The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Love my man

So it is 2am and my boyfriend could not wait any longer to exchange gifts.

He made me a tack trunk!!! It is so beautiful!!! He added all these really neat features, and made a truly one of a kind trunk for me. I was so surprised I just stood there saying "it's amazing!!!"

And all I got him was an Xbox game and a coffee maker!!!!

These are not the best pics, they were taken with my cell.
    www.flickr.com/photos/kghagan5
    Click on the "me" set.

What did ya'll get?
    Last edited by Katy9532; Dec. 25, 2008 at 02:03 PM.

Default I love mine too.

I was going to start a thread to honor the totally clued-IN significant others, but I saw your post and thought I would add.

I got frickin' FIELD BOOTS from my man. WOO-HOO! I can't believe it! I didn't ask for them. I never mentioned that I wanted them. He said, "I saw that your show boots were really worn down on the insides, so I got these."

Oh, and he got me a really nice silver and pearl necklace with a horse bit motif.

I am a very, very lucky girl. So are YOU!!!! A tack box? Wow. Can't wait to see the pics.

My DH said to me last night he didn't get me anything. I said thats ok.This year I have gotten a farm and a new horse so I figured I am pretty lucky. So this morning he hands me a check and says to go get everything on my wish list. Whoooo wooo! Yeah me, I am so excited. My hubby is so awesome!
    Proud Mama of a BOY rider

Default I love my man and my parents!!

Hmmmm..I will add to this!

I got a foal watch kit and I also got a camcorder for filming the babies. The nice thing is this camera works with my Mac... for the last two years he has gotten me ones that didn't!

My HUGE gift this year came from my mom and dad... they gave me a new tackroom!!!

That is hard to beat!!!

I meant to put that question at the end of my OP, but it was 2am and I was really side tracked.

So better late than never.....

Lets hear what everyone got from there SO's!?!
    Last edited by Katy9532; Dec. 25, 2008 at 02:35 PM.

Well, my SO gave me a sweater I asked for -- but he is still in law school and has no money.

But my Mummy-Dearest got me a KK Ultra bit and a pair of Pikeur breeches. I love having a mother that understands horses (and is glad I'm riding dressage again).

My DBF made me a trunk too! I have only seen the photo so far because he and it are 1400 miles away, but I am quite happy .
    Lark B
    socialwstudent@gmail.com
    _________

Honey got me a storage box for the tongue of my trailer.. and a new electric tongue jack for the trailer.

And.. my favorite line of Origins perfume & skin care products.

He knows I'm a paradox, I tell ya..

Well, I had a wonderful Christmas with my SO! He bought me a new bridle, which is amazing and of great quality. He also bought me a new riding jacket for Dressage, another beauty! Then he goes on to ask me to marry him It is sure a Christmas to remember! Now we wait for our son who should be born any day.
    Unbridled Oaks - Champion Sport Ponies and Welsh Cobs

Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/unbridledoaks

God I hate you guys. My boyfriend has been telling me to "check the post for something from Father Christmas." When he bugged me as to what I wanted, I said I didn't want to pick out my own Christmas present, but I did mention jewelry, these nice boots I can't afford (even sent him a link), this printer I want... etc etc etc. Did I mention he lives in Italy, land of beauty and good shopping?

What did he send me?

A pink Nintendo DS Lite and a Barbie horse video game. I kid you not.

The problem is I'll probably end up playing the damn thing! lol
    The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~ Arabian Proverb

Nice job, Katy! Is he a cabinet maker by trade?
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    Nice job, Katy! Is he a cabinet maker by trade?

no he is a pilot!

but his step-dad does all kinds of wood working! so he help out too!

im gonna be the envy at every barn for the rest of my life!

Quote Originally Posted by unbridledoaks View Post
    Well, I had a wonderful Christmas with my SO! He bought me a new bridle, which is amazing and of great quality. He also bought me a new riding jacket for Dressage, another beauty! Then he goes on to ask me to marry him It is sure a Christmas to remember! Now we wait for our son who should be born any day.
    So if you got a bridle for xmas are you gonna change your screen name to bridled oaks? just kidding!

I gotta admit kinda jealous about the marriage thing. But I'll live.

I love my husband he is so wonderful I got a horse yep he came home from the auction with a new horse! I was freaking out. Also a very large antique horse statue, horse lamp and picture frame, electric blanket for thawing my legs out after riding, ariat clogs, beautiful long coat, hair dryer and now we are shopping for a new saddle. Boy it was a great xmas oh and he took me to see AC/DC in concert first time I ever saw them it was incredible. I couldn't be more happier!

By the way the new horses name is Angus after the guitarist from AC/DC yea and the gelding is black.
    hahha
    Ms Robin
    Farm Websites & SEO, Low Prices, Barter available!
    ~No Horses to Slaughter clique~

Years ago (30) when I was dating my husband, the first thing he made me was a tackbox - something manly about tack boxes, or some sort of subliminal tool box association.

But best of all, he has done my stable chores every day since this horrible weather arrived and the windchill was killing me (and my chilblains). That is what I appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy9532 View Post
    So if you got a bridle for xmas are you gonna change your screen name to bridled oaks? just kidding!

I gotta admit kinda jealous about the marriage thing. But I'll live.
    I could!
    Unbridled Oaks - Champion Sport Ponies and Welsh Cobs

Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/unbridledoaks

My boy gave me a shopping spree. At first I didn't like the idea because he didn't really put any thought into it.. but after I spent all the money im happy lol.

I REALLY want a tack trunk.

That is just awesome. My grandfather made me this tack trunk for Christmas this year. Best. present. ever!

Quote Originally Posted by JulesGirl View Post
    That is just awesome. My grandfather made me this tack trunk for Christmas this year. Best. present. ever!

My bf bought the tack trunk plans off of that site, but I had been sketching drawings of things that I wanted specific to me. So he used the plans for dimensions and what not, and incorporated all my drawings to make it just perfect. He also stained my brush tote bright purple, my favorite color so I would always know it is mine.

Do you have any pics of your trunk? That is pretty cool of your granddad. Im sure you will cherish it always.