The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile If you horse was a dog what breed would it be?

So my mom and I were brain storming and posed this question to eack other.

My mare a Tb who is infoal to Escapade would be a Bull Dog.
    She is 15.2 and every bit as wide. She is the sweetest,laziest horse in the world who has to be the center of attention and is always making us laugh, but when she gets a bust of energy it is amazing and she is fast scary fast!!!!
    My mom's mare is a Tb also close to 17 hands. Is only sweet to my mom and is always making mean faces. She always has a look like she smells something funny. We call her "ever watchful" as she is always on the look out. We have decided that she would be a Doberman.
    Last but not least is our Silver buckskin welsh pony mare, who's work ethic is second to none. She is always a pleasure to be around. Her coat is so rough and wirey it is unbelieveable. We have decided that she will be a Norfolk Terrier. Frienly with people, feirce with animals.
    Love to hear what people think their horses would be if they were dogs.
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

Default hmmm.....

This answer is gonna seem kinda generic, but it's true :]

My 15.2 bay quarter horse would totally be a chocolate labrador! The only similiarity that they do not share is the love of water - Beau will go through/over it, but we often have a 'discussion' before doing so.
    He is extremely friendly, not a mean bone in his body. He walks or trots over to greet anyone who it in his field. He is loyal, if anyone falls off he stops an waits (exception, rubicon - when he decided to check of prelim jumps ) He lives for food, he likes to lick people...nonstop. He also like to lounge in the sun, just like my old choc did.
    BDC

Our TB is the German Shepherd of the horse world - demands structure and routine and will not tolerate chaos - anything outside of his "box" is not tolerated. Sometimes he looks like he could eat you for lunch, but is really a sweetheart deep down inside, esp. if there is a peppermint involved!

In other words, its HIS world and we just live in it!

My 15.2 bay quarter horse would totally be a chocolate labrador!
    Hmm, must run in Quarter Horses, I know a TB/QH mare that loves to put her head in whomever's lap, and she is the color of a chocolate lab.

My horse would be a greyhound. Used to race, wasn't a complete failure (just mostly ), but prefers to sit on the couch all day. Only wakes up for feed.

My dog (a Cairn terrier) would be a shetland. Short, extremely furry, way too smart for his own good and has selective hearing. Pretends not to know his own name or the words "come here" but comes running at the sound of the word "gypsy" (the cat's name) or the hiss of a whipped cream can. There are totally days when I look at him and think "he's lucky he's so cute!"

My gelding would be a border collie, always on the go, strong work ethic, cant tolerate too firm of a correction, does a lot of his job independently with only a little direction.

The mare, on the other hand, would be one of the hard headed terrier types, smart, stubborn, alert to danger.

Mine would be a lab, big and goofey.

Ted would be a Min Pin.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Sam would be a terrier... I think he'd enjoy shaking something and killing it.

The 3 year old would be a lab - he's goofy, never met anyone he doesn't like, loves water & eats anything. Everyone always says he's like an overgrown lab puppy.
    ~ A true friend knows all there is to know about you and still likes you. -E. Hubbard

Smile

I love this!!!!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

My draft cross- all 17 hands and 1400 lbs of him- would be a beagle!. He would really like to climb into your lap and be cuddled... "oh... can't I, pleeeeeaasse???
    Pao Lin

The gelding would be an Irish Setter. Loves to run and play and can be a bit scattered and unreliable but loving all the same.

The mare would be a standard poodle-smart, alert and tougher than she looks.

I've always said my Dutch Warmblood is a Golden Retriever trapped in a horse's body.

My draft X would be alot like my lab. Loves everyone, would go anywhere with anyone, curl up in your lap (she's a small lab) and lick your face forever. Very passively only pays attention to me (not the husband, she just wags her tail and ignores him).
    Don't toy with the dragon, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Quote Originally Posted by kahjul View Post
    My draft X would be alot like my lab. Loves everyone, would go anywhere with anyone, curl up in your lap (she's a small lab) and lick your face forever. Very passively only pays attention to me (not the husband, she just wags her tail and ignores him).
    Yep, my big guy would be a total lab. Full of loving, exuberant, happy energy.

My little guy would be a Jack Russell. Fidgety and bouncy, and completely adorable.

What kind of dog is really really sweet until you want it to actually DO something YOU want it to do? That's what kind my Fancy would be.

As for Chey? Hmmmm.....confident, leader of the "pack", firm but gentle, keeps the other horses in line...very forward and lots of endurance....does NOT like to be fussed over, just wants to do her job and eat. Not necessarily in that order.

Working dog of some sort....hmmmm.....

I'll have to think about that.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...