The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My guy gave me 3 little bucks on a trail ride today (not the deer kind, LOL!). I chalk it up to him feeling a little Christmas happy. He's never done it before and didn't unseat me. I thought it was kinda' fun! Merry Christmas to me.

But in all seriousness....wow they give back so much. Nuzzles, running to meet me in the field. Nothing beats that! My horse has changed my life and I am blessed to have him

My horse gave me a fantastic ride today. He is such a good boy and a pleasure to ride.

For the first time I asked for a halt to canter transition. The first time there was one step of trot - the second time - straight into canter. It was awesome. We have been working on walk to canter and canter to halt but this was the first time I asked for the up.

Then we did numerous transitions up and down - the great thing was that he didn't know what was coming next and was totally listening to me.

My husband also had a wonderful ride on his mare.

My horsey daughter and I decided that we needed a "family ride" today, so we asked my non-riding husband and son to join us at the barn for a Christmas trail ride. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate - after the rain storm yesterday afternoon, our 20-degree weather created LOTS of ice and I didn't feel comfortable having husband and son out on the trails.

Instead, they each climbed aboard my old guy Tommy, who carefully and with tact and patience carted them around the arena, between fences, over a pole on the ground ("We're jumping!"), and even agreed to trot quietly and evenly a few times around. The boys had a blast, and I got the BEST present of the day! Love my old guy...
    "Imma snap youuuu! - with a shout out to Wildlifer

A mashed toe. Oww.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Ted - you're in St. Louis, I'm in New York...they're calling for flash flooding and another cold front. So, as your gift to me, please:

(1) Don't lose your shoes.
    (2) Don't strain or pull or tear anything in/on any part of your body.
    (3) Don't get an abcess.
    (4) Don't colic.

Rolling in the mud and becoming absolutely a disgusting and filthy mess is part of being a horse. I may not be thrilled with that, but what the heck. Enjoy.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Red gave me all the love and nuzzles that he always gives me.

Sweet 'tude for Christmas. Up and squealy today.

stress

I cant put into words what my guys give me. Every single day, I am so grateful for being able to do what it is I love to do. Not a day goes by when one of the four legged kids doesnt show me how important I am to them, beyond the groceries. One will always hang around for extra scritches and to put there head on my shoulder or follow me from stall to stall as I clean and they talk. Every morning is xmas isnt it.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Apparently, my grandparents used some of my allowance money that I never see anyway and got my mom two bags of bubble gum balls.
    Special Horses - equine volunteer to assist equines in need!
    www.specialhorses.org