The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What would you like for Christmas?

I'd like the dam of these horses please. Here's Bob Senior (Jazz x Flemmingh)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=A6GwS0ljDMo
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kttqv9qgToQ
    And here's his little brother, Bob Junior (Jazz x Flemmingh)
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeZJHsQTEM

And to prove it isn't just a one off good nick here's little sister by Stedinger. There's a video of mum and daughter. I just love the way mum steps under her weight.
    http://www.sporthorse-data.com/d?i=10510167

Do you think Sebora would fit in my Christmas stocking?

What would you like Santa to bring you this year?

Haha. How about a buyer for each (or any!) of my four sale horses. That would be sweeeeet.
    ~Another proud member of the TrakehNERD clique ~

I'd like a truck and trailer and world peace.
    www.grayfoxfarms.com Home of Redwine, Aloha, Federalist, Romantic Star and Rated R.

I would love for my herd to remain happy and healthy for 2009.

Dalemma

I would like our colt Puck to heal from his injury and Dalemma's wish is one near & dear to my heart given what I get to look at 5 times each day.

World Peace would be wonderful also.

I would love to have one month where I had less than a $500.00 vet bill!!!! Or possibly one month without one at all!!!

I would love for a buyer to my horse, and the perfect horse for me to come prancing my way, at a good price, so I could maybe do Juniors next year. I'd love for more time in life... Trying to juggle school, friends, family, my horses, and a part time job is taxing. I would loooove to be able to sleep in too! There are so many things I wish for this Christmas... I wish I was less selfish!

I want a tractor, PLease!!!! I've been praying for one for a long time. I don't mind making my kids help me with the poor shoveling, but dang....I'm sick and tired of listening to them complain about it!

But I'll settle for World peace and healthy children and horses if a tractor isn't in the works. After all, at least they're healty enough to complain.
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

I would like three more hours in the day. Anyone know how I could arrange that? If I got my wish....THEN I would wish for one of the horses posted by the OP
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

I would like a jamco 2+1 with the second escape door, and a 6' dressing/tackroom,
    my husband's profit sharing back so he can retire and help with the farm,

and for my son to GROW UP
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Dalemma, that's exactly what I was thinking.

A second for: I would love for my herd to remain happy and healthy for 2009.

I hope all of you have a happy and blessed holiday season.

it's not the edge of the earth, but you can see it from here

I'm just praying for enough hay to get us through the winter, enough work to keep us in grain and gasoline to GET the grain and hay... TODAY I'm wishing for water since the pipes froze. So I'd love it if we don't have another episode of frozen pipes in '09 ( )

A safe, healthy foal in June. Wisdom to make the keep/sell decision on it with my head not my heart.

On my Dear Santa letter: (IOW, will only happen if there IS a Santa... )

-A miraculous ultrasound in April that finds the Big Bay Broodmare Extraordinaire(TM) doesn't need to be retired afterall, but is ready to breed to Tico.

-A saddle wide enough to fit the two young'uns, and yet still fits me. A fancy new helmet to start said young'uns... I'm coveting the JR8's and the other copy of them that comes with a purple skunk stripe up the front.

A rolled double bridle in newmarket or london for the stallion. After searching for about 5 years, I finally got one last year that I got royally screwed on... it doesn't fit, reins aren't rolled, is hook studs not buckles, top-it-off, seller went out of biz so no return. I don't know why it's so hard to find. (or expen$ive--I find the OS one easily, but it's $$$$$ )

A month's training for each of the young'uns (2) to get them started u/s by someone ELSE... and then three months for the stallion.

Arabian SHN's, at Third, please.

Seriously... I have very few expectations for '09, and am very conservative with my predictions and plans. My hay guy has predicted almost every step of the economy meltdown verbatim. He's forecast dire things for the start of '09. I am scared for the first time. Scared I won't be able to feed the horses if it comes about like he is predicting.

On the bright side, I want for very little. I'm extraordinarily blessed. I *need* very little. Starting youn'uns is safer bareback anyway.
    InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

I already got it! My Custom-Fab 2 horse Combo Horse Trailer, xtra tall, xtra wide. It is 16' long in the box, so plenty big for hauling 2+1, and the partition can be moved for 2 box stalls. It also has the 2nd front/side ramp. I just love it! <now I just need to sell some horses to pay for it>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tn_Custom Fab trailer002.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	23285  

I'm wishing for the equivalent of a breeding miracle.... How about having all five of my broodmares due in '09 to give safe, successful birth to five happy, healthy, live foals?

Is that wishing too much??? Fingers crossed! Come on Santa!

Smile mare to foal safely and have a healthy foal

My mare aborted last year with less than 3 weeks to go.... So this year I am hoping and praying and wishing (u get the idea) for a safe and healthy foaling!!! All I know is she is HUGE this year.
    Here's to hoping everyone elses wishes come true!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

ok, how about a more somber wish?

I want to have my dad around for at least anther Christmas. He is very very ill, on dialysis three times weekly and in complete kidney failure. My children are the youngest of his 7 grandkids and at 2 and 6, are going to be lucky to remember him at all. He is the greatest guy in the world, who came to horse shows rain, shine (think Findlay, Ohio in Feb) and was my cheerleader.

Then healthy babies and world peace!
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

big jingles for your dad!
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

I would like no more colics please. After 2 days with 2 colicky horses (one of which was owned for less than 24 hours), and 3 emergency vet calls, I am very tired and a bit more broke.

Holly were jingling for your dad. Nothing beats a horse show DAD that's for sure!!
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

I would like an exceptionally well-bred WB filly under the tree this year (ideally a dressage-bred Hano in bay just in case there are any elves reading...bling unimportant, I am not THAT choosey ). But, alas, I guess that is going to have to wait for a couple more years, at least until after I finish my Master's. I will still have fun with my old mare, who is happy, healthy (knock on as much wood as possible), and full of go at 14. May she remain that way.

OT, but a small kudos to my DH... I got my Christmas present tonight (actually a combo Christmas/birthday gift; my birthday is Wednesday): a beautiful sapphire necklace! I like surprises, but he can't stand them and insisted that I open my present early. I didn't mind that much....

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01