The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TRANSPORT NEEDED to MD for - Unique "Charlie Chaplin" looking feline in VA

Good news! I found a really great home for "Ms. Hitler." The hard part will be getting her there. New home located in Freeland, MD and I'm in Culpeper, VA. I can travel to about the Arundel Mills, MD area which is about 3 hours away. Can anyone help me get her closer to Freeland, MD (near the PA border) on a weekend? Please?!

Heather
    heatheradair1 (at) hotmail.com

Ok, so we also call her "Ms. Hitler" sometimes too. At any rate, "Chaplain" is a unique looking black and white shorthaired female feline (with requisite "mustache) looking for a home. Already spayed and up to date on everything. Perfect with the litter box. She's just never going to be a lap cat. Would be AWESOME as a companion to another lonely feline.

Started out life as a semi-feral (owners just abandoned her mom and brother outside when they moved so she didn't have human contact until she was older). Soooo, she just wouldn't be suitable for someone who wants something cute AND cuddly as she much prefers to keep to herself and not have humans trying to pet her (she's not the least bit mean - just shy).

Anyhow, she's adorable and perfect for someone who wants an indoor companion only type kitty (and she's quick on the snack opportunity if a stray mouse dares attempt entrance to the house) or for someone who has a barn she can stay warm in (she's small boned w/ short hair so needs some decent protection). Located in Central VA (Culpeper). Send me a note if you are interested! Can possibly work out travel. Photos readily available!
    Last edited by dressageandtrailrider; Dec. 17, 2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Home found. Now need help getting her TO her new home!

Posting a photo for dressageandtrailrider. This one's a cutie!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaplin21254.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	23178  

Ha! It's a Kitler!

aww shes adorable!!
    we are trying to find a new barn cat, so if she could some how get to baltimore we could take her!! she would have a nice warm heated tackroom to sleep in and the run of the farm and all the mice she can eat!!
    Send me a PM if it is possible
    Thanks

Shameless bump for help with transportation to Freeland (or close to it!), MD.

Hmm... I might be able to do it. I'm only about 15 minutes from Arundel Mills. What weekend were you thinking? I'm going out of town for the holidays early next week so this weekend is going to be pretty busy, but I might be able to squeeze it in.

Awesome! Was thinking this Saturday earlyish afternoon if that works at all. I'm traveling to FL to visit family the day after Christmas and would love to get her in her new home before I leave. Know the timing is a bit tough and any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I have a potential adopter who is coming to meet Rosie (yay!) Saturday afternoon sometime. Is it possible the person in Freeland could come pick Miss Chaplin up down here? I'd be happy to get her from you at Arundel Mills and just hold her at my house, but I'm not sure I could make the drive on Saturday. It looks to be less than an hour from Freeland to my house (I'm near the inner harbor).

Hi, I'm the person from freeland for Mss Chaplin! It sounds great, just trying to figure out some details for my mom! Erin, we would love to pick her up from you on saturday but have a christmas party later in the day, my mom wants to know where your house is. Just PM me It usually takes us about 45 minutes to get down there, traffic permitting
    Thanks so much!!!!!

OK, my schedule on Saturday might actually have freed up a bit, because an adopter I like better is interested in Rosie, so I might give the Saturday person the heave-ho.

fxhillfarm, I'll PM you shortly. If Saturday is too chaotic, I could probably hold her here until Sunday, but with luck maybe we can get Saturday to work out.

LOL She is too precious!! Good luck.
    Ms Robin
    Farm Websites & SEO, Low Prices, Barter available!
    ~No Horses to Slaughter clique~

Default Home for Christmas

Yay! Sounds like this might work!!! I would be thrilled if she had a home for Christmas. Erin, could you send me (email or PM) your phone number so we can work out a time/exact place for Saturday? Thank you so much for helping to coordinate this!!!

And Foxhill thank YOU so much for giving her a home! I'll send along a wire crate and she'll be in a carrier of course. Do you need food/water bowls? I have extras if so. Will also send along extra food as well.

Yay we are so excited!!

We have plenty of bowls and we will have to go get her some of her own cat food because our house cats are on a special diet kind haha
    Send along some of yours and we can go get the same brand!

Erin what time is good for you for us to come pick her up Saturday? We are available around 2pm if that is ok with you?

Thank you all very much!

If you're able to pick her up at my house, I can do just about anytime on Saturday. I might have a potential adopter here, but I can multitask and make sure the kitties all get to the right owners.

dressageandtrailrider, I'll PM you shortly.