The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

Default Any Caro lovers out there???

There's a gray stallion coming up for sale in Illinois with good sport horse lines, his name is Company Approval: http://www.pedigreequery.com/company+approval .

The thread is on Off Course--links to pics there: http://chronicleforums.com/Forum/sho...d.php?t=178956 .
    "Good gardening is very simple, really. You just have to learn to think like a plant." ~Barbara Damrosch~

There are many With Approval horses showing on the A circuit here in Ontario that are really successful.

He's a nice looking horse too. A saw a lovely With Approval mare go through the auction here in NY last month. I'd have loved to get her. She brought $6k. She was in foal to a good NY stallion, but what a sport mare she'd have made.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

There is a broodmare for sale named Carrot by Western Playboy. http://www.pedigreequery.com/carrot+top3 She's interesting because she is doubled on Sicambre--Tail Male, and the second dam's sire is Little Current who was by Sea-Bird, who is also descended from Sicambre. Exceptionally fine sport horse lines, and all the Little Currents that I've seen have been lovely. She has many other good sporthorse lines, too, like Thatch and Le Haar and My Babu and Turn-To. And there are several of her foals in the sale as well, and they look very nice to me. All are by Company Approval, I think.

Sicambre was the sire of Sacramento Song, a TB sire in Hannoverian and other WB stud books. Thatch was the sire of Prince Thatch, also WB approved in Germany.

The people in Illinois are trying to set up a rescue operation for these horses. Information is in the Off Course thread. And in the Illinois Dispersal thread here.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Dec. 3, 2008 at 11:57 PM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I really like Caro - love With Approval - that stallion looks pretty nice.. I hope he finds a nice home.

I have a Caro grandson. He has a great attitude, and jumps like a bird!

Ok, someone needs to pick up Radiant Angel. She's in foal to Company Approval, and this is the foal she will have in the spring.

My powerball ticket hasn't come through yet, and I need to live through someone else as I really CAN'T take even one of these horses.
    -Jessica

I have a Caro tbred mare. LOVE her. Ive had her for 15yrs now. She is very athletic, loves to jump, has attitude(in a good way)

Does anyone know -- did the stallion sell? He is gorgeous.

PA, where the State motto is: "If it makes sense, we don't do it!".

I read on that thread on the other COTH forum that he is going to a breeder in Canada and will be siring more offspring!

What a lovely guy he is....
    "Good gardening is very simple, really. You just have to learn to think like a plant." ~Barbara Damrosch~

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

On another Caro note--
    The stallion Running Stag whom I have been following for years has just been sold to Korea. This is a great loss because he had the potential to be a wonderful sport horse stallion.

If anyone runs into any of his get as racetrack leftovers, they would be well worth a shot for sport.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

PlainBay Guest

Cozzene, who recently passed away, has the same sire (Caro) as Company Approval. My mare's is grandsire is Cozzene. If I'm not mistaken, Cozzene stood at Gainesway Farm.

My friend stands a Caro greatgrandson, and he's just phenomenal... http://www.pedigreequery.com/alexcar

I know Foolish Pleasure is a great sire of H/Js, I don't know much about his other bloodlines... we were just talking about them the other day, and whether they have value in the sport horse world, as she is considering gelding him in a few years and selling him as a riding horse. He has a bit of a stifle problem, so he's not 100% sound enough for higher level competition, which we both feel is important for a stallion to complete... but he has fabulous gaits all around and is reportedly very brave and loves to jump!

He's put 3 *really* nice foals on the ground for her, two (oldest is rising 2) out of a Ben Faerie G'daughter, and one out of her daughter by Catherston Dazzler. Boy, oh boy can they move!!

I would appreciate any information on his bloodlines. Maybe if she does geld him I'll be in a place where I can take him. He's a great big teddy bear to top it all off.

just realised the 'other' thread is the link at the top of this page, lol. I feel a bit sheepish ~BAA-aa

Cozzene is/was a Nasrullah line stallion through a stallion called Grey Sovereign, whose line includes Caro & In Excess, in this country - Grey Sovereign's offspring are more plentiful in Europe.

I mention because I think Grey Sovereign is possibly the root of the sporthorse connection - our stallion Sir Juli Go [he was on the thread about iron horse stallions because he had 135 starts & came off the track sound enough to learn to jump, too] also goes back to Grey Sovereign, but not through Caro.

So if you look through pedigrees as you look at sporthorse prospects, watch a few generations back for Grey Sovereign.

:: bump :: I'd be very interested in any thoughts about this stallion's pedigree... she's now considering leasing him out now, and we're both very curious: http://www.pedigreequery.com/alexcar

I have a Mecke mare, and she's lovely. Unfortunately she suffered a fractured sesamoid at the track and won't be a saddle horse, but she's nicely put together, and a pretty mover (the ankle hasn't fused quite yet)...

That coupled with Caro would have me excited for sure!

If he's producing nice babies, I would seriously consider him.
    -Jessica