The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crosspost: TBs to be auctioned in Southern IL Dec 6

Here is the link to the thread over on Off Course:
    http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/sho...d.php?t=178956

It is a dispersal sale for a racehorse breeding operation. There are 65 TBs in need of homes. I bet there are many future eventers among them.

Based purely on bloodlines alone, there should be LOTS of eventers in that bunch - the stallion Company Approval is a Caro grandson, and there are lots of his kids in the lot.

I am SOOOO wishing for some of them to be under my christmas tree, but I don't think I've been that good this year
    -Jessica

Bump for morning people

So, I called my mom so she could pass on the word to some of her clients back in SoIll (which she said the word is traveling fast and most of them had told her about it), and to tell her which ones I wanted to find under the tree when I come back home for Christmas, and I don't think she took me very seriously!

I mean really, if I'm making the 12 hour drive - I might as well bring a trailer!

GO!!! Please!! And take your trailer for sure

Heck, I was close to jumping in the truck and heading out from New Hampshire - 12 hours is nothin'

Edited to add: if you have room for #57 and #58 on your rig for me, I'd be much obliged!
    -Jessica

I'm crossing my fingers for all these lovely horses. I wish, I wish, I could take some home. I loff me that stallion. I emailed a farm where he used to stand and alerted them of the sale (don't worry, I was very polite and not crazy sounding).

If anyone wants to pick up some heese and keep them for me for several years I know eventually I can afford them!

Really though, there are some quality animals in that bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by AppJumpr08 View Post

Heck, I was close to jumping in the truck and heading out from New Hampshire - 12 hours is nothin'

Edited to add: if you have room for #57 and #58 on your rig for me, I'd be much obliged!
    If I could, I would!

I was thinking maybe I'd just haul my retired guy to the parents house and the the new guy home (whichever one he may be)... For some reason, the p'rents aren't enthusiastic about me leaving them with another horse and there's no way I can keep 3 out here!

Maybe we could do a COTH syndicate, and name him 'COTH Mt. Vernon'

Here's to hopin!

And hey, you don't even need to bring a trailer. They're auctioning one of those off, too!

You can also get brooms, wheelbarrows, hay, pitchforks, and the kitchen sink (in the mobile home they are also selling).

Heck, don't bring anything, and buy the whole place! Looks like a decent chunk of land.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

you should go....some nice mares there.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

bornfree - oh I considered it!! Unfortunately it's a 20 hour drive from here... and I just can't take that much time to be on the road right now

So I'll have to be happy with keeping my fingers crossed that they all find safe and happy homes.
    -Jessica

bornfree - oh I considered it!! Unfortunately it's a 20 hour drive from here... and I just can't take that much time to be on the road right now

So I'll have to be happy with keeping my fingers crossed that they all find safe and happy homes.

here too....makes me a bit sick to see open older broodmares on the block....and fearful for the others as well.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    here too....makes me a bit sick to see open older broodmares on the block....and fearful for the others as well.
    You and me both I would take all of those girls over 15 in a heartbeat...
    -Jessica

This COTH post inspired me to go to IL and try to help. (Naughty, naughty, on my part! I couldn't help it!!) I posted any news I had at the completion of the sale on the crosspost of this post in the Off Course forum if anyone is interested, or if anyone else went and has news!

Did the stallions sell??

Are you meaning Company Approval??? Yes, I believe the Illinois rescue people helped to find him a home. He is VERY nice---a brother to one of my event horses who I worship!! I wish I could have had him, but alas... Do not need a stallion! He is a very nice horse.

Default #40 coming to my house!!

I'm so excited!! My coach went to the sale ( I couldn't go) and bought #23 and #40. 23 for her and 40 for me!!! She also said that the Kill guy's trailer went home empty!

Quote Originally Posted by 3's a charm View Post
    I'm so excited!! My coach went to the sale ( I couldn't go) and bought #23 and #40. 23 for her and 40 for me!!! She also said that the Kill guy's trailer went home empty!
    sweet! congratulations!
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I'm really happy to read this good news from the sale.

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Quote Originally Posted by 3's a charm View Post
    Congratulations on #40! He/she is this year's foal by Company Approval out of Carrot Top. From the photo, he/she is going to be a nice, big horse for you in a few years. I just love chestnuts. Of course, I love bays and grays also.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Default He so cute

Thanks. I just got in from the barn, and he is so sweet. I think he is missing his mom, but is bonding with my old guy. Does anyone know who bought Carrot Top?