The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Oh NO! Joey Starbuck's been ARRESTED and is in JAIL!

His mug shot is below.

His crime? Breaking and entering. Tomorrow I should have the police photographs of his crime...but as of right now, we only have the police blotter to go by:

On Sunday, December 7, 2008 at approximately 7:04 a.m., officers from the Melmont Sport Horse Farm Division were dispatched to 28XXX Mine Run Road, a horse farm located within Orange County, Virginia, in regards to a suspected breaking and entering. The preliminary investigation revealed that one section of three board fence, in its early twenties, had been broken in half. One board was broken in the middle, and was transported to the burn pile via personal vehicle. It was reported DOA upon arival, as were subsequent boards in the section.

A second, third, fourth and fifth section, located at the scene, was broken in the middle, top, bottom, and middle, respectively. They are in critical condition and currently undergoing carpentry.

Officers from Melmont Sport Horse Farm Division (MSHFD) and detectives from the Violent Crimes against Board Fences Unit (VCABFU) also responded to the scene to assist in the investigation. Officers and detectives arrested a JOEY STARBUCK, a four year old equine, who refused to answer any questions regarding the crime. Witnesses, however, are being questioned.

Currently Mr. Starbuck is being held in a maximum security area, under suicide watch, with a 24-hour guard, and dangerously-high electrical fencing.
    Please, fellow CoTHers, I need to raise bail (the Joey Starbuck Legal Defence fund has been started) to get him out. The judge, at his arraignment, said he was going to have to do community service, repairing public fences ... and he doesn't even know how to use a hammer!

Anyone else been there???? Any place you can recommend for rehab?

Oh, the shame of it all. A criminal in the family...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joey Starbuck Mug Shot.jpg 
Views:	923 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	23303  
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

Talking I feel your pain....

LOL!!!!

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

So, funny it made me smile on this gloomy day!
    CRAYOLA Posse: PLUM

That's ok.... my 3yo mare developed a habbit of sneaking out to go to the mall. (Ok, she went visiting the TB fillies in the next field and they were having a wonderful gallop when we caught up with her. I guess they're more fun than the mature mares she's turned out with??)
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

I think his crime was actually breaking and EXITING? LOL!!!

Very cute...

It's 'tough love', but I think Mr. Joey Starbuck committed the crime and must do the time. That being said, I'll send him a carrot cake with a saw inside (but then if he can't use a hammer, he probably can't use a saw either).
    I support and enable the USA bred horse and the USA breeder.

Just remember, when he goes to trial, if the shoe don't fit, you must acquit.

Yes, but do you all realize he destroyed FIVE sections of fence!!! FIVE FIVE FIVE ... I bet that's almost 1/4 mile of fence. FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS!

<KT swoons>

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THIS IS GOING TO COST TO FIX??????

<KT swoons, AGAIN.>
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

Quote Originally Posted by Oldenburg Mom View Post
    Yes, but do you all realize he destroyed FIVE sections of fence!!! FIVE FIVE FIVE ... I bet that's almost 1/4 mile of fence. FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS! FIVE SECTIONS!

<KT swoons>

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THIS IS GOING TO COST TO FIX??????

<KT swoons, AGAIN.>
    It's actually sort of impressive that he destroyed that much fencing. I mean, it's almost like he had to think to himself "HMMMM today I think I'm going to break a lot of fencing! Sounds like a plan!"

It appears that Joey Starbuck could benefit from the installation of electronic parameters.......

Quote Originally Posted by 00Jumper View Post
    It's actually sort of impressive that he destroyed that much fencing. I mean, it's almost like he had to think to himself "HMMMM today I think I'm going to break a lot of fencing! Sounds like a plan!"
    You haven't seen OM's fencing... I hear Noah used left over wood from the ark to put it up .

\"For all those men who say, \"Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,\" here\'s an update for you: Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it\'s not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage.\"-

oh-boys just play rough with their toys...

quote "Just remember, when he goes to trial, if the shoe don't fit, you must acquit. "

**snork**... I now need a new keyboard as this one is covered in Limeaid
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

He needs to go on the chain gang!

Well.....the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, No wait on the other side of that section, or maybe on the other side of that section.........

If they make him wear B/W striped jail clothing, will that make him a zebra???
    I am trying to be the person my horse thinks I am.

Hire him out to a demolition crew until he earns enough to cover his damages.

Anybody need a fence taken down?

Was he trying to do the weave poles?

weaveweaveweaveweaveweave

So I guess that makes him a Section Five offender.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

In Mr. Joey's defense, although what he did was a grave error in his ways, it has made me smile on a day when smiles were hard to come by.

Therefore, I hope the jury will request time served and restitution for his offences