The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

pshetron Guest

Default Special home for a special rescue

Finger lakes Thoroughbred Adoption [fingerlakestap.org] is looking for a special person to care for or adopt a truly rescued TBmare. Her name is She's R Gold Mine. She raced at Finger Lakes in western NY a few years back. She fell into terrible hands for a couple years. We found her and several others starving in Sodus, NY. The woman that had these TBs and several other breeds has been arrested for animal cruelty. This horse only weighed 878 pounds on a 16h+ frame when we got her. She had terrible absesses in both front feet. She has put on over 100 pounds in 7 weeks and now has a new set of glue on shoes{Cornell} She's a new woman!!I have her at the track recuperating from her ordeal. She now needs to be placed in a special home . The prognosis is favorable for her feet{some rotation} and may do some light riding some day.This mare is as sweet as they come.Only a special person need apply for this horse.She deserves the best after what she endured.
    Contact me, Phyllis Shetron at 585-317-8892 .I am the treasurer of Finger Lakes Thoroughbred Adoption Program. {fingerlakestap.org} We can help with shipping as well.

Bumpity Bump! I've seen this girl. She is so in need of love, care and attention. Let's hope that she finds the perfect home.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

I am sure that this girl will bring inspiration and peace to whomever might adopt her.

Bumping up for this lovely lady. I've met her and she's very sweet!