The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dressage horse - free to good home in So. NH/Mass

My mom, age 70, has decided to give up riding and is looking for an exceptional home for her beloved Trakehner mare. She does not want to sell her, but rather give her to a fantastic home where she will be well looked after for the rest of her life and where my mother can visit her from time to time.

The mare, aged 16, was originally trained in Germany before we bought her in England ten years ago. She is sound and currently in work. She has won at first level at GMHA and is probably working at something like second level. Half pass and lengthenings are very easy for her.

This would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants a lovely horse to do some dressage on. However, mom will be carefully weeding out prospective new owners. Ideally, the new owner would be located close to Plaistow, New Hampshire.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please let me know by private message and I will try to answer any questions you may have. If she might be suitable for you, I will pass your details on to my mom. For the record, she is a bay mare, 16.2 hands or thereabouts and has a lovely personality. She is great to work around, and she is a real pet.

bernerz Guest

Smile Would give an excellent home

Hello, I am new to this site and just noticed the add for a Dressage mare. I will send you a PM.
    Bye for now.

Let me know if your mom might be interested in letting her go to Maryland. I'm training first level with my two Hanoverian geldings.....and sometimes it would be nice to practice this stuff with a horse "who already knows what they are doing"