The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default PHOTOS post #3 - Free sound, healthy Welsh pony gelding in WA

My mom upgraded this burnt out, misused 4H pony a few years ago and he's turned into a happy pasture puff at her house. He's in the 20 years/13 hand range, grey, cute as pie, and great in a herd (low on the totem pole). Perfectly sound and always healthy, barefoot, and maintained on orchard grass hay. Easy keeper but not obese, never foundered, and super cute! He has not been ridden since the "upgrade" and we feel that it would be in his best interest to remain a pet/companion rather than a mount, as it has taken him a while to become content and trusting again. He is NOT a children's pony.

My mom is hoping to make room for a husband horse (her SIL - my beloved - wants to ride!) and she needs to free up a stall before that can happen. Whitecap is currently living with a couple of bitchy mares and is pretty good at keeping his head down, but he'd thrive in a situation with a nice horse or two for company.

Located on Whidbey Island, between Seattle and Bellingham, Washington.
    Last edited by didgery; Dec. 19, 2008 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Add photos - see post #3 below.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

I'll see if I can find a picture to post!
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1058283407

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1058283407

My mom just sent me these two photos (taken in the summer, and ungroomed - pardon the dirt!).