The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by 7HL View Post
    If a product is overpriced why then would people buy?
    That is the question of the millennium. People are forever buying junk and paying waayyy more than its worth. (look at all the people paying more for an non health checked, no guarantee byb poodle crosses than they would for a champion dog!!) BUT like anything, things are priced on what the market will bear.. not what things are worth. If the market wises up.. then people can resell or profit on their investments.

I have no beef with Parelli.. but I do think this is an outright money grab. Fleecing your supporters is tacky in the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven View Post
    That is the question of the millennium. People are forever buying junk and paying waayyy more than its worth. (look at all the people paying more for an non health checked, no guarantee byb poodle crosses than they would for a champion dog!!) BUT like anything, things are priced on what the market will bear.. not what things are worth. If the market wises up.. then people can resell or profit on their investments.

I have no beef with Parelli.. but I do think this is an outright money grab. Fleecing your supporters is tacky in the extreme.
    There is no fleecing going on. There will always be someone that feels the need to have everything. From people that pay way to much for a horse to people that buy every piece of tack imaginable. Some people feel that the more they pay the better it is.

We own some of the products Parelli sells. All are quality items and in some cases we have had them for a long time. No one ever told me I had to buy something or needed something.

Sometimes people just read what is actually said or presented when it's not there. As an example the $100,000 dollars mentioned in the "Apprentice Program". It's for two years at the top level you can go in the program. Not everyone is expected to even enter the program let alone even go that high. It is for a very few.

The other thing is there seems to be some jealousy in many of the posts, that someone can make a living doing what they are good at and enjoys. It is a business that employs between 50 & 100 people. No one is twisting anyone's arm to follow the program.
    "Have a Coke and a Smile"

east central Illinois and working north to the 'burbs

Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    Lawyers are never overpriced my friend.
    I suppose that depends on whether they client is found not guilty and/or receives a substantial monetary reward or not.

By the way Leah, it has been so cold here in Illinois that the lawyers have their hands in their own pockets.......

Quote Originally Posted by PiaffeDreams View Post
    And when Honza left he got jerked around trying to buy back Gaston and a good many of us donated money for him to get his other horses (minus the one that died in Florida) back home with him to Czech.

Wow ! I did not know this. I met Honza in FL, I think it was just a few months before he left. I assumed he owned Gaston outright. How sad that they '' jeked him around ''. But unfortunately not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by hoofrx1 View Post
    I suppose that depends on whether they client is found not guilty and/or receives a substantial monetary reward or not.

By the way Leah, it has been so cold here in Illinois that the lawyers have their hands in their own pockets.......
    OK you win-I actually chuckled on that one

Quote Originally Posted by hoofrx1 View Post
    Ooo now that was a good one

dang it really was wasn't it.