The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up Any Black Friday tack sales?

Howdy
    Anyone know of any good sales? I know the Surrey tack store in Potomac, MD has 20% off most things in the store. Anyone else?
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

VTO Saddlery is having a Black Friday sale..........http://www.vtosaddlery.com/
    Old age is no place for sissies.
    Bette Davis

Bit of Britain & Tack of the Day 20% Code!
    20% off tomorrow on their websites (and HorseFroogle, too!)

Visit any of the Bit of Britain Family of Websites
    for 20% off your entire order

Enter Promo Code: BKFRI08
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Bit of heaven, PA and the "new" store:

Visit us this weekend
    with your 20 percent off coupons!
    Don't have your coupons? Don't worry,
    we have a supply waiting for you in the store.
    "Dressage" is just a fancy word for flatwork

The Tack Box in Middleburg, VA is having a 25% all-Ariat products sale.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

Tropical Riders all weekend!! Get yourself some deerskin full seat top notch breeches. I bought several so I can keep two just for showing! They are scrumptious!

www.tropicalriders.com

Does VTO do a sale the day after Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by hearthorse View Post
    Does VTO do a sale the day after Christmas?
    Yes!

Does anyone know if the Saddlery in Great Falls, VA is having a sale on Friday?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by easyklc View Post
    Tropical Riders all weekend!! Get yourself some deerskin full seat top notch breeches. I bought several so I can keep two just for showing! They are scrumptious!

www.tropicalriders.com
    What is the deal at tropical riders. Not seeing any mention of it on their website?
    Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

As for Tropical Riders- on the Sunday (11-30) after Thanksgiving I bought, online, a pair of winter riding breeches from Tropical Riders. After reading here about quick service I was surprised when mine had not arrived after 10 days and rang the company. On that day my order was being worked on and "in just a few more days the breeches will ship". They arrived on Dec 19, right at three weeks after placing the order.

So, if your looking for something fast double check that the item is in stock, otherwise it may take a little while since it is a small company. The company did not communicate with me the delay which is one area they could improve on IMO. My credit card was charged for the product 3 days after I placed the order leading me to think things were moving forward.

The breeches themselves are very nice and I'm pleased with them and would not hesitate to purchase another product if time allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    Bit of Britain & Tack of the Day 20% Code!
    20% off tomorrow on their websites (and HorseFroogle, too!)

Visit any of the Bit of Britain Family of Websites
    for 20% off your entire order

Enter Promo Code: BKFRI08
    This promo code is not working, says it expired Dec. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    This promo code is not working, says it expired Dec. 1.
    If you look at the date of that post- the BOB code was for Black Friday- not the day after Christmas. I haven't seen anything about a new code anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    As for Tropical Riders- on the Sunday (11-30) after Thanksgiving I bought, online, a pair of winter riding breeches from Tropical Riders. After reading here about quick service I was surprised when mine had not arrived after 10 days and rang the company. On that day my order was being worked on and "in just a few more days the breeches will ship". They arrived on Dec 19, right at three weeks after placing the order.

So, if your looking for something fast double check that the item is in stock, otherwise it may take a little while since it is a small company. The company did not communicate with me the delay which is one area they could improve on IMO. My credit card was charged for the product 3 days after I placed the order leading me to think things were moving forward.

The breeches themselves are very nice and I'm pleased with them and would not hesitate to purchase another product if time allowed.

Same experience with Tropical riders. Ordered on black friday and they arrivied 3-4 weeks later. Way too long items that, from the website, appeared to be in stock. When I contacted customer service, they didn't seem apologetic and implied it was somehow MY fault for ordering breeches that they didn't have in stock and had to make. How was I supposed to know? The website showed them in stock?!

LOVED the breeches once I got them, but wasn't thrilled with the delay or customer service. I was going to buy a few pairs of the pricey winter breeches but decided against because I just was overall not-thrilled with the way things were handled.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I'm heading off to the Tack Box now! I wish the Surrey had what I want (Fleeceworks) because the Surrey is 5 minutes away!

Just got back from the Tack Box and it was TOTALLY worth driving past the Surrey (sorry, Surrey, I love you but NO FLEECEWORKS!). 30% off of a Fleeceworks half pad...I got it for $68! That is a STEAL! Also bought some splurgy type stuff, but still got out for under the original price of the pad!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbritches View Post
    Just got back from the Tack Box and it was TOTALLY worth driving past the Surrey (sorry, Surrey, I love you but NO FLEECEWORKS!). 30% off of a Fleeceworks half pad...I got it for $68! That is a STEAL! Also bought some splurgy type stuff, but still got out for under the original price of the pad!
    Yeah, I drove past Dover to go to Middleburg and popped into the Tack Box. Ariats were 30%, as was much of everything in stock!

I finally got a new pair of paddock boots.(and bell boots and a book) I need to note this sale down in my calendar for next year. There were so many people there!

Quote Originally Posted by ToolTime View Post
    Yeah, I drove past Dover to go to Middleburg and popped into the Tack Box. Ariats were 30%, as was much of everything in stock!

I finally got a new pair of paddock boots.(and bell boots and a book) I need to note this sale down in my calendar for next year. There were so many people there!
    I've actually been to it before (last year, I think). I'd actually forgotten about it until I got an email from them earlier in the week. If you sign up to get on their email list, they'll send reminders about sales, and their sales are usually quite good. I went upstairs at one point and saw stuff marked down 80% (must have been clearance and/or consignment, but it was nice stuff!).

PS- I think it goes until the 31st, for those interested.

Default Michigan peeps...

Sporthorse Saddlery in Milford, MI, 40% off everything in the store. Had a barn field trip there yesterday - today we're all riding in our new stuff! Fun! Sale's on until Dec. 30.
    "Imma snap youuuu! - with a shout out to Wildlifer