The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I live in Chantilly, VA but I ride in Anytown, USA

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    No, the "Plain Bay" comes from a string of plain bays, including Bullwinkle and Jonesy, that she showed in the late 70's, long before The Governor. The original Plain Bay Farm was in Upperville. She then leased stalls at the current location until it came up for sale and she bought it. I don't think, but could be wrong, that it was part of the Harriman property. It is actually located inside the city limits of M'burg, almost the last driveway (and the second coming into town) as you leave town. It is a beautiful property.
    Yes, I do remember now that it was because she seemed to have a bunch of plain bays all at one time and was reminded of that a few Aprils ago when she was doing a clinic and said to one girl, "A plain bay. You're on my favorite color of horse."

For some reason, I thought Pam Harriman owned the Plain Bay where she is now first. But I could be wrong about that too. I do know she was in there as long as I can remember and that was easily 20 years ago.

I ran a search and the only property I could immediately find associated with Pamela was the property bought to be the Salamander spa. The property that sits next to the Goodstone Inn.

"If you have the time, spend it. If you have a hand, lend it. If you have the money, give it. If you have a heart, share it." by me

I may be wrong here but I think she had junior horse named Roman Be Good. Also a bay.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth1 View Post
    I may be wrong here but I think she had junior horse named Roman Be Good. Also a bay.
    Katie's junior hunter was Miltown and he was a bay. She may have had others but Miltown was very well known.

i was fortunate to have katie as the "alternate" ride when i couldn't make it up from florida. it wasn't a secret that george LOVED it when the mare got the brilliant rides with katie on her. one year at piping rock they won every class.... katie was always so sweet and generous, and never forgot to "thank" me for the ride. she is one of the true ladies left in the biz.

i guess riding with george didn't "ruin her release".........

1 members found this post helpful.

I saw her ride in the Jumper Classic at Upperville During part of the jump-off, she was standing next to me at the in-gate area for a while; I was in awe!

Yeah- I was trying to find informaiton on her for a while and was unsuccessful. I would love to find some kind of contact information. I was in France for a while looking for a job and someone suggested her to me, but again, I could not find any info on her.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

When I was a kid (back in the 70's), I saw an ad in PH that Katie was doing a clinic in my area. I begged my Mom and she let me bring my pony. My poor pony used to chip in because I (unknowingly) pulled on his face before every jump. During the clinic, Katie rode hmy pony and got him jumping beautifully. I'll just never forget that...Katie Monahan (at the time) rode MY pony!!!!!
    ~ Citizens for a Kinder, Gentler COTH...our mantra: Be nice. ~

Katie is one of the most successful showjumpers in the USA. It is incredible but Katie is ranking for more than 30 years in the world class. She was runner-up in the World Cup Final 1979.
    A brilliant horsewoman - second to none

Just wanted to say that I worked for Katie for several years and she has a fantastic charisma and is good role model - both on and off the horses. I appreciate all of the help that she gave me when I was younger and must say that a large part of my life has been influenced by her and the entire Prudent family .

Katie is the toughest rider in USA. She is a real champion an a real horsewoman. Currently she has a lot of new horses with high potentials.
    Which brand are her riding boots?

She probably has both nationalities thanks to her husband Henri so she is also one of the best French riders

I heard that she gave up her US citizenship for a French one. Or does she still have both....?

Both.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

Quote Originally Posted by hideyourheart03 View Post
    She was at the Duke Horse Show in Raleigh in the beginning of November. I had never had the opportunity to see her ride before. Let me just say, I was in awe....
    OMG... I about choked on my soda when she entered the arena and I heard her name called. I was like... "Did they just announce who I thought they did?" My friend and I were completely in shock, but on the edge of our seats nonetheless. Neither of us had ever gotten the chance to see her ride in person and we were totally thrilled, as she was one of our favorite riders growing up!
    Dreaming in Color

Is she at WEF this year? Could not find her name in the rankings.

Yes, they are there, I saw them in January when I was there.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

I saw her at WEF, riding in the 7-8 yo Young Jumper Qualifier last week.

Does anyone know if she still has a line of saddles? I owned one until a year ago, when I had to sell it to my Aunt... my chunky mare had outgrown it. I believe it was called a K.M.P. (Katie Monahan Prudent) Thoroughbred Puissance CC saddle. That may or may not be in the correct order. Anyway, I was absolutely in love with that saddle and always scour the internet for one, new or used. Does anyone know anything about these saddles?

Didn't read the first page, so not sure if someone has already posted, but she is doing a clinic here in Wellington to benefit 4-H on Monday Feb 16th.

bigeqrider14 Guest

Katie owns Plain Bay Farm in VA and goes down to WEF through the winter then shows in Kentucky and others thru the year. My friend just bought a nice Equitation horse from her.