The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PSA: Libertyville Saddle Shop 50% off Sale

I got an email this morning from Libertyville Saddle Shop (www.saddleshop.com). They are having a 50% off everything (including saddles and blankets) year end clearance sale. It ends Jan 4, so there's plenty of time left to decide how to spend any xmas money. The promotional code is 12PX.

Happy shopping and self-gifting,
    BES
    Proudly owned by 2 chestnut mares
    Crayola Posse: sea green
    Mighty Rehabbers Clique

Unfortunately, the coupon a) doesn't apply in the shopping cart (they apply it later) and b) says "limitations apply, see store for details." I personally felt like I was going to order something thinking it was 50% off and then be charged full price.

I also suspect it doesn't apply to sale items.

I don't think it was a well thought out promotion.

If I had the cash I would buy a saddle from them, the Equibette NP was what I had as a junior and it fit so many horses so well, and was a dream to ride in! Alas, even $300 is outside my budget these days.
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Quote Originally Posted by Penthilisea View Post
    If I had the cash I would buy a saddle from them, the Equibette NP was what I had as a junior and it fit so many horses so well, and was a dream to ride in! Alas, even $300 is outside my budget these days.
    Hmmm, my daughter needs a 15"...

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

Ack--I'm glad I read a few replies, I had my cart all filled out but needed the CC#... anyone know if sale-barn items are out?

I have to get reins that are sale-barn... thought I was going to get a deal...
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

Sale barn items MIGHT be included. It's just not exactly clear.

It says:

Coupon Must Be Present. Discount is taken at time of purchase. This offer may not be combined with any other promotions, coupons or discounts. This offer does not apply to previous purchases or orders, applies to In-stock merchandise only. See Store for full details.

Darnnit.

My MFT like the apple mouth bits, but I'm not sure if it's safe to buy a couple or not.

Has anyone taken the plunge yet?

Default SCORE!

I did it! I just bought a Mosel dressage saddle! I called the store--they give you 50% off of the original price, not the sale barn price. But it was still an awesome discount and i just went ahead and ordered by phone, since the discount doesn't show up on internet orders.
    Yay me!
    "I is Roxie!" yep.

Ride on, ride on. All the bad things are gone.

Thanks a ton for the tip, BES!!
    "I is Roxie!" yep.

Ride on, ride on. All the bad things are gone.

I called to see what their exclusions are. The bridle I like is in stock and half off. The shipping is expensive on it though at $11.50 for just that one item. Maybe I'll have to look for more items to buy. ha ha ha

Sale barn items: 50% of the "retail price" and not the sale barn price.

I was asking about the plastic hay feeders - they are drop ship items so not in stock and not part of the sale. So anything that is a dropship item is NOT included. Bummer, would have been a killer deal on those!
    Cloverfox Stables

I emailed this morning. You get the lower of the sale barn price, and 50% off the original price - but not 50 off the sale barn price. I asked if there were any brand exclusions, but they didn't mention any in their reply.

Crap they need to spell that out! NOT FAIR.

Dangit. I need a new jumping saddle. I have been dieing to just pick one out and buy it, but figured hubby would be mad even if I got a great deal (after all, I don't *need* a new saddle, like life or death...). Told hubby I wanted one and after momentary resistance (I did, after all, get a dressage saddle last summer), he came up with a savings plan. (God I love him- he could have just said no. I had to beg him then to also set $ aside for the table saw he's been wanting but not buying.) I'm not supposed to actively look for a saddle until we have X amount set aside. And now I'm being assaulted with good deals and sales and clearances out the wazoo. He would kill, Kill, KILL me if I ignored the plan and bought on impulse.

Someone, please, for my husband's sake... remind me that good deals and sales WILL happen again at some other store when I have the money to buy.

50% off is just so tempting, but not worth my marriage.
    *#~*#~*#~*#~*
    Proud Momma of *Capital Kiss* and Bottle Rocket!