The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have the saddle she promoted, has her name stamped on it and such. Buts thats about all I know of her!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrangeOne View Post
    My dad got a brochure from the AMEX people that they send to rich white guys with different "adventures". Drive a racecar, etc etc. Mixed in was a week with Katie at her farm in NoVA- I hope for her sake no one signed up.
    I hope for THEIR sake, no one signed up. Great rider, not so lovely a personality, IMO....
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

Starkissed: Where did you purchase her saddle from? Is it the KMP Puissance Thoroughbred saddle? I would love to find one in a wide tree as the old one I had in a medium fit my horse beautifully until she muscled up more. Lovely lower end saddle. Bought it used though, so I have no idea how to find another!!!

Smile

Back in the early 80's ESPN did show Grand Prix Jumping on TV.

Katie and Noren were my favorite pair to watch.
    In 1986 @ Newport International Jumping Derby My Mom was under the tent and saw Katie jump right in front of her Wow!!
    Candy75*05,Bear the pony 58*84(Mikey)84*06Shilo1979-2007 Mako 86*09-Liza*91-Jewel*06-Cheerios*03-Piglet*07*cricket*04-Emma*96
    Dee

I love watching her ride. I saw her ride in person when they had show-jumping down in Newport, RI.

I remember seeing her at Chagrin when she was just a little thing. She was very focused and businesslike even then, at the age of nine or ten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

I have nothing but hig praise for Katie. We had her show horses for us back in the 80's and they all won under her. She could get a great performance out of any type of horse and she truly loves the horse. I learned so much from her when I took a clinic and still keep her comments tucked in my head. I would clinic again with her in a heart beat!

1 members found this post helpful.

Had the privilege of watching her ride in the Grand Prix at The Hampton Classic back in 1986. Amazing horsewoman.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

No doubt, Katie Prudent is a perfect horsewoman but an awkward personality? Are there any experiences with her?

Maybe a bit awkward but I never had a problem with her.

She's been a friend of mine for 30 years. No more awkward than anyone else in this business.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Great rider, what an insightful thread!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrangeOne View Post
    My dad got a brochure from the AMEX people that they send to rich white guys with different "adventures". Drive a racecar, etc etc. Mixed in was a week with Katie at her farm in NoVA- I hope for her sake no one signed up.

OMG, if this was cashed in with Amex points, I would do everything I could to earn enough!! I have about 20k saved up, how much more would I need? About 10 times that?! lol

A sophisticated discussion about a successful showjumper

I want to know what makes her unique, as a horsewoman and as a businesswomen. She is very successful for more than three decades.

I rode with her many years ago. I can honestly say that she was/is extremely nice. I lessoned with Beezie many Wednesday afternoons. I remember getting a phone call from Katie one day asking if I would invite Beezie over for dinner during a show (close to my house), Beezie was taking horses from the farm by herself. She was worried that Beezie, who was quite shy, would be at the show all alone.

I would love to ride with Katie again if the opportunity ever arose. Her having a difficult personality is nonsense.

She's so amazing--a couple years ago when she was in town between travels, she posted an ad in the local country store for lessons. I called her up and I explained to her what my skill level & goals were and she fit me into a group lesson. I was waaay over my head but she generously kept me after class and continued to work with me. I could hardly drive home with the "sewing machine" muscles in my thighs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jumpfan View Post
    I want to know what makes her unique, as a horsewoman and as a businesswomen. She is very successful for more than three decades.
    1. Her work ethic is beyond normal. And she has more riding talent in her little finger than anyone I know.
    2. She wants to WIN more than anyone. She wants it BAD.

Those two things are what it takes to stay on top.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Talking

My husband was at a GM clinic years ago and George had Katie riding. George would toss a baseball cap down at various distances in front of a jump and he would ask Katie to place her horse for take off where ever he tossed the cap. She could nail it right every time.
    Katie is here at WEF showing and riding and is as nice as can be.
    She is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by snaffles View Post
    My husband was at a GM clinic years ago and George had Katie riding. George would toss a baseball cap down at various distances in front of a jump and he would ask Katie to place her horse for take off where ever he tossed the cap. She could nail it right every time.
    Katie is here at WEF showing and riding and is as nice as can be.
    She is simply amazing.
    Wow that's real talent! So cool you got to see that.