The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default HOME FOUND - 1997 Warmblood Mare to good home (in NC)

1/4/09 - My mare has been placed in a great home. Thank you to everybody that expressed interest!

I have a gorgeous, athletic, well bred mare that sadly must be retired from dressage because of chronic lameness. I don't know how sound she would be without doing dressage, but I am in the process of taking all steps to get her as sound as possible so that somebody could occasionally hack her.

The unsoundness is not considered hereditary by any vets with whom I have spoken. Her full sister has produced gorgeous foals, and there is no reason to believe that she would not do the same.

She has competed to second level in dressage, and even since she won't return to that level, she is a pleasant ride and has lessons to teach. She was even used as a therapeutic riding horse briefly, and did a fabulous job (this ended because I moved out of state).

She is "Marish" to an extreme. Very sensitive when touched in some areas. She will require maintenance.

The vet school feels that with surgery, she could continue to be competitive - I am just not willing to go that route (Because of the required care, money, and time).
    Last edited by Rhiannonjk; Jan. 4, 2009 at 08:22 PM.

Also, she is registered, of course. Has never been bred. The only "Regular" medication she has needed is monthly Adequan (which was started by the books - one dose every 4 days for 7 doses and a monthly dose thereafter)

What is her breeding? How big is she? What surgery would she need to be sound? Confo pictures?

I'm sending you a PM.

I accidentally caused some confusion by having my mom's farm in my signature line. She is not one of the mares on the website. Here is her pedigree - though the height is incorrect (she is 16.1):
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/user+friendly3

I prefer to send pictures and more information over email or PM.

I can vouch for this mare. She is lovely, and her owner has done everything right by her. She's absolutely conformationally correct, been brought along by the best, is very forgiving under saddle (or bareback), and I think would be a nice husband horse type (as long as you don't tickle her belly).
    "Cynicism is a sorry kind of wisdom" Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by HiJumpGrrl View Post
    I can vouch for this mare. She is lovely, and her owner has done everything right by her. She's absolutely conformationally correct, been brought along by the best, is very forgiving under saddle (or bareback), and I think would be a nice husband horse type (as long as you don't tickle her belly).
    I think that would all depend on the husband

I believe I have been fortunate enough to have already found a home for my girl. If it does not work out for some reason, I will be sure to bump this thread!