The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I am afraid those of us that are not members can not read it so either elaborate and share the details or pm each other!
    /Don't Judge...
    1 in 100 children, 1 in 94 boys and 1 in 88 military children...
    It’s time to listen.
    Every day!/

But I definitely agree with the eye of everyone that has posted here! I also really liked #14 and #16!! I don't know who they sold to, but if I remember correctly #14 sold for about $800 (I could be wrong---I am VERY tired and dilusional) so that one should be safe!

I hope so! I couldn't take another one right now, but I hope that whoever got #14 enjoys her
    "Farriers are the hairdressers of the horse world. They know everything about everybody..."-Lildunhorse

Willie76 Guest

There were no actual "meat men" at the sale, however there were several traders present who did not walk away with horses. Gail, the person in charge of the rescue, did bid on several horses for private bidders, however, the "rescue" organization also bid against several private bidders, thus raising the prices on horses that would have had good homes for even cheaper.

And to the comment about the "ominous looking semi-trailers."....

One of those ominous looking semi trailers was nice enough to haul our horses home for us, even though it was out of his way.

Number 1 and Number 11 came home to our barn. Both are level headed, fancy movers, smart, and are going to make excellent horses.

what happened at the sale ? did anyone rescue any of the horses ?

Default Information about Auctioned horses Mt Vernon

I used to work for the owners of this farm and I know these horses very well. I was able to rescue Radiant Angel from this sale and I have privately purchased three other horses from this owner because he was going to send them to the meat men. If anyone wants any additional information about horses that they have purchased from this sale, I would be happy to fill them in.

Kind Regards,
    Chris

JeninMo Guest

I was at that sale, and yes there were Killers there. One was standing next to me, he lives near me in Jonesbug,MO very near where I live. His last name is Booker. The other one was an old man with a Chicago Cubs hat on. His last name is Marcer. He is from Potosi, Mo. Booker was standing next to us and bidding on horses, so we just stood there and bid the horses up until he stopped. Some our rescue ended up buying, the others we let go to private buyers. Thats all those 2 guys do and they will lie to you and tell you otherwise. We dealt with them at Fairmount Park. By the way Company Approval is on his way to Canada to a sport horse breeder, and will still be breeding mares. He really stamps his foals, and thankfully will not be gelded

Quote Originally Posted by drewsbadboy View Post
    I used to work for the owners of this farm and I know these horses very well. I was able to rescue Radiant Angel from this sale and I have privately purchased three other horses from this owner because he was going to send them to the meat men. If anyone wants any additional information about horses that they have purchased from this sale, I would be happy to fill them in.

Kind Regards,
    Chris
    Oh Radiant Angel was the one I would've snapped up in a second! I was wondering if she'd found a safe home

Thank you for stepping forward to offer extra information on the horses - that is so helpful to new owners!
    -Jessica

Default Mt Vernon horses

Hi everyone. This is just to let you guys know I have several photos of many of the horses bought from the Mt. Vernon sale. Many are baby pictures when the horses were young. I would be happy to email or send any photos for you new owners of the rescued horses. (In case anyone is interested)

Kindest Regards and Warm Wishes,
    Christine

Default Sorry, but one more thing

FYI for everyone, I know the owners of this farm well enough to know that there were killer buyers at the sale and these people have no problem sending wonderful horses to the killers. I have no doubt whatsoever that those animals were highly at risk and that the organization that purchased them did save their lives. Hopefully this clears up any confusion or doubt that some people may have had.

Kindest Regards,
    Chris

Kind Regards,
    Chris
    I have just caught up on this thread. I think I recognize the mare Sooner Defence (#41)...was she sent to a farm in Southern Indiana (probably along with several other mares) to foal out about three years ago? I am almost positive that she was the mare my DH and I found down, trying to foal out twins (full term). We luckily happened to be there (I also boarded my mare at the farm), no one else was around, and called the vet. One of the twins lived, but she was in very bad shape and he was given away as an orphan at three days old. I knew she recovered, but they didn't think she would be able to carry a foal again...if this is her, I am glad that she made it and someone rescued her from this sale. Do you know by any chance if this is the same mare? I always think of her during foaling season...

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Caitlin,

This is in fact the same mare. She was given a few years off and that year (2007) the vet ok'd her for breeding. She caught on her second cover. Wow, what a small world. It was great that you were there to help her and get the vet. I know she was grateful to have someone looking out for her. Her foal last year was a really nice little guy. He was born on 4-15-08. I know the catalog for the sale indicated that her foal is a filly, but it is not. She had a colt (I know because I did all the registration paperwork and was with the state inspector when he was inspected). I enjoyed hearing from you.
    Kindest Regards and best wishes,
    Christine

Caitlin,

This is in fact the same mare. She was given a few years off and that year (2007) the vet ok'd her for breeding. She caught on her second cover. Wow, what a small world. It was great that you were there to help her and get the vet. I know she was grateful to have someone looking out for her. Her foal last year was a really nice little guy. He was born on 4-15-08. I know the catalog for the sale indicated that her foal is a filly, but it is not. She had a colt (I know because I did all the registration paperwork and was with the state inspector when he was inspected). I enjoyed hearing from you.
    Kindest Regards and best wishes,
    Christine
    I am so glad she recovered and that she got rescued from this sale. I think that seeing her down with not two but four legs coming out of her was the scariest moment I've ever had with a horse. And then the nerves in her back legs were pinched during the delivery and she was down for days. Her little colt was really sweet; the last I heard the vet found him a home with some people that did a lot of work with orphans and were glad to have him.

Is she still at one of the rescues?

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Kind Regards,
    Chris
    Hi Chris - I bought Company One (#12) from the sale - she is a lovely filly. Any info. to share on her?

Quote Originally Posted by JeninMo View Post
    By the way Company Approval is on his way to Canada to a sport horse breeder, and will still be breeding mares. He really stamps his foals, and thankfully will not be gelded
    Anyone know where he went, as in specifics? He is one of the best looking TB stallions I've ever seen.

You may be able to find out through the IL Rescue - www.ilehc.org....