The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPHILE View Post
    Does Grim currently live in Germany now? If so...I think I "know" Grim
    Grim is here in Ohio.

I like the names too, makes me feel as if I am actually contributing something to my son's effort. Not much, but something.

As far as Shiloh Shepherds go, I know a little about them, having groomed a few--I recall the few dogs I have groomed were somewhat "flighty", for lack of a better word. But then again, it may have just been my grooming efforts bringing that out in them, lol. I do think its all individual to the dog. I am sure you will have fun with your shiloh, and congrats! For myself, it would be hard to go from a GSD to a Shiloh, or ny other breed, for that matter. Although, shhhh....don't tell that to my border collie.....she was here first.....

Border Collies are in a league of their own

How funny that I know a Grim who lived in Ohio...now lives with his owner in Germany...and is a Czech Import, ScH-III, and a working police dog! lol

I <3 Sheppies.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPHILE View Post
    Border Collies are in a league of their own
    She would never suffer to be named a mere "dog"; she is an entity unto herself.
    Smarter than at least half of the people I know. Too smart; I can actually "see" her plotting things out...obedient to a fault, but loyal?? Only if she thought of it first.....LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by citydog View Post
    Without seeing dogs with actual titles and recognized certifications, (not just Suzy Puppybuyer took a basic agility class) I'm skeptical as all hell. The Shiloh world is rife with super shady characters.
    Well, I've done my fair share of research before sending a deposit. There were some breeders that had good looking dogs but I questioned... well... some of the things I saw.

Here is a link to one of the dogs they breed that does obidience.
    http://shaktishiloh.webs.com/

There are several youtube videos of this dog. One good or bad dog does not mean the whole breed is bad and as someone else said, they're all individuals.
    www.foxwoodfarms.biz
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
    -Member of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/wlrottge

Your girl has a lovely head...her poor teats!

I worked with GSDs when I was in the Army...I was always amazed at their poise and basic nobility when under stress. When the world was falling down, they held their own.

I love a GSD - Collie mix as a farm dog.

Good luck with your new family...cute mom.

WOW 11 pups!! thats a lot of work and a lot of love!!! Congrats!

Re: GSD vs. Shiloh - To each is own... they are "different" breeds from each other... From the same type of relatives, I guess, lets not take away from the cute pups with this!

Quote Originally Posted by wlrottge View Post
    One good or bad dog does not mean the whole breed is bad and as someone else said, they're all individuals.
    Never said that ALL Shilohs were dumb. I was merely stating that the majority of GSD breeders don't look too highly upon Shiloh Shepherds, and I, personally, don't look highly on Shiloh Shepherd breeders who try to market them as "oversized German Shepherds" when they're not. Just make sure that you verify with the breeders the necessary health testing, etc. of the dog's parents, grandparents, etc.

As with any dog breed, there are reputable and less than reputable breeders. To each his own.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Smile

They are adorable, hope you will post pics as they grow! My german is seven, she is recovering from Spinal fusion surgery, were she not a german shepherd and brilliant the recovery period would have been so much worse ( for me and her). She has adjusted to being crated for the first time in 6 1/2 years and understands the importance of minding so as not to hurt herself. They are fantastic dogs, only kind I will ever have. Enjoy!!!

So cute! Congrats! I have a GSD that we adopted from the Seeing Eye. I love him to death but I think he'll be my last shepherd. He is attached to me at the hip, literally every second that he can possibly be. Right now he is actually laying almost on top of me. When I leave him alone he freaks..doesn't eat etc. He has tons of brains but is completely neurotic. He is just too smart for his own good. He can even open doors (with actual turn knobs). There would be days that I came home from school and he was waiting for my by the end of our driveway, when he had been in the house when I'd left. He would have been such a good working dog. My mom hates him, because he doesn't behave when I'm gone (I go away to college). I always joke that he is going to live to be 20 just to spite her. He's 9 now and looks/acts like a 4 year old.
    My CANTER cutie Chip and IHSA shows!
    http://www.youtube.com/kheit86