The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CANTER MTR Mare Urgent Deadline Jan 1st

The owner of this mare lost her farm and breeding program. This mare desperately needs a home by Jan. 1st or she could be sent with the killer. The owner's phone number is below (and a link to pics), if you can help, please give her a call. I believe at this point she is very negotiable and may donate to a good home. The owner is a nice lady who takes great care of her horses, she's going through a horrible time due to the economy and really wants to do the right thing by her horses. She also has some younger, unraced Tbs in need of homes and a stud. We're working on pictures of those, but at this point the mare below seems to be most urgent.

Im'A Salty Dame: 1996 15.2hh bay mare. By Salt Dome out of Joy Bluff by Raja Baba. She produces small babies, but they are very well put together. This mare is a pleasure to be around and handle, owner has had her for nine years. She does crib. Needs to go, owner is losing the lease on her farm. Asking $600.00 - make an offer - must go FAST! Andy Wilson
    304-491-3946

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...Broodmare%202/

Rachael

Where is the horse currently located? Thanks

She's about five minutes from Mountaineer Race Track in New Cumberland, WV.

Rachael

Wow..lovely compact build....surely someone could use this beauty in their breeding program.

The babies we saw out of this mare were very well put together and flashy.

She's also reported to be sound, hasn't been rode in nine years, but the owner didn't feel it would take much to get her going again. She seems to have a great personality.

Rachael

I've been eyeing that girl for quite a while now! She's adorable. And love the breeding

Edited to add: I cross posted to the Sporthorse Breeding Forum...

Too bad I didn't grab her last week - I drove right by Mountaineer!!
    -Jessica

Wow! She is nicely put together. Looks to me like she'd make a lovely riding horse.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Very pretty mare, I wonder if any pony breeders might be interested. If she has small babies to a TB, she might be perfect. She's a nice looking mare. Raja Baba is popular in sport circles as a way to get Bold Ruler pretty close up in the pedigree.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Sunday morning BUMP!!

Any news on a new home for this girl?
    -Jessica

if we could take her can someone help with transport....as in hauling her part of the way. I am in nc today still visiting family. will be heading home to central virginia tomorrow. our gmc diesel has just had a new set of injectors put in it but still has a dashboard warning light on. I cannot get it back to the shop until after new years. I am a bit afraid to go all the way to cumberland. is there anyone who could bring her say to the lexington horse center? thanks.

I looked at the map.....could someone get her maybe to winchester or front royal virginia? I have friends and family along the stretch of road from those locations and would not be worried about hauling.

Baroquecoco, call the trainer and tell him that you are interested. Also tell him where you are, and that you have no way to transport. These guys usually know someone at the track who might be willing to make a run. You'll have to pay, but you'd be surprised how inexpensively some of them will do the run for you.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Baroquecoco View Post
    I looked at the map.....could someone get her maybe to winchester or front royal virginia? I have friends and family along the stretch of road from those locations and would not be worried about hauling.
    Send a PM to JessiP - she is super fantastic!!, works out of Mountaineer, and may know a connection or two for hauling.
    Lord Stanely, Lord Stanley - come back to Pittsburgh!!!
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/2_tbs
    *** I LOVE PUIKA FAN CLUB***

Default Salty found a home!

Salty has found a home. I was just reading on an ABR thread that somebody picked her up yesterday.

Thanks for the help!
    Rachael

P.S. If anybody is looking for a nice stocky gelding, send me an email srparis2@yahoo.com The horse has something going on with his knee, but he's a very urgent horse that desperately needs a good home. Trainer feels he'll be fine for most careers after the track. He's at Mountaineer.

Default Two year old and weanling need home!

The lady in this original post has a two year old and weanling she desperately needs to place. Her phone number is in the first post on this thread.

I believe the two year old is out of I'ma Salty Dame, chestnut and flashy, sound and unraced. Owner would love to find a racing home, but sounds pretty desperate for any type of home at this point.

The weanling I believe is out of Always Half Moon, stud colt and super cute.

This lady has quality stock and just ended up in a very bad situation. Please call her for accurate information if you're intersted, she's a very knowledgeable horsewoman, and I'm sure can help you with any questions you may have.

Rachael