The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    WorththeWait...first I need to say that I am NOT a morning person...I wake up achey and ouchy and grumpy as hell every single day of the year. I have my cup of joe and skim through the internet for 30 minutes before doing barn chores to fully wake up and am always doing that with a grouchy expression on my face due to being awake too early.
    But I have to say when I opened your photo of your orange-clay horse I burst into actual laughter and am now grinning like a fool. That ain't easy to do considering my level of bad mood in the mornings...but that photo is freaking hilarious!!!! I did NOT expect him to be that orange! He looks just like the horse of a different color from the Wizard Of Oz!
    Thanks for doing the impossible...making me smile in the morning.

(Sorry my good mood is at the expense of your grooming nightmare )
    Glad I could make your morning a little brighter And no worries, he (and I) have been the center of barn ridicule for several days now

Smile

I thought that was Rex! He was quite disgusting today, and very happy to be brought in this morning for his grain.

I take care of Courtney's horses on the weekend mornings, btw.

Rex is a very good looking boy, orange creamsicle horse or not.

How long are you and Rex staying in GA?

Oh, and what exactly is Orvus? I've seen the container at the barn where I board my horse, but never had an occasion to see anyone use it....thanks..

Hahaha I was thinking creamsicle as well!!! That is astonishingly orange

I like it.

Thats too funny! Good luck getting it out!
    *We tolerate behaviors in human beings that would horrify us if we saw them in a horse.*
    R.I.P El Salvador*
    [COLOR="SlateGray"]

Quote Originally Posted by TransitionsGalore View Post
    Oh, and what exactly is Orvus? I've seen the container at the barn where I board my horse, but never had an occasion to see anyone use it....thanks..
    Orvus is the most awesomest shampoo ever! You only need a little bit as a little goes a long way so you really get your money out of the containter. It deep cleans to a nice squeaky clean but it's nearly impossible to rinse out! Just when you think you've gotten it all out, you scrape the excess water only to find more suds and a need for yet another rinsing. Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world though!!! Too bad my bay is allergic to any shampoo other than Johnson and Johnson Baby Shampoo My chestnut's color is always so rich when I'm done with him--and he's a soft as a newborn!

I have to admit I kinda like the orange horsie! I just hope that color doesn't fade onto your saddle pads when he sweats
    Lord Stanely, Lord Stanley - come back to Pittsburgh!!!
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/2_tbs
    *** I LOVE PUIKA FAN CLUB***

My riding buddy has TWO white, er, orange horses due to the GA clay--me, I'm on the other side of the same county and I have sand, lovely sand...and bay horses, which would help a lot.

Too, funny and he is so cute.We were out doing the chores and heard this "splash, splash,splash". I thought they had pulled the water trough over[yes, I have one that likes to play in it] but , nooooo we were digging in the giant mud puddle. They both were digging and splashing and had black ick from face to butt cheeks. Thank God they had blankets on. The Appy def. had a few more spots. I wish I had thought of a camara they looked so mischevious.
    It was 70 here today , blankets got washed and hung to dry.
    I am so sick of ankle deep mud.
    Speak kind words,receive kind echos

Tell the color inquirers he's "apricot." That's a real color for poodles, but I don't think it's that orange sherbet color...

ha ha!!!
    Fleck did that too!!! Also in the Ga red clay
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...rtiestboy2.jpg
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...irtiestboy.jpg

I also have a varnish roan mare...
    http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...prettygirl.jpg
    who I took to an event... Cleaned the everlovin' crap out of her and pretty much went straight into the dressage ring after her bath. THe judge wrote on my dressage test "I know it's hard to keep grays clean in GA, next time try cowboy magic!" I was soooo pissed!!! She's got freckles... her mane is orangey... it's obvious shes' a freakin' roan appaloosa and there is no way I would walk into a dressage ring with mud up to her knees!!!!
    argh....

Quote Originally Posted by TransitionsGalore View Post
    I thought that was Rex! He was quite disgusting today, and very happy to be brought in this morning for his grain.

I take care of Courtney's horses on the weekend mornings, btw.

Rex is a very good looking boy, orange creamsicle horse or not.

How long are you and Rex staying in GA?

Too funny! I'll bet he was gross, being turned out on the back field with all the dark mud and all... We'll be here til the 4th

I hadn't made the creamsicle connection before now but I totally see it! Poor boy, I bet all the other horses are making fun of him...