The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A very dangerous thing to be wearing anywhere other than a restaurant.
    not quite sure what that means, but....

I'm in the medical field, and I wear them (Dansko professionals, with the full ankle) all day, every day. I love them. As far as sizing, I went up a half size from my normal shoe size.
    You do have to adjust to them, because they feel different from other shoes, but they truly do feel better. My feet don't hurt at the end of the day, and the shoes really look nice, and are much more flattering than those crocs.
    I've been in them at the barn, and as careful as I was, I managed to get them muddy.. fortunately, they clean up really well. I also put some leather conditioner on them and they are gorgeous!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not what a ship is for."

I just got a pair of Dansko (Cassie style) with fleece trim; they are warm and very comfy! I have worn them everyday and everywhere lol! I will be definitely be buying another pair sometime, although they aren't for the barn. I don't want to get them muddy or full of shavings!

For the posters who mentioned a Dansko outlet....DO TELL! Where????
    Just because I talk slow doesn't mean that I actually AM slow.

I can't wear the Professionals due to ankle rollover issues, but have another Dansko closed-back clog that I adore. Can't remember the name, but it has a lower profile sole with a wider base of support, and they are great for me.

I am still sick that Dansko quit making paddock boots. My favorite paddocks are my old, beat up pair of Dansko Brynns that I've had forever. I love those boots.

We should let them know about this thread so they can get some honest customer feedback. After Christmas I'll call them or stop there and let them know. I would think this is really helpful to any business.

As far as the outlet, it's in south east Chester County, PA in a non existant town called Jennersville which is between Oxford and West Grove on what used to be Rt. 1 now just Baltimore Pike but between the Jennersville/Rt. 796 exit and the Rt. 896 exit, I forget the town listed, probably another non existant town. These areas were probably once little towns or communities which have now blended into the landscape, buildings gone and no town center makes it virtually impossible to identify as a community.

Quote Originally Posted by EventFan View Post
    For the posters who mentioned a Dansko outlet....DO TELL! Where????
    Exactly where you'd expect it to be: www.danskooutlet.com

The prices there are only so-so. The true Dansko bargains are on Ebay or Sierra Trading Post.

For whatever reason, I've never found a good fit in the Danskos (maybe it's the European sizing??) but I've had several pairs of the LL Bean ones. Very comfortable and much less expensive. The ones I have now are at least 5 years old, so they hold up great!

These are the ones I have: http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...tn&cat4=503424

Default Dansko vs Sanita

I recently purchased new Dansko Professional clogs in order to retire a 10 yr old pair that finally wore out. Although the same size (37) they fit smaller, and were no where near as comfy! Boo hoo - I was sure it was because my ancient ones were so broken in.......
    Some research revealed that the old Dansko's I had were actually made by a company called Sanita and then marketed/sold by Dansko (I think I have that right). http://originalclogs.com/content/About_Sanita_Clogs.htm

Anyway, I sent the Danskos back to SmartPak, found some Sanitas on line and presto, they fit perfectly - and I am happy! So if anyone else is finding they have fit issues with newer Danskos, try the Sanita -

With my first pair of professional clogs (fitted by an "expert" at the store) I fell three times in two weeks...flat on my face, not tripping, no stumble or warning, just one minute I am walking and the next second I am flat out. The third time I injured my right knee and have permanent nerve damage (parts of my leg below the knee have no feeling whatsoever). That being said they were the most comfortable thing I've ever had on my feet. I actually went out and got a second pair a size smaller than that recommended by the "expert" and have never fallen in them, although I am gun shy and only wear them in circumstances where I know the ground is perfectly level, like shopping at the mall. I can walk for hours in them and my feet never hurt or get tired...so I can see both sides of the discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I owned a pair years ago but found they gave no ankle support and I was often tripping and several times fell down.
    Wow, that's me! I thought it was my issue! Had some great slip ons, but the tiniest unevenness in the ground would make my foot turn so badly. Finally had to get rid of them.
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

