The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Rosenthal

Since I'm unfamiliar with Rosenthal's bloodlines (or most Hanovarian lines,) I'm interested in your opinions on Rosenthal's breeding. What are his lines known for? Does anyone know of or own any of his offspring? If so, what are they like?
    "...through his mane and tail the high wind sings,
    Fanning the hairs, who wave like feathered wings." William Shakespeare

There is a poster here who had 2 or 3 of his babies last year. I believe she is away on vacation, though...
    Mighty Thoroughbred Clique
    Racing Enthusiast Clique
    Careful, you might end up in my novel!

Rosenthal is by Rubinstein....arguably one of the finest sport horse stallions today. This "R" line is very strong and popular, producing strong dressage candidates. (Rotspon is Rosenthal's half brother.) Do a google search on Rubinstein offspring to see the influence he has on his foals as well as the success of his offspring.

When I'm "stallion searching" I ALWAYS look for Rubinstein somewhere in the pedigree and go from there.

Personally I think Rosenthal is a very nice stallion for dressage consideration. I suspect he crosses well with a variety of mares.

Our Rosenthal colt sold before weaning at full asking price.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

If this is SweetLatte the Arabian person....know that he crosses VERY well with Arabs. If you go to the Oldenburg Horse Breeding Society website, under "Success" (or is it news?) and go into the "shows" section....there is a shot of my two-year old half-arab Rosenthal gelding at SHN (TT -- 3rd in class). He is just a wonderful, fun horse with loads of personality and talent. There is also a shot somewhere on there of RosEbony, another half-arab Rosenthal filly who was Res. Grand Champion at a USDF Breeders show.

Another friend of mine has a very lovely half-arab Rosenthal filly...photo of her belod, a month or so after she was backed.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...tyhorse/-1.jpg
    Cold Spring Farm
    German and Arabian-related GOV sporthorses

https://www.facebook.com/groups/426884770673419/

I have a rosenthal filly from last year out of my tb mare. we were so pleased with the cross that we bred back. there are pictures on the link in my profile. Although she did not go premium (ran arounf like a bat out of hell, not trot, haha) she recieved great compliments, especially on her topline. I love his foals, you can pick them out of a crowd. You should read the article they wrote about him in last year Oldenburg Mag. its says a lot.

To the original poster: Is Rosenthal a Hanoverian or an Oldenburg? What are his breeding licenses?
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Rosenthal's lines are: RUBINSTEIN / KARON / WOERMANN

He is approved with the GOV (through his dressage scores because of an injury before/during (can't remember) 100dt - there is probably a thread somewhere on that).

I've visited HP a few times and Rosenthal has an amazing presence. He's known to stamp his foal's front ends (head, neck, topline). The Rubenstein line is definitely also known for rideability.

http://wwwarmbloods.com/highpoint/rosenthal.php
    Last edited by jlmckinley; Jan. 21, 2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: link

As an amatuer, rideability and temperament are a huge consideration in a horse. I've heard great things about his half-Arabian crosses (the reason for my interest.)

HIs foals certainly have a "look" to them from pictures. Just gorgeous
    "...through his mane and tail the high wind sings,
    Fanning the hairs, who wave like feathered wings." William Shakespeare

I had three Rosenthal foals last year.
    Risque - She is a carbon copy of her dam Delimain (Diamont/Prinz Gaylord)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alG8j46KOzo

Ransom - renamed Riscatto. Definitely not the typical Rosenthal which really surprised me since his dam Suerte has always had very pretty, typey foal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9rkt...eature=related

Ricochet - Nice colt out of a SWB mare Beija Flor (LA Baltic Inspiration/Zorn)
    This colt can jump!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgDE_...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by genevieveg17 View Post
    Ransom - renamed Riscatto. Definitely not the typical Rosenthal which really surprised me since his dam Suerte has always had very pretty, typey foal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9rkt...eature=related
    That video is awesome Genevieve! LOL He sure has a mind of his own doesn't he?

If I had not watched her foal with my own eyes, I would be asking you why you waited until he was a yearling to wean! What a tank! He is as big as Suerte! I really like his look but definitely not the typical Rosenthal. I would love to see him at 4--I think he is going to be nice.
    Chris
    Ladybug Hill--Hunters and Ponies
    WWSD? (what would Suerte do?)

