The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default My Plot is WORKING!

The Granddaughter is already in love with horses! She just celebrated her first birthday on December 10th. So far, she has been swooned-over by a 17hh, 1500+ lb. Warmblood (named Elijah!), had two books written about her with the horses, received several stuffed horses and finally -- for her birthday -- a plush pink rocking horse that whinnies. Whom she promptly named Pinky!

My son called me last night to report, however, that she is now officially "over the moon" for the horses. They had turned on the movie "Jeremiah Johnson" and when the horses came running over the hill, Alexis went crazy! She ran up to the television, pointing and laughing and trying to kiss the horses on the TV!

Yay! This means my PLOT is WORKING!!!

Muaha. Start 'em young!
    In my opinion, a horse is the animal to have. 1300 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs - it's something you just can't get from a pet hamster.

Yes, we started our plotting on the day that our GD was born. We went to the hospital in our work, (barn), clothes to imprint her. It seems to have worked, she says horsey and wants to get on the pony and ride. I will need to find a helmet for a 2 1/2 yr old soon.

Hahaha, well done!

This Thanksgiving my cousin brought her 1.5 yr old son over. We brought him down to the barn and he immediately wanted to see Rawhide. Feeding him was exciting, but it wasn't enough. This kid got to ride my horse (with his dad holding on tight from the ground, of course), and he was absolutely ecstatic over it. What really won him over was the mane . Oh, boy...soon as he grabbed hold of that mane he was in heaven.

I will need to find a helmet for a 2 1/2 yr old soon.

troxel aegis xs with dialafit. :-)
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

I'll bet that I can get her a helmet in time for xmas. LOL Her dad, my son, is going to be soooo happy!

My 2 year old GD calls my girls and all other horses "neigh, neighs" She loves to help at feeding time, scooping out grain and draging feed buckets around. Her dad is not a horse person, but I did hear him say "she can have a pony if it stays at grandmas". I think he thought that would be a deterrent?? Hehehe......

I had Alexis sitting up on King's back when she was just barely able to sit. Her mom (my daughter-in-law) is fine with this, but her dad (my son) is over-protective. For some reason, he thinks the horses are too big for his baby...what's up with that?

Lexi, on the other hand, has no fear. She delights in the big guys, and Elijah is positively nutz for her. While King thinks she is "fine," as far as small humans go, Eli cannot leave her alone. He snuffles her. His ears droop. His lower lip falls open. His eyes close. She is clearly the most loveable thing he has ever seen or ever imagined. It's very cute.

I have a granddaughter too, born on Dec 10, 2007. What fun. She loves horses. She says Neigh,neigh (as well as mama and dada and bahbah lol). She loves to pet the horses when she comes to visit. Poor girl doesn't have a chance.

hahah My GD calls the horses neigh neighs as well. Wonder where they got that from. My plot worked to the nines much to my sons dismay. All Arianna wants now at four is a pony and her grandma has them. She even has a place to put it she says, on her porch. Everything now is horsey, horsey this horsey that. When I went to Canada last time, I took her horse back riding at the zoo, in the mall, and wherever there was a pony, grandma had ARianna. By the time she is 6, I should have successfully placed her with a pony. When she comes here, she leads the horses LOL. She puts a rope around there leg hahahahah and they just comply. She sits on every single horse here. Got her own rubber boots and is grandmas little farmer for sure. Loves the tractor and the mud.. they are so so precious.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

I have a little 13 month old GD who got on my mare the first time at 2 weeks. Of course she loves both the mare and my mini donkey. She calls them kecko and Jakey. Soon I bet she'll drop the K and have it about right. She is here now for two days as daycare is closed for the week. She dresses up to go out nad feed them with me. Have three more, and the two boys started that early as well. They are now 7 + 10. They grew up riding on the mini donkey. When they come to Vt for the summer this next yr we are renting them a large pony, small horse so they can ride too. They got their first helmets at 2 also. its so good to get them exposed to animals early I think. It teaches them so much. She is sitting here on my lap giving me kisses and mooing at a cow on the wall. Time to get ready to go feed.

My personal theory is that they are born horse crazy - you'all just got lucky. I have known horse people who did everything right, but their kids just didn't like them. I am fortunate in that I have a niece who is a kindred soul - knew all 7 horses names, and their halters by the time she was 1 1/2. When she was 2 she actually noticed an extra halter hanging in the barn and wanted to know whose it was! Shocked me.

So - enjoy them when you find them, where ever you find them, who-ever they belong to.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Thumbs up Genetics is everything

Great going, KR

Make sure to feed the fire with horse-related gifts for any & all occasions.

Now where do you find little girl-sized manure forks & wheelbarrows.......
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Quote Originally Posted by snkstacres View Post
    hahah My GD calls the horses neigh neighs as well. Wonder where they got that from.
    I don't mean to steer this thread off the OP's topic, but put my almost 2 year old daughter down as another who refers to horses with the "neigh, neigh" sound. I too am wondering where they get this from? I know that a child's first words are usually words that are an important part of their daily life such as “mama,” “dada,” or “milk,”. I guess all of our plots are working if we have our children or grandchildren saying "neigh, neigh" as one of their first words.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post

Now where do you find little girl-sized manure forks & wheelbarrows.......
    I got a tiny wheelbarrow from True Value for my niece. But John Deere makes one, too:
    http://www.backtobasicstoys.com/item...source=PDGOG08

They also have little garden tools