I WANT to like the clogs, but they never feel right and seem to slip off too easily. There's this weird plastic backing on the inside of the heel that always scrapes when I try them on :shrug:

However, I got a pair of discontinued jodhpur boots from their outlet website. LOVED those, lived in them. I also have a pair of pretty Dansko sandals (generally, their sandals are also very chunky looking) that I love because they have the highest arch for a flat shoe that I've seen. I've been eyeing another dress shoe online-the "Giselle"- anyone tried that model?
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

I have an ancient pair that I adore. So I expected the same when I bought a new pair last year. For some reason, they didn't feel the same - the inside felt slippery - like it was coated in something - and I could not break them in. I also felt like they were more wobbly and had less support than my old pair. A shame, because I adore my old pair.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPonies View Post
    I recommend going to The Walking Store that has a huge collection of Danskos among other comfy, practical, high quality shoes - and try on everything. My mom hates Dansko but LOVES her Ariat clogs.

I have both Dansko and Ariat clogs... the Danskos are much stiffer and harder to break in. Contrary to some reports, Dankos actually do hurt my bad knee more than other shoes. With my Ariat clogs, there was practically no break in time and they are super soft and comfy from day 1.

I LOFF my Danskos! I have the Dansko @ Work ones with the sport sole and I wear them EVERYWHERE! I work as a vet tech which means long hours on your feet and don't have a problem with mine. I have had this particular pair for about 4-5 years and they are my all time fav shoes!
    ~Darci~
    "We have an obligation. We are their keepers." ~Roy Jackson

PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

Default Dansko knock-offs at WalMart*....

the ones with the closed back, in black only, made by Dr. Sholl's for under $30.!!!!!
    "Marriage is like a deck of cards--it starts with two hearts and a diamond and after a while you wish you had a club and a spade." ~seen on an anniversary card~

So your feet feel great but your face is crushed? Well there has to be an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyclubrocks View Post
    With my first pair of professional clogs (fitted by an "expert" at the store) I fell three times in two weeks...flat on my face, not tripping, no stumble or warning, just one minute I am walking and the next second I am flat out. The third time I injured my right knee and have permanent nerve damage (parts of my leg below the knee have no feeling whatsoever). That being said they were the most comfortable thing I've ever had on my feet. I actually went out and got a second pair a size smaller than that recommended by the "expert" and have never fallen in them, although I am gun shy and only wear them in circumstances where I know the ground is perfectly level, like shopping at the mall. I can walk for hours in them and my feet never hurt or get tired...so I can see both sides of the discussion!

I bought a pair of closed back clogs off ebay and I love them! I could wear them every day, all day! I have never fallen off them. I have the oiled leather ones and keep them in good condition with the Dansko leather stuff. I also bought a pair of open backed clogs, do not like them as much. But have no complaints on them though.

I had one pair of Professionals that I fell in pretty regularly, but two other pairs that do not cause a problem. When I wear them regularly, I love them. However, I've found that my lower back gives me issues if I wear them all of the time . I've tried to wear them exclusively about three different times over the years, and always end up with my SI going out/locking up. Not fun.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Mine are purple and I absolutely LOVE them. I am wearing them now. I am thinking of getting another pair so I do not have to wear my purple ones out.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

I have a pair of Dansko sandals and I must echo some of the other posts here. Beautifully made, feel great on my feet, but I am a little clumsy in them!

And my favorite pair of mules on the entire planet? Ariat Santa Cruz. I live in them and I never feel clumsy. Now that I've said it, I'm totally going to fall on my face in 10 minutes
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

I have a pair I got for 30% the original price. They are my seminar giving/panel sitting shoes, because they are dressier than what I wear at work, they slip off easily for airport screening, and they are very comfortable.

But they'd be ruined in the MO clay we have at the barn, and I'd freeze in them in the winter, too.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues