The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default vera bradley saddle pads

anyone else think they would be awesome? I've tried to find paisley fabric to try and make some that look vera bradley but i've had no luck. Anyone know where to find fabric like that or know if they are made anywhere? She'd make a ton of money if Vera Bradley sold them!!
    Horse power

Horse" pow`er\ (Noun) The extraordinary capacity of a horse to elevate the human spirit.

I know they make vera bradley halters, they sell them at a local tack store...one of my friends has one for her gelding

Check at your local quilt store or Jo-Ann's/Cloth World Fabric stores for paisley fabric. You may want to check on Jinny Beyer's web page, Jinny Beyer does a lot of fabric design in paisley. I think her web address is www.jinnybeyer.com

Ovation makes a paisley saddle pad

So if you buy the fabric to make a pad out of, what do you use as backing? And do you put cotton batting inside to make it thicker/fluffier?

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

I know my ten year old daughter would buy them. She is now a Vera freak since they were in HS Musical. She was telling me how cool the bags were, I was like where have you been. LOL.

I am sure they would make a ton of money doing that, but they would be expensive. Has anyone seen the Hermes saddle pad for $350. Doesn't even say Hermes on it.

bump.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I've always thought to myself "wouldn't it be so great if vera made saddle pads?" I feel like writing a million letters begging for them as if that'd do anything. I'm sure you could go to a local fabric store and try to find some paisley and toille ish fabrics in fun colors. Some places would have them. Not exactly the same, but close!
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

*thumbs up*!!! You know, maybe you could email the company??? I know that companies are always looking for ways to expand. . .I mean she has the dog collars and leashes now. . so why not saddle pads??? I would surely get one--LOVE V. Bradely!!!
    Willow Run Connemaras
    Home of: "Willow Boy" (*Chiltern Colm ex *Sillbridge Miranda by Thunderbolt)
    ~Irish Connemara Ponies for Sport and Pleasure~
    www.willowrunconnemaras.com

Quote Originally Posted by amastrike View Post
    I've made two. Mendin Fences bought the pads and fabric (I believe she got the fabric on eBay). I hemmed the fabric and sewed it onto the pads. I think she said the materials cost around $40, though of course it depends on what kind of saddle pad you get.
    They came out gorgeous, amastrike made them as gifts for 2 of my best friends. I just bought Vera Bradley border fabric from eBay and saddle pads in coordinating solid colors. I think it would be cool if Vera Bradley made them but they would probably be a lot more expensive than making them yourself.
    Here are pics of them:
    http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...25129_5940.jpg
    http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...09419_3533.jpg

worth-the-wait, that is interesting about the halters, I would love to check them out, does your tack store have a web site?

I use Vera's in my tack trunk.....

If you can get to a Show where Mona's Embroidery is set up, go look at her "In the Ribbons" pads and co-ordinates.

Unfortunately the pads shrunk badly, tho....
    The may re-shape when I ride them again , I'm hoping.
    Go, Baby, Go......
    Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Default You can try...

a shop called customcaballo.com I have never ordered from them- but folks in my barn have, they have all types of paisley fabrics ect.... maybe they could even make a look alike for you? Good Luck!

At the VB outlet sale in IN (where VB is based-- sadly, no longer made as much of the labor has been moved to CHina like everything else-- in fact VB put over 400 people out of jobs just this past year, but that is another rant for another time...) they usually sell overstock or slightly misprinted material. I'm sure you can find it in mass quantities then on ebay, as thousands of people go and buy up everything and then it is put on ebay. The sale will be coming up in the spring (usualy May-- don't know the dates for this year)-- so watch ebay.

Shipshewana, IN has many fabric stores that offers very similar prints to VB-- I would think perhaps they might have online stores, but perhaps not (Amish community). They are created/printed by the same company that used to do the VB stuff (not sure they use the company any more or if it is something else they've sent overseas).