He definitely had the llama look as a weanling but I really think once he matures he will be a nice 4 or 5 y.o.
    He is going to be a prancy horse. Not a hunter bone in that big old gangly body!
    I really thought that Suerte would have produced something totally opposite of Ransom with Rosenthal. Goes to show what I know!!

I didn't see a llama. I thought he was a handsome boy. Just huge!

Thank god you can't see mine right now. Drowned rat would be a good description for mine right now!
    Chris
    Ladybug Hill--Hunters and Ponies
    WWSD? (what would Suerte do?)

Rosenthal is a fantastic stallion. We have a 2007 filly out of a MMB thoroughbred mare that has impecable conformation, great disposition and is detined to be a real performance horse. Her dam was bred back to Rosenthal for this year and will likely go back to him again. All the stallions at HP Hanoverians are quite nice and I wouldn't hesitate to breed to any of them, Rosenthal just happens to be the right nick for this mare. Rachelrae was a premium at her weanling inspection this past July and we're looking forward to this year's foal. We have a chestnut mare that, if she's not sold prior to this spring , will likely be bred to Furst Impression.

Default I have always loved him

I have always loved him! He is a lovely boy!
    Last edited by Horsecrazy27; Apr. 12, 2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: changed plans
    *Better to have loved than to have never loved at all.*
    ALWAYS Blessings NEVER losses.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieveg17 View Post
    I had three Rosenthal foals last year.
    Risque - She is a carbon copy of her dam Delimain (Diamont/Prinz Gaylord)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alG8j46KOzo
    Wow, I am very impressed by this filly! I really, really like her. Did someone already snatch her up?

horselifer - Thank you. I was very happy with her and yes, she is sold. She is a very nice filly.

I have a coming 4 yr old Rosenthal gelding whom I would never sell.....in a million years......for any amount of money!

NEVER!

The most gorgeous head I have ever seen on a horse, the kindest eye.....and he is an unmistakable Rosenthal (I just wish he had gotten his sire's LUXURIOUS tail!)

I can spot a Rosenthal a mile away! He has had many successful offspring at the breed shows and Reiner K by Rosenthal owned by Terry Smith won at Devon this year I think in his materiale? Correct me if I'm wrong on the class there Terry! First offspring's are now kicking butt as riding horses and not just in the breed classes!

Terry bred my gorgeous boy, and also bred a coming 4 year old (by Rosenthal) out of the dam I own now, that won Morven park etc, as a yearling.

For temperament, elegance AND performance, one just cannot beat a Rosenthal.

Not biased am I?

Mountain View Farm
    Diva 5-7-07, Dolce 5-19-08, Devo 6-10-09

When handling yourself....use your head. When handling your horse....use your heart!<3

Default Tell me about Rosenthal and his offspring **Pix of mare added!**

A friend of mine suggested Rosenthal my for my Royal Appearance/ Grannus mare today, and I've been thinking, that might not be a bad idea. The things she definitely needs improvement on are her walk, and her head. She has a rather nice canter, and a nice trot. She's got a great temperament as well. Although I worry about size, she's 17 hands.

She is currently in foal to Rubino Bellissimo, and I've always loved the Rubinstein line. Unfortunately this RB foal will be her first foal (I'm hoping for a keeper filly!), so I can't say how she produces :/

Any info would be greatly appreciated! I'll get a good conformation shot of her tomorrow and post it.

Here are some pix of my girl, taken today

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...orever/036.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...orever/020.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...orever/026.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...orever/001.jpg
    Last edited by Dressage_Diva333; Dec. 18, 2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: added pix
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dressage_Diva333 View Post
    A friend of mine suggested Rosenthal my for my Royal Appearance/ Grannus mare today, and I've been thinking, that might not be a bad idea. The things she definitely needs improvement on are her walk, and her head. She has a rather nice canter, and a nice trot. She's got a great temperament as well. Although I worry about size, she's 17 hands.

She is currently in foal to Rubino Bellissimo, and I've always loved the Rubinstein line. Unfortunately this RB foal will be her first foal (I'm hoping for a keeper filly!), so I can't say how she produces :/

Any info would be greatly appreciated! I'll get a good conformation shot of her tomorrow and post it.
    Rosthenal is refined and it would be fine for size (to a 17h mare). Most of his foals are Med height not 17hands, even when bred to large mares. He's a stunner in person. You should go see him.