The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 2 minis/xsmall ponies available to GREAT homes

I am going to be a 4th yr vet student come May, and am looking to downsize a few horses since my sister will be the one doing most of the barn work.

I am looking for great homes for two of my tiny equines, I can email pictures to you of both that I just took the other day. Let me know if you are interested in either one.

1. Registered mini horse, bay mare, 34 inches tall. Very furry and roly-poly. Her name is "Maggie". She is 11 years old, likes kids, and loves other horses. Will stand in cross ties to be brushed by kids for hours. Too small to give pony rides, so doesn't have much experience in that. She has NEVER foundered, even though we have 25 acres of grass turnout. Gets very depressed when you put a grazing muzzle on her, so we stopped that. She seems to be able to regulate herself and so is fine even on full turnout in all seasons. She is very fat as a result, but adorable. She has an underbite, and so its good for the dentist to check her yearly, and ideally get sedated and floated (incisors too) every few years. We just had that done last year.

2. "Faith", is a 6 year old small pony mare, 10 hands tall and is a grey/white pinto but mostly white. She is VERY personable, loves treats, loves attention, can be alittle stubborn. She has foundered in the past and so needs paddocks without too much grass or a grazing muzzle in spring/summer/fall. She doesn't mind grazing muzzles and actually gets excited when she sees one because she knows she gets a treat when it goes on. She also would stand in cross ties for hours for kids to play with. She is also used to having a little saddle put on her and a girth tightened and kids jumping up on her for a pony ride. Slower moving because of her feet and so is a good, safe companinon and good pony for kids to be interacting with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003_small.JPG 
Views:	321 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	23377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008_small.JPG 
Views:	365 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	23378  
    ~ Scarborough Fair Farm ~

check your PM's.

another PM.
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

Finders those are some awful cute little mini's....heheheeee
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

My daughter would happily give one of them a home but said she hasn't heard back from you. Have they already been placed?
    Pat Belskie - ASHEMONT Farm

http://www.ashemont.com
    Ashemont2@gmail.com

Ashemont, we decided it wouldn't be a good fit between Maggie and your daughter because Maggie wouldn't do well as the only horse on a property. She loves being turned out with other horses.

The are soooooo cute! Someone adopt these fuzzy wuzzy sweeties!

(I'm not looking, I'm not looking, I'm not looking...)

Iluvgoldies- Would the mini be alright with a herd of 4 with one really bossy mare? I am speaking for my aunt who is in Kent, CT.
    Smileys, the internet's botox

Both are still available as of 1/4/08. I've had some tirekickers but no real offers. These are two sweet tiny equines that would be great additions to any barn.

They can be separated and they need to be turned out with other horses - would not do well as the sole equine.

Please PM if interested and tell me your situation! I do require references too. Thank you!

A pic of furry cutie Faith - both are still available!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	23837  

Default Minis

Please let me know if your minis were placed yet. Thanks

These two are just the cutest. I wish I were able to snatch them both up!

btw...

If you haven't owned a mini and aren't sure you want to take the plunge with one...let me tell you...they just rock. My little Dumplin' man is the sweetest, funniest most loveable creature. Imagine looking at the cute fuzziness every day. They are airferns too. Just sprinkle them with water now and again and they thrive. They eat so little it's nuts. I think my chickens eat more than Dumplin'

I know of a small lesson barn that is looking for a pony for young kids to learn a thing or two on. They have about 10 or so horses out there. She would be really well taken care of I think. I'm going to ask her and see if she is interested today. She is in GA though, not sure how'd she get down here.

Default Maggie

See my post:

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=188157

We are EXTREMELY interested in Maggie if she's still available. PM sent.

hotshoeing Guest

have you placed these two yet? I livein Fl and would love a couple of these guys to love on. My kids are teens and my daughter wants to have one for a pet. She ride hunters so she's busy with horses.