The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sweet update (last post) sweet small pony available

Banana is a 12 year old super fuzzy small pony gelding. I'm not sure how to describe his color...you'll have to look at the photos! (We just say he is banana colored ) This little guy has more mane and forelock than you know what to do with and is fat fat fat (no grain for him!)

He is AWESOME on the ground. Easy to handle-all the kids love him. The camp kids loved playing with him this year! Total in your pocket type-happy to follow you around the barn all day long. His favorite thing is giving kisses-he would be happy to lick you like a puppy all day long.

Banana can be ridden walk/trot/canter but needs to be in a program in order to stay quiet. He had a hind suspensory so if he is ridden, he should do flat only. Not for a dead beginner (unless they just wanted to be led around) or as a once a week kind of pony.

I think he would be most happy as a backyard buddy, with or without other horses. (Actually, he would be MOST happy in your kid's bedroom, but a backyard would do). Loves kids and would love to be pet, braided, messed around with and loved on all day long. He is longing for kids of his own!

I took these today-don't mind the trace clip!
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...04504633vZsRyk
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...04504633pQidSf
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...04504633HeWcok - sad Banana wants more carrots!
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...04504633HeWcok Maybe someone has carrots down the aisle?
    Last edited by Kashi; Dec. 23, 2008 at 08:21 AM. Reason: nice update :)

OMG he is Adorable!!!!

Someone needs him under their tree this year
    -Jessica

Default Banana

Interested in your pony. Would love to use him as a lead line pony for my nephew. Where are you located? I am in SC.

Default Oops location

AppyJumpr08- Thanks, yes he IS so cute! He's not the most photogenic pony (he doesn't look quite so "Eeeyore" in person) but he is the goofiest little peanut you have every seen. The whole time I was at the barn yesterday, he had his nose stuck through the bars begging for a treat.

As I was just telling someone, you can not look at this little dude and not smile I showed a picture to my very non-horsey SO, and he decided Banana is a "surfer dude pony"!

I may have forgot to mention a crucial detail there. He is in Wellesley, Massachusetts. He would love to arrive under someone leadliner's tree!

Default color

I think the proper name for his color is amber champagne. I have a walker gelding that color. They have the different colored, beutiful eyes that are dead giveaways of champagne genes.
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Smile Banana

Anyone have an idea what shipping would run to SC? Would love to work something out if I can get some shipping assistance in getting this little dude into a good leadline home! Lovngustil@aol.com

Canopach, I'd PM EquineArtworks. She just had Dumplin shipped form GA to NY, so it would be comparable I bet.
    Strong promoter of READING the entire post before responding.

Canopach, I'm looking for quotes for Maara, they're running right around $800 to just south of Raleigh. So far I haven't found anyone coming this way till Jan, but I'm still looking. I'll let you know what I find out, maybe they could come together!

Canopach01 I used Kyle with Pine Valley Acres. He gave me an excellent price for shipping both the mini and the pup. He had truck problems in TX which led to some delays but my guys both arrived in tip-top shape, happy, non-stressed and clean as a whistle.

His website is www.pinevalleyacres.com and his email is kyle@pinevalleyacres.com , if you get in touch with him tell him colleen sent you and that Dumplin' and Tito are doing great!
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Quote Originally Posted by equineartworks View Post
    Canopach01 I used Kyle with Pine Valley Acres.
    The buyer of our weanling WB colt used him. He was very considerate of the colt and even provided him with a box stall. I was very surprised when I heard how reasonable his rates were....$400 from NC to AL on his way to TX
    Pat Belskie - ASHEMONT Farm

http://www.ashemont.com
    Ashemont2@gmail.com

He's a champagne.. Very Cute!
    "Sport N Curls"
    Sport Horse type Curlies and Sport Ponies with the mind, looks and athletic ability to compete in a variety of disciplines.
    www.seldomcreek.com

Thanks for the color help, guys. Champagne is certainly more dignified-sounding than "banana colored"

Banana went home today with a wonderful family to do leadline with their 3 year old son. Thanks for everyone's interest and help!

Thumbs up Thanks all

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got a christmas card this morning with an adorable photo of our Banana pony and his new little boy. It is their "Christmas picture" and he is on Banana bareback in front of his decorated stall, complete with stocking and bows, and Banana has Christmas bow and tinsel around his neck. The pony looks pleased as punch!!

Wanted to send a big thank you to everyone out there who had interest in and helped us find a home for this lovely little guy, and our other ponies as well. Can't thank this community enough! You guys are the best Great christmas present indeed-another COTH success story!