The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default crazy eBay seller

I won't post a link to the item but this gal is selling a pretty nice girth.

imagine how horrified I was to read the last line of the listing:

"Hunter Princess clearing out her tack room and closet- lots of name brand tack and apparel! Must go asap! Trading in my horse stuff for a motorcycle. "

haha I have seen that before - i must warn you though... I think the seller posts here (or maybe it's bits & barter?).
    just a heads up.
    BDC

? What's wrong with it??? Did I miss something?

She's getting out of the ponies? Nothing wrong with that.....
    Sarah in New Hampshire
    My Blog - Adventures in Eventing

Heck I have both. Love, love, love my motorcycle. Wouldn't get rid of the horses for it and in fact would sell the bike in a heartbeat if the horses needed the funds, but it's a wonderful feeling when you ride. And I can't ride my horses to work, so it does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by joharavhf View Post
    ?
    She's getting out of the ponies? Nothing wrong with that.....
    If anything that probably makes her more sane then the rest of us!

I see nothing wrong and definitely NOT "horrified" that the person is getting out of horses/ponies and buying a motorcycle. What's wrong with that?

I have owned three bikes in my time, and Andrew has owned two.
    (Mine: Yamaha YZF-600R, KTM450 (dirtbike), and a Hayabusa - Andrew: 2 SVs).
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

I have a very good friend who has a lot of stuff she is selling on e-bay. This might be one of her listings.

She fell off of her horse and received a concussion. While she was being examined, the doc found that she had some bad wiring in her body. Her brain was not communicating with her heart. He told her she could never ride again. She was absolutely devastated!!!!!! She withdrew from all of her horse friends for a long time. She just couldn't bear to hear about horses for a little while. She didn't want kids, just her horse.

She loves motorcycles and works for a large motorcycle company. She wants to still be able to enjoy the feeling of wind in her face. So, she wants to purchase a bike.

Things are not always as they might appear to us.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveToJump View Post
    I have a very good friend who has a lot of stuff she is selling on e-bay. This might be one of her listings.

She fell off of her horse and received a concussion. While she was being examined, the doc found that she had some bad wiring in her body. Her brain was not communicating with her heart. He told her she could never ride again. She was absolutely devastated!!!!!! She withdrew from all of her horse friends for a long time. She just couldn't bear to hear about horses for a little while. She didn't want kids, just her horse.

She loves motorcycles and works for a large motorcycle company. She wants to still be able to enjoy the feeling of wind in her face. So, she wants to purchase a bike.

Things are not always as they might appear to us.
    That's a shame, hope your friend's alright now.

To the other people asking what's wrong with the ad- there's nothing WRONG with it, but you have to admit, it's a pretty funny visual to think about a Hunter Princess turning into a Biker Chick...

Get it? Tongue in cheek. She's crazy, she's selling her horses!

My favorite was the one for some nice tall boots, maybe Dehner. She said "I wanted to take lessons, but after one lesson I decided horses weren't for me. I kept them around in case I needed them for a halloween costume."

I was like... who buys $600 tall boots for their first lesson then keeps them around for a costume? LOL!

I too fail to see where the problem is. Hobbies and interests change and horses are a very expensive hobby.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

I think the OP was just making a funny observation (TIC) on the listing since we all know that giving up horses is just craaazy.

Default Hay

I was selling some stuff on ebay mainly because I broke my ankle in April. When I got back on my horse as a 47 year old person, well, I just wasn't the same. So I sold all my English stuff and went western, baby!!! I think alot of people got a kick out what I wrote on ebay in regards to the stuff I was selling.

I sold a ton of really nice stuff on ebay. My saddle is in a local tack shop. If they don't sell that by spring, I'll put that on ebay as well.

I bought an Abetta Endurance and man-oh-man do I stick like an SOB in one of those and am getting my confidence back.
    Sorry! But that barn smell is my aromatherapy!
    One of our horsey bumper stickers! www.horsehollowpress.com
    Add Very Funny Horse Bumper Stickers on facebook

I see nothing wrong with the ad either. I am more concerned by Talkofthetown's post. If your friend shouldn't be on horses, why is riding a motorcycle any less dangerous? Should she really be riding motorcycles with her condition?

Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the ad either. I am more concerned by Talkofthetown's post. If your friend shouldn't be on horses, why is riding a motorcycle any less dangerous? Should she really be riding motorcycles with her condition?
    Well, there's a lot less involved physically on a motorcycle--you literally just sit there, and it's a smooth ride. Might be less of a physical danger thing, and just about the unpredictability of horses. Horses have their own brain, motorcycles do not
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/