is her website:
    http://kimgentrydressage.com/

Keri Guest

I can also highly recommend Ed Rothkranz. He was Canadian National Champion several years, rode in the alternate Olympic Games for Canada, and has operated a stud farm for the last twnty years or so. He is an excellent instructor and lives in Adolphus, Ky just over the TN line. His number is 1-(207) 622-4043.

Missi Cool is wonderful. johnmiss4@aol.com

There was another related thread -http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=137881

I am located near Franklin TN, Cadiz is about an hour and half to 2 hours from me. I am sure he is wonderful, but there are Dressage trainers closer to me than him. Where is Kim located? It doesnt say on her site. At least not that I can find. Also Jenni is quite a ways away as well.. Seems like I would be better off going to the eventing trainer close(ish) to me. Bill and Lori Hoos? Anyone know anything about their Dressage? She is a judge I dont remember what level though and he competes at rolex...

Where (as in City is you know) is Missi located?
    Thank all of ya'll for the help!!
    *Paige*
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

Wrong direction, but I think Jenna Wyatt is in Fayetteville nowadays....
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Fayetteville is still 2 hours away. LOL I am hard to accomidate because I live in the middle of western pleasure Country!
    *Paige*
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

Missi Cool is in Columbia. Probably quite a ways from you.

What about Kathryn Bauman? She is in Auburntown. Sort of near Murfreesboro.

Check the CTDA web site for her email or phone number.

www.tndressage.com

Yeah all of those are too far. Ill just stick with Bill Hoos
    *Paige*
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

Not toward Kentucky but Tami Crawford is in College Grove.

Are you near Franklin, KY, RR or Franklin, TN (already thinking about MTSU)... if you're down this way already, there a quite a few good trainers, Anne at MTSU is one of them. Tami Crawford, I think Lori Hoos (or her daughter, Becca) are more the dressage focus, there are plenty of "non-pro" people on the MTeventers board who could give you dressage lessons to apply to low-level eventing. There are also several of us who work with various eventing trainers who would do quite well for you. Old Hillsboro Manor and Green Pastures may both have a dressage trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue_Rider9 View Post
    I am located near Franklin TN, Cadiz is about an hour and half to 2 hours from me. I am sure he is wonderful, but there are Dressage trainers closer to me than him. Where is Kim located? It doesnt say on her site. At least not that I can find. Also Jenni is quite a ways away as well.. Seems like I would be better off going to the eventing trainer close(ish) to me. Bill and Lori Hoos? Anyone know anything about their Dressage? She is a judge I dont remember what level though and he competes at rolex...

Where (as in City is you know) is Missi located?
    Thank all of ya'll for the help!!
    Kim is good but is right outside of Memphis (solid 3 hours from you). Bill, Lori, and Becca are all awesome! And plus, since your an eventer it is great because you can go and get a dressage and then jumping lesson afterwards. Lori does more dressage but Bill and Becca both have you warm up for jumping with dressage work anyways. And they give you great homework too so if you can only get there maybe once a month like me then you have stuff to work on and improve towards the next lesson.
    T3DE Pact

Sorry I totally meant Franklin Ky. I am about to post on the MTeventing board but if Bill and is as good as you say and warms up with Dressage before jumping then I may go that route for once a month thing! About to E-mail him as well for pricing!
    *Paige*
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

If you are in Franklin Ky, Ed should be real close to you. http://rhinelandstudfarm.freeservers.com/
    http://community.webshots.com/user/snafflebitz

"My Saddlebred can do anything your horse can do" Clique

yay!!! OMGOODNESS YOU ROCK 2horse!!!! That is exactly near me. Not sure where yet, but it is my area and closer than anything I have found! He doesnt say anything about giving lessons though Just clinics... do you know for sure he gives lessons? Do you know the price? U am e-mailing him now, but I am sooooo excited!!!
    *Paige*
    R.I.P. Teddy O'Connor

I've been in the Christiana area (outside of Murfreesboro) for about a 1.5 years. I know many of the folks thus far posted as dressage trainers, as anywhere some are really good, others good, and then there is the very BAD (valid lawsuit filed)!!! Be careful, but it sounds like you are going to stick with the Franklin area. Feel free to PM me if you are looking for additional information.

The Hoos family is amazing! My aunt is friends with them. I haven't taken lessons there, but would love to. My friend does, and she loves it! Good luck!

Derid where in christiana are you, I just moved from there in 06, finished my masters degree at MTSU and headed back home, but we had a nice little pretend farm right on Sims road, any where near you? I so miss that area.