The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WNY/Finger Lakes peeps

Scott Wehrmann is doing a one-day demo/clinic at Conrad Country Stables in Corfu next Saturday (the 13th) and a shorter demo/clinic at the Finger Lakes TB Adoption Program in Farmington on Sunday (14th). He is a super-awesome guy, one of the nicest people I've ever met, and an excellent horseman from Nebraska; trained with Ray Hunt and the Dorrances, Buck Brannaman, etc., and raises gorgeous QHs on his cattle ranch I don't want this to turn into an advertisement, just a PSA because I'd like to get the word out for him, so if you'd like info on either clinic or about him in general, please feel free to e-mail or PM me.

Hey Sarah bumping for ya... cool he's doing one at the FLTAP barn....
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Thanks FG--yeah, I want to see that one. I hope he's working with some of the OTTBs, that would be neat to see. (:

If the weather is decent on sunday 14th, I would love to go see him at the FLTAP barn. It's an hour drive for me so I'll have to wait until next week to see the weather forcast.
    R.I.P Vanny 26 yr QH Stallion 4/11/82 - 5/8/08, Scout 28 yr Paint Cross Gelding, Glistening 11 yr Arab/Saddlebred Mare

Just bumping since the clinics are this weekend. (:

I realize this is OT for the thread, but do any of you WNY-ers know somewhere that has affordable real fleece half pads in the area? Stagecoach used to have them (friend bought one last year out of the sale room), but doesn't look like they have them now.
    Thanks!
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

OOOOO! thanks Amastrike! They aren't on their website, so I wondered if they had them instore. Any recollection about price?
    Anybody know if the tack shop in Elma (by the feed store) or THE Tack Shop in Williamsville also exist?
    Thanks for the input all! Let's hope for some decent weather this weekend!
    Dee

I feel like I've seen the Fleeceworks ones at either Stapleys or Bit & Blanket--probably Bit & Blanket. I know Stagecoach definitely has them though. (: If it's too icky to drive there give them a call and they will ship it to you--they did that with my helmet this summer and were really quick about it and did the lowest possible shipping price.

Yeah, Stapley's was crazy picked over--I thought they were just moving downstairs, but I wonder if they're downsizing the horse stuff...

Bumpety-bump...

Quote Originally Posted by DeeThbd View Post
    OOOOO!
    Anybody know if the tack shop in Elma (by the feed store) or THE Tack Shop in Williamsville also exist?
    Thanks for the input all! Let's hope for some decent weather this weekend!
    Dee
    Bit n Blanket in Elma is still there. They have a pretty good selection of stuff.

"The Tack Shop" that used to be at Transit in Main, back in the day, is no longer there. They moved to Clarence briefly then closed for good. I bought my saddle there, my first pair of field boots, my first hunt coat, that place was great.

There's Stapely's further down Transit near Genessee, but as others have said, they seem to be re-organizing and its pretty picked over. Pat's Tack & Western Wear is on Transit as well, around the same area. They have some basic English stuff etc.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

I realize this is OT for the thread, but do any of you WNY-ers know somewhere that has affordable real fleece half pads in the area? Stagecoach used to have them (friend bought one last year out of the sale room), but doesn't look like they have them now.
    Thanks!
    Dee
    Stagecoach has A LOT of stuff in store that is not on the website. I would call.

BTW, Pat's Tack also has a store on Olean Rd. (Rt 16) a few miles past the end of the 400. Not a big selection of english stuff, but there is some. IME thier prices tend to be on the high side, but useful in an emergency.

Christa

PS - I will probably be at Stagecoach either Saturday or Monday and can check if you want.
    (Combining with a trip to Amish country so Sunday is out.)

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    Bit n Blanket in Elma is still there. They have a pretty good selection of stuff.

"The Tack Shop" that used to be at Transit in Main, back in the day, is no longer there. They moved to Clarence briefly then closed for good. I bought my saddle there, my first pair of field boots, my first hunt coat, that place was great.

There's Stapely's further down Transit near Genessee, but as others have said, they seem to be re-organizing and its pretty picked over. Pat's Tack & Western Wear is on Transit as well, around the same area. They have some basic English stuff etc.
    I remember it from at least 15 years ago.....wow, that long?! I got a lovely fleece pad long before they became "THE" thing, but it just isn't "right" under this saddle.
    Tried looking online and they still even list Jansen's as being open!
    Thanks!
    D.

Quote Originally Posted by Christa P View Post
    Stagecoach has A LOT of stuff in store that is not on the website. I would call.

BTW, Pat's Tack also has a store on Olean Rd. (Rt 16) a few miles past the end of the 400. Not a big selection of english stuff, but there is some. IME thier prices tend to be on the high side, but useful in an emergency.

Christa

PS - I will probably be at Stagecoach either Saturday or Monday and can check if you want.
    (Combining with a trip to Amish country so Sunday is out.)
    Thanks Christa! I am beginning to think that I need to go for a road trip SOON!
    Hey....what's the place near Reboy Brothers in Elma called? Are they still there? ETA - Bit N Blanket! FOUND IT!
    Thanks!
    Dee

Thanks!
    Dee
    I checked Bit n' Blanket for you when I was at Reboy today. They have some fleece half-pads, I think she said Fleeceworks.

Christa