The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who else got dumped on? (snow, I'm talking snow)

Holy crap...I just got a rude awakening to the winter! We've got loads of snow out there! My truck got stuck three times in a fifteen minute time span!

There's no way I can drive out tonight to put more blankets on the horse...he's just going to have to bundle into his shelter and feast on hay.

Jesus, that's a lot of freaking snow. Anybody else dealing with it?

We've literally got 6 inches on the ground. Just from the last four hours. They say Bridger got maybe a foot and a half! Craziness. I think the whole town will be going to ski tomorrow at the bowl...I'll be headed the opposite direction to meet the brand inspector. lol That is, if I can get OUT of the alley tomorrow morning.
    True Bearing Equestrian
    St. Helena Island, SC

We got semi dumped on last weekend. It started w/ flurries on Saturday and by Saturday night it was actual snow that was sticking and it didn't stop until late Sunday night. Got about 4-5" and school had a 2 hour delay here on Monday. Some of it melted today, as it got up into the lower 40's, but we're under another advisory for all day tomorrow w/ another 3-6" expected and then blowing on top of that. Grass is still green underneath and I wasn't ready for snow yet.
    A Merrick N Dream Farm
    Proud Member of "Someone Special to me serves in the Military" Clique

It's supposed to snow tonight, but I have my doubts. It did rain earlier today.

We have had NO SNOW yet this winter in Fort Collins, Colorado. It was nearly 70 degrees today. It's December! Definitely very unseasonal weather for us. I actually wouldn't mind some snow at this point :-/

Default no kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post

We have had NO SNOW yet this winter in Fort Collins, Colorado. It was nearly 70 degrees today. It's December! Definitely very unseasonal weather for us. I actually wouldn't mind some snow at this point :-/

That is just weird! No snow at all? Wow. I just kicked up the fire in the wood stove and put on another sweatshirt. Its cold out there! And was too worried about my truck in the alley, so went out in flannel pjs and snow boots and just moved it to the road. Not sure if its going to be any better, but I'll find out tomorrow morning, I guess.

I'm going through Fort Collins on Saturday...where are you? Not that I'm begging a visit-I've got to make time to a certain location, but just curious. If I had time, I might beg a visit! lol
    True Bearing Equestrian
    St. Helena Island, SC

No fair Simkie!!! 70's, I'm jealous!! You can have our snow.
    A Merrick N Dream Farm

Quote Originally Posted by amdfarm View Post
    We got semi dumped on last weekend. It started w/ flurries on Saturday and by Saturday night it was actual snow that was sticking and it didn't stop until late Sunday night. Got about 4-5" and school had a 2 hour delay here on Monday. Some of it melted today, as it got up into the lower 40's, but we're under another advisory for all day tomorrow w/ another 3-6" expected and then blowing on top of that. Grass is still green underneath and I wasn't ready for snow yet.
    Grass is definitely not green here. Of course, its only green like two months out of the year anyway. But still, we've had snow off and on most of the weeks since Oct. I mean, I was down in Jackson on the first of September-had snow.

But apparently its been a pretty dry late fall. It was really warm yesterday, like 48 and sunny. Go figure.
    True Bearing Equestrian
    St. Helena Island, SC

We just gone some and more is coming today!

bad for horses, good for snowboarding. can't decide if i should be happy or sad!

The same here, directly South of you.
    We had a chamber of commerce day here yesterday, shirt sleeves to do work.
    Just lacked about 2 hours of work in the pens, but so windy this morning you can't stand up without hanging on a fence post, so will put that up for later, if it lets up.

The horses were not cranky, so I don't think we have much to worry about with this front.
    When they get grumpy, we can expect a big snow.

I hope all of you there won't get beached in a snowdrift.

No snow here in Mn. yet it was down to 5 above this morning but sunny and no snow in sight.
    Quality doesn\'t cost it pays.

Well, no snow where I'm at in MN (central) but in the Cities, they got dumped again. My brother lives down there and he's been having to walk through snow to get to school these last few mornings. Uggh. Not looking forward to snow.
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos

Meh, it's not too bad in the cities, or at least in the south metro... We only got about 2.5" last night and had about an inch on the ground to start with.

Dad I didn't know you guys got any down there!!!! Keep it we don't have any at all and my brood mares and cows are still grazing sure saves on the hay!!!!
    Quality doesn\'t cost it pays.

County, the north metro got a dusting, and south of the metro got hit the hardest-- I heard 4-6" down around Mankato and Vermillion. I'm tired of winter already.

Send some that snow our way Spirithorse22!! All we get here in Western Washington is rain, rain, rain and did I mention...........more rain. My paddocks look like lakes right now I would take snow any day over this dreary rain that never stops.

Can I say I'm completely JEALOUS! I LOVE the snow, the only problem with living in Virginia is it's windy cold and often times rainy and snowy, so I don't get to really enjoy it any.

Anyone got pictures?
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

We've got a few inches on the ground from Monday.

The roads were pretty bad Monday night/Tues a.m. but nothing the ol' Grand Am can't handle. LOL
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by VAHorseGurl View Post
    Can I say I'm completely JEALOUS! I LOVE the snow, the only problem with living in Virginia is it's windy cold and often times rainy and snowy, so I don't get to really enjoy it any.

Anyone got pictures?

Are you on facebook? Well, it'd probably be easier to just post a link to webshots and upload a couple there.

Here's a pic of the snow behind me truck-stopping me from pulling out from work. Thanks to wind and the helpful snow plow person. lol
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99709404dRLLis

But the snow on the mountains...my friends are going to be happy, happy skiers today.
    True Bearing Equestrian
    St. Helena Island, SC

We're finally getting some snow! We've had just enough to make the rooftops white, and it's still snowing lightly. It's about time!

My son is outside sledding as I type. Another 2 1/2-3" today and it stopped around noon and moved south and east. The horses don't seem to care one way or another. Had hay delivered yesterday so they're pretty happy munching away on their 24/7 buffet.
    A Merrick N Dream Farm

You got your wish today

I'm kind of excited about the little dusting we're getting right now. I thought I was crazy wearing short sleeves to class yesterday and then today I got to pull out the scarves and hat. Supposed to snow more tonight...maybe a few inches of accumulation. We needed it.