The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by alison123 View Post
    We have 2 diarado foals on the way from our holsteiner mares. They are due spring 2010. They should be some of the first few here in the US.
    What mares are in foal ? Just curious.

Default Diarado foals

The first Mare is Wishful Thinking. She was a premium filly in 06 at the holsteiner inspections. She is amazing we wanted to breed her before we started her. She is out of our imported jumper mare by the holsteiner stallion chesapeak. She is a power house and the sweetest thing too. The second mare is Whispering star. She is out of a imported contender mare by the holsteiner stallion coming star. She is a beautiful mover. This is a great line breeding of contender, cor de la bryere and lord on both sides. I tried to atach the links but not sure if I did it correctly or not. If they dont work they are on the mare page on the website.

http://www.hunterjumperprospects.com...pect%20lex.htm

http://www.hunterjumperprospects.com...pect%20cor.htm
    Saddle Brook Farm
    Breeding Performance
    http://www.hunterjumperprospects.com

We got a gorgeous colt by Diarado out of a Corlando/Galoubet mare April 16th. What has stood out most - he is a small guy, he's got a great temperament - the mare is a little hot - he's really smart, very willing, has a good balance of curiousity and sense, is very personable - so far he seems like the good kid with personality - he is awfully polite.

I couldn't figure out how to attach photos, but here's a link to some:
    http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af234/twoposies/

Our Diarado foal is due within the next 2 weeks. Will let you know what it looks like when it arrives. It is coming via embryo transfer since the real mother is 5 years old and now in work and showing

Default hi

I have seen some foals and they are very nice, FYI-I did end up with a colt as mentioned earlier in the posting.
    Home of Five Kings HsH (Eurocommerce Berlin x Diamant de Semilly x Quidam de Revel) and several top bred mares www.hshorses.com

I have several Diarado foals on the ground now in California:
    Diarado-Acorado-Landgraf-Ahorn (Two fillies by ET)
    Diarado-Cassini II-Lavall-Ricardo (ramiro) Filly
    Diarado-Alcatraz-Lord colt
    Pictures on www.branscombfarm.com or facebook Branscomb Farm

For 2011 I have some in Utero as well
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jul. 19, 2010 at 07:34 AM.
    Kc Branscomb Kelley
    Branscomb Farm
    http://www.branscombfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by BC5098 View Post
    It really does not matter in the end - what his foals look like. It is what they do as adult horses in a show ring. And it is much too soon to tell if either he - or any of his offspring will actually do anything, he is very young, and unproven. And the babies are just that babies. It is impossible to predict much from a first foal crop.

Also keep in mind, that the group that owns him paid a lot of money for him. 900,000 euros - ($1.4million US) They want to get their money back on a big investment - so I would expect the hype to continue as long as possible.

The word I heard from Europe was that the foals were "normal" - which is what the Germans call average.
    Yes , and they got his purchase price back the first year as he bred 1500 mares across the globe.

The "normal" aseesment is accurrate based on the ones I've seen. They were all a bit slight and with not much nobility or presence.The best foals were from very blooded mares , with alot of framework and long legs. I'm sure out of all the mares he bred , there will be some top performers. I personally don't like them and would not use him. Just my opinion.......

I spoke to his Dutch owner (half ownership) ref breeding (as both him/his wife and Dirado was at the same testing as Benidetto. And he was adament about them upholding the 80 mares he was allowed. (trust me, if not, I think ALL stallion owners would be THRILLED to say they bred 1500 mares. How many is that not per month? in breeding season, 7 months, that is over 7 mares a day! plus the rebreeds.....hmmmmm

will love to see the offspring under saddle! he sure can jump!!
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

A friend of mine had one this year...no idea the mare's breeding. He was quite tall, solid build and a nice neck. I only saw pics because the dam was away getting bred.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Farm View Post
    I spoke to his Dutch owner (half ownership) ref breeding (as both him/his wife and Dirado was at the same testing as Benidetto. And he was adament about them upholding the 80 mares he was allowed. (trust me, if not, I think ALL stallion owners would be THRILLED to say they bred 1500 mares. How many is that not per month? in breeding season, 7 months, that is over 7 mares a day! plus the rebreeds.....hmmmmm

will love to see the offspring under saddle! he sure can jump!!
    80 mares just in Holstein. This is a full book for a young stallion under their rules.

He bred a total of 1500 around the globe with fresh and frozen.

Is 1500 mares in one season possible? Just curious ....

