The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

Quote Originally Posted by cheval80 View Post
    Hey Dave, it's Will, Jim's old groom you talked to. I'd have to agree with Robby Johnson. Remember, be prepared to WORK HARD and most importantly LISTEN. You will meet tons of horse people through your travels to shows with Jim and David. He is by far the best reference I've EVER had! Good luck, but make sure it is truly what you want to do!

I told you, you would only get great comments! Later.
    Will!!!!! We had many good times at Jim's! Hows your project coming along? Need a volunteer yet? huh? huh?

~Mere
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

I am a mature, adult amateur and cliniced with Jim on several occasions. I know that I will never be an upper level rider, but I want to do the best that I can for me and my horse. It has been several years ago (competition mare passed away; waiting for her baby to be ready to compete), but Jim is about the best teacher around. He is excellent at teach riders at any level. He is the only one that I would not hesitate to take my youngster for a first clinic. I know that he would provide challenges, but never push either of us beyond our capabilities.

If you take Robby's advice, I can only imagine that you could learn so much from Jim -- horse management and riding. He is the nicest guy, but you will gain so much while working your tail off. If I were younger, I would love the opportunity to work for him.

Default ICP Workshop with Jim

I am hosting a teaching for Dressage Workshop with Jim on March 21 - 23. We're looking forward to having him come. I just may have to be a demo rider so I can get a lesson with him

Jackie

Jackie,

Jim is the bomb to work dressage with! I think one of the funnest lessons I auditted him in was when he was working with a Grand Prix dressage rider here in Oklahoma. It was great to watch him work with her and her horse. Then he had to give me a lesson on my Training Level at best horse. =)

Bobbi
    Bobbi
    ~ Jus Passed My Zipper aka Spanky, 11yo QH gelding.
    ~ Muskogee, 2yo Oldenburg Colt.

Jim has been in my area for a long long time and many friends have worked for and with him. He's a good guy from everything I have ever seen or heard.

Hey Dave, it's Will, Jim's old groom you talked to. I'd have to agree with Robby Johnson. Remember, be prepared to WORK HARD and most importantly LISTEN. You will meet tons of horse people through your travels to shows with Jim and David. He is by far the best reference I've EVER had! Good luck, but make sure it is truly what you want to do!

I told you, you would only get great comments! Later.

Hi Will! <wave>

Libby, from Red Hills. Glad to see you here!
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Wink

Dave, as a reality check, ( Jim really is a nice guy), check with the head of UMass riding program. If they event and teach Jerry Schurink will know them!!!
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Default My project

Quote Originally Posted by tx3dayeventer View Post
    Will!!!!! We had many good times at Jim's! Hows your project coming along? Need a volunteer yet? huh? huh?

~Mere
    Hey, the project has actually turned into a company that is in beta testing only at the moment. Check out the website: www.pinnaclehorse.com. Jim and David will be promoting it at their upcoming clinic in Lexington.

Later

I may take you up, just give me some time to see.

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

Hey, the project has actually turned into a company that is in beta testing only at the moment. Check out the website: www.pinnaclehorse.com. Jim and David will be promoting it at their upcoming clinic in Lexington.

Later

I may take you up, just give me some time to see.
    Thats an awesome Website Will! Congrats. Tell Papa Bear "HI" for me! I think I will get to see him in May or June! Yea!!!!!

Seriously though, if you need any help, just let me know. With as much as you helped me when we were both at Jim's I would be more than happy to help you out.
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

love love love love jim great guy, great teacher, great horseman. ridden and had dinner with him many times.

1 members found this post helpful.

Jim is awesome, seriously. I took regular lessons from him for years and was an off-and-on working student throughout high school and learned so much. It is absolutely worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Jim is still great, but this thread is from 2009.

When new posters dig up 5 yr old threads, I suspect an agenda. Advertising ? Why else? Perhaps I'm being a cynical old bat... If so, I apologize in advance.

Old threads are appearing at the bottom if they are "related" so this thread may have been seen there.

I see. Thank you.

The search function has gone weird, as well as the "related" function.

We'll have to make sure to make note of the dates (and I'll stop being such a suspicious old bat..)

Jim, bless him, is not exactly tech-savvy, nor does he have the time or inclination to cruise message boards to blow his own horn

This must have come from the related threads at the bottom of the page, or possibly a google search. At any rate it was started in 2008.

1 members found this post helpful.