The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Any Good Blanket Sales

Does anyone know of any good blanket sales going on right now? I need 75"-82" and prefer Rambo, Shires, or Triple Crown. I keep looking on E-Bay, but haven't found much as far as good sales.
    Boarding for Show, Pleasure, and Retirement horses. www.LockeMeadows.com

I'm looking too. Always watching and waiting. Will let you know if I come across any.
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Well, if anyone comes across ANY Shires blankets, whatever price, that I can order in the US, please let me know! I bought one high neck a few years and LOVE it, but have been told they no longer distribute to the US??? I looked high and low last year, found one dealer in CA but we played phone tag for awhile and it never worked out. I specifically wanted the high neck med-weight (which is actually between a med weight and heavy weight).

Check Schneiders. They always have something on sale. I've use their blankets for years and they are great quality at a very good price. Especially on sale! www.sstack.com
    Lilykoi

Hell hath no fury like the chestnut thoroughbred mare

That Schneiders blanket looks really nice, and what a great price!! Thanks for the heads up!

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

I do believe netequestrian.com has some Shires blankets in their clearance section. I want to say they're all heavyweights though, but I haven't looked recently.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by BelladonnaLily View Post
    Well, if anyone comes across ANY Shires blankets, whatever price, that I can order in the US, please let me know! I bought one high neck a few years and LOVE it, but have been told they no longer distribute to the US??? I looked high and low last year, found one dealer in CA but we played phone tag for awhile and it never worked out. I specifically wanted the high neck med-weight (which is actually between a med weight and heavy weight).
    Equusnow.com is selling Shires.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

I was at Saddlery Liquidators yesterday and they had loads of blankets. I bought a 82" medium weight waterproof one for 89$, and a 80" sheet for about 39$.

I can't remember all the brands they had. I know they had Weatherbeeta. I think they had Rambo's. They had a bunch of new ones - a brand I didn't recognize but the label said something about Quarter Horses. They did have a lot with D's for hoods, and also had hoods. They had sheets, coolers, light, medium and heavyweight blankets.

Sorry that's all I remember. I zipped in and zipped out. It's a crappy day to ride - but a good day to visit tack stores......

It's the dead of winter, midweight is the most popular weight of blanket, and you're shopping for the most popular sizes. Finding that on sale would be like finding Tailored Sportsmans in size 30 on sale in mid-May.

My boy needs a new midweight turnout to replace his Triple Crown, so I went site-trawling and Ebay-hunting too. I did that for about three weeks, but I gave up this morning and bought a 1680 denier Schneider's Euro Extreme--with good old coupon code K in checkout for $10 off $50, it was $119 shipped. That's better than anything that I saw from Rambo/Rhino/Triple Crown/Shires even on Ebay (best deal on Ebay was a Rhino Wug for around $130 shipped).

FWIW, my horse has a Triple Crown midweight and heavyweight and a Schneider's Classic Euro turnout sheet (which is the same cut as the Euro Extreme), and they all fit him very well. So if your horse fits well in Horsewear Ireland, chances are that the Euro Extreme will be a good match too.

I love netequestrian and she does have a nice selection of Shires blankets.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

A plug for a local store: Dan's Boots & Saddles in Abq is having a sale on Shires blankets right now. They are not on the website, but you can call them at (505)345-2220 for sizes/prices, and their shipping is pretty reasonable. Of course, I found out about this sale after ordering blankets online elsewhere

Ebay.... baby. Just ordered a new Rambo Supreme for well under what the local tack stores are all charging. Plus opened a credit card to get 15% off the already great price.

ETA -Free shipping too.
    Last edited by Creaghgal; Dec. 11, 2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: .
    "Dressage" is just a fancy word for flatwork