My inquiring mind was trying to figure it out. If he was collected 4 days a week for 9 months straight and he produced high enough concentrations and motility for 12 doses, then he could possibly produce 1500 doses of semen. Most stallions can breed 6 to 12 mares with one collection, so this estimate is on the high side. If you are shipping fresh semen and two doses, then it would be half that amount. I would suspect that at least 1/3 of the mares do not conceive first cycle, so they are going to need additional doses or shipments.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    Is 1500 mares in one season possible? Just curious ....

My inquiring mind was trying to figure it out. If he was collected 4 days a week for 9 months straight and he produced high enough concentrations and motility for 12 doses, then he could possibly produce 1500 doses of semen. Most stallions can breed 6 to 12 mares with one collection, so this estimate is on the high side. If you are shipping fresh semen and two doses, then it would be half that amount. I would suspect that at least 1/3 of the mares do not conceive first cycle, so they are going to need additional doses or shipments.
    It does seem high. Maybe part of the hype ?

Maybe he had 1500 contracts ?

no, I asked that as well! 80 TOTAL
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com

no, I asked that as well! 80 TOTAL
    Your info is incorrect . He bred 80 maares just in Holstein. That doesn't count what he bred over the rest of Germany and all the other nations.

I am guessing that they started collecting and freezing this stallion before all the hype so the had a little head start. Also to consider, if he has the same "stuff" his dad has, it's pretty potent...ie: many, many doses per collection

To make a point, I know when Saret collected Balta'Czar for my mare a few years ago, the collection she pulled off of him that day had enough numbers to make 32 doses! Some stallions certainly can hold up to those numbers...bless them!!! regardless, 1500 sounds awfully high! I would hope he has a good number of performers if he has 1000 or so foals on the ground. I love him as an individual, not entirely sold on him yet though.

ok, my info came directly from his owner (the dutch half), did not talk to P.S.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and if someone can tell me more than 80 foals got registed in hannover, holstein, oldenburg etc then I will happily say so!

A good friend of mine (the test rider of Diorado) had one of his first foals (hanover, last year in end of Jan) and had to submit a approval for his mare.

Now 09 season if entirely different I am sure, since he now had 70 day test!
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com

ok, my info came directly from his owner (the dutch half), did not talk to P.S.

I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and if someone can tell me more than 80 foals got registed in hannover, holstein, oldenburg etc then I will happily say so!

A good friend of mine (the test rider of Diorado) had one of his first foals (hanover, last year in end of Jan) and had to submit a approval for his mare.

Now 09 season if entirely different I am sure, since he now had 70 day test!
    You obviously have mis-understood. They don't let them breed in Holstein until their test is completed. Then they can breed up to 80 mares (young stallion cut off number). This is where the Holsteiner Verband is more conservative than the rest of Europe.

I can promise you he was allowed to breed 80 mares in Holstein........I can count about 30 of those 80 that I know personally.

He bred hundreds more elsewhere. P.S. probably bred 80 himself. For you to say that Diarado onlty bred 80 mares in total is way off the mark.

Christoph Hinkel who sells the semen for P. Schockemoele (1/3 interest BTW) It is 1/3 Holsteiner Verband; 1/3 Schockemoele; and I dont recall who has the last 1/3 (maybe VDL in Holland but I'm not sure) points out that a lot of frozen semen was bought speculatively. For example, as a young stallion before he won the 100 day test, the semen was not so expensive. I bought 20 doses as an investment but only bred for five foals in 2010 and 3 in 2011. It is a gamble but most investments are. So I would be surprised if he actually bred and put on the ground even 25% of 1500 mares last year or any other. Where are they then?

For my own farm, I like the quality of the foals very much. The lighten and put movement on Cassini mares. They show intelligence and refinement and add blood to the traditional classic Holsteiner lines. And he throws the rare all black Holst foal that some people are crazy for. Call me stupid but I'll keep working at it. Here are some public pictures of our 2010's - you can probably pick out the diarado's without looking at the labels but give it your best shot. Kind of a fun exercise to see if you can recognize them.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=fb18f6555b
    Kc Branscomb Kelley
    Branscomb Farm
    http://www.branscombfarm.com

we love our diarado colt out of our Cassini-Contender-Corrado mare. We bred the mare to Balou du Rouet for next year but are talking of going back to Diarado for a 2012 foal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
    we love our diarado colt out of our Cassini-Contender-Corrado mare. We bred the mare to Balou du Rouet for next year but are talking of going back to Diarado for a 2012 foal.
    So the baby is triple Capitol , double Contender and double Corrado ? Did someone even look at the pedigree before inseminating ?