The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Frustrating part: A county rep in another state (who I didn't realize was a rep at first) was advertising on her site that she had lots of demos for sale. Her email address was a private one, not with "county" in it. I contacted her, and she said she had both a 17.5 and an 18 available, and that she was happy to send them to me for trial. Then, when she asked where I lived and I told her, she refused to work with me further and told me I had to go through my own rep. My own rep (a super person) has been looking for me as well, and knows I've been trolling the internet and contacting tack shops and saddle fitters all over the country. I tried to explain this to the other person, but no go--even though I'd cc'd my rep on the email(s).

It left a really bad taste in my mouth. I've heard a lot about County having poor customer service, but since my own rep has been so great, I didn't think too much about it. Now I wonder. Since I've had such a great experience with Trumbull Mtn, and the BC saddles seem so similar, maybe I'll be better off going with BC.
    I don't think the reps are allowed to step on each other's toes with regards to the different territories, so I wouldn't take that out on them. I had a great experience with them and haven't heard anything bad as far as customer service from anyone else. Good luck whatever you choose!

thanks! Yes, I figured that, which is why I cc'd my own rep on the email and had talked to her about it before I started trolling the web. Funny thing is that they will work together to get somebody outfitted, it was just this one rep that must have gotten all territorial. At any rate, my own rep is awesome and
    knock wood, I've just found a saddle that I want.

There has been some stuff posted about the customer service that has been negative, but I have had nothing but good experiences aside from this one incident. Plus, the saddles are awesome....