The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ampere (Rousseau x Flemmingh x Amor)

Holy smokes, have you seen this horse move? Great topline! Looks like the whole package... Rousseau really produces stallion son, after stallion son. Judy Yancey just announced she would be carrying semen from this stallion for 2009. Here's a link to the youtube video. There is also more on Reesink horses website. I understand that this horse is American owned, but will be staying in Europe for competition.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpC1VNvMgI
    Impressive

I noticed him on Judy Yancey's site a couple days ago. WOW!

I really, really like him
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

I am becoming very, very impressed with Rousseau's abilities as a sire. We have a lot of quite good WB stallions here now, but Rousseau I think is proving to be head and shoulders above the rest. It is rather astounding that we have a stallion of his caliber here in the U.S. He keeps turning out these amazing foals, some of which are even better than he is. This Ampere is going to be really fun to watch come up through the levels.

Does anyone know how big his offspring turn out?

What type mare (size/Movement)produced this guy?

Since his semen is carried frozen by Judy does this mean he is not standing at Hassler Dressage any longer?

Bellfleur,

Rousseau, Ampere's sire is standing at Hassler Dressage.

Judy Yancey will be offering frozen semen from Ampere, who I believe is American owned, but will be competing in Germany.
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability

I'm pretty excited, as I have a Rousseau foal due in May, out of a Riverman (Holst.) mare!
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability

[QUOTE=Bellfleur;3714109]Does anyone know how big his offspring turn out?

What type mare (size/Movement)produced this guy?

QUOTE]

My Rousseau foal is out of mare that is a tadd less than 16 hands(161cm) . His own growing chart indicates that he will be 16.3 to 17 hands tall. Last time sticked, 13.3 hands at 7 months. This stallion is known to give good temperament so it must be deeply inbred in this foal as his mother is the same. This little guy is talking to us all the time, always greeting us at the gate. He is the most friendly I ever own.

Rousseau seems to throw mostly First premium, as his entire class were First Premium at this year Iron Spring Farm keuring.

I saw Ampere (AJonc then) at the Stallion selection last January in Holland where he became Champion. I was thrilled as my foal to born was also by Rousseau out of a Flemmingh mare. Ampere is a great mover and really beautiful.

It was the third time in a row that Rousseau produced the Champion of selection. It never happened before, not even twice!!! Well he was the 'twice'!!!
    Suzanne
    bloomingtonfarm.com
    Breeder of Royal Dutch Sport Horse

I can hardly wait for my Rousseau from Wolkenstanza. I agree with DY about how lucky we are to have this stallion available. Last year we used his frozen semen to do an ET and had perfect luck with it.

We have had two Rousseau foals from two different mares, both were First Premium foals.
    I've seen many at the keurings and several going under saddle and the two we have had here have been real sweethearts to work with. I haven't seen a Rousseau offspring I haven't liked and they look like a dream to ride. We are expecting a Wamberto out of one of the mares who this year had the Rousseau, so its going to be interesting to see how they compare in that regard.

I agree, you can't help being impressed with Rousseau as a sire.
    www.trevelyanfarm.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tre...1609022?ref=ts
    Breeders of Sport Horses & New Forest Sport Ponies

I love love my Rousseau filly (out of a Rubenstein x Werther mare). She is 2.5 and is by far the most friendly and easy horse I have ever owned. Nothing is a big deal for her and, thus far, she is very amateur friendly. She is also extremely large and old fashioned - not at all modern like many of her siblings - right now, she is over 16.2 and right in the middle of a growth spurt. She is a very good mover in all three gaits but, admittedly, no Ampere.

Here is the most recent photo I have from September (she is in an awkward growth stage, for sure):
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...ost=good-times

I think she was a little more balanced here:
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...51148306GYosjR

And here is her adorable face:
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...51148306cOpjvj

It has been hard to remember how young she actually is! She is just so huge and mature mentally, she might as well be 10 (patience, don't fail me now).
    Can you tell I adore her?

My post might have been a little confusing, so to clarify, Rousseau AND his champion stallion son Wamberto stand in the US at Hassler Dressage. Judy Yancey is rep for frozen semen on two other champion stallion sons of Rousseau, Blue Hors Zack (Zagreb) and now, Ampere (the one in the video link in my 1st post). Zack is in Denmark and Ampere in Germany, where he will be competed (though he is American owned, though maybe in partnership). As DY stated, it's awesome that we have a stallion of Rousseau's stature right here in the US. Prior to his importation to the US, Rousseau stood in Germany and was heavily used there, another testament to his quality as a KWPN sire. He is approved Hanoverian as well. I am super impressed by Ampere's movement, and he seems to be overall more refined than the 1st two champion sons.

Wowsa!

The video of that Ampere is simply amazing. I cannot wait to see what he puts on the ground.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Just watched the video...wowsa indeed!
    www.trevelyanfarm.com
    Follow us: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tre...1609022?ref=ts
    Breeders of Sport Horses & New Forest Sport Ponies

I have always loved Rousseau. I have a Rousseau foal due in April 09 out of my Sandro Hit x Donnerhall mare, EM Shakira.

Smile Cool horse!

Wow! Cool horse! Who is the american owner?

When I was in Holland for the Stallion Selections in 2007, the Rousseau and Krack C groups were by far the best in my opinion (the year Zack/Zagreb sold to Blu Horse). Hmm.....had been considering Rousseau for my Goodtimes X Silvio 1 mare Wildcard Keur Elite, but perhaps Ampere might be another good option.....

Warmly,
    Karin
    PS Can't wait to see your Rousseau Yankee Lawyer!
    Sporting Chance Farm/Dr Carlos and Karin Jimenez
    Breeders of International Quality KWPN Horses
    2006 KWPN-NA Breeders of the Year/2006 Res CH USDF DSHB Breeders Year
    www.sportingchancefarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by karin@dutchbreeders@aol.com View Post
    Wow! Cool horse! Who is the american owner?

When I was in Holland for the Stallion Selections in 2007, the Rousseau and Krack C groups were by far the best in my opinion (the year Zack/Zagreb sold to Blu Horse). Hmm.....had been considering Rousseau for my Goodtimes X Silvio 1 mare Wildcard Keur Elite, but perhaps Ampere might be another good option.....

Warmly,
    Karin
    PS Can't wait to see your Rousseau Yankee Lawyer!
    Oooh Rousseau x Wildcard would be awesome!

Here is a post about the sale of Ampere:
    http://dressagedaily.com/2008/dd_200...0910-euro.html
    The buyer named is Fritz Kundrun

He is lovely! I saw the video over on the Dressage board. So impressed!
    Unbridled Oaks - Champion Sport Ponies and Welsh Cobs

Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/unbridledoaks

I saw Ampere this summer when we visited the stable of Madeleine Witte-Vrees, who owned him at the time with her husband. He is really something else. Very sweet face and eye like most of the Rousseaus and a really nice size. Madeleine just adored him, and she was telling us that she would love to keep riding him, but he was so nice she was sure someone would buy him soon. And she was right! I'm hoping that maybe the new owner is keeping him there? They have a beautiful place.