The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default This year I'm thankful for...

A little early, but we're leaving for Ohio for Thanksgiving tomorrow. Maybe we could keep this going for the week. I'm thankful for a hubby who encourages my riding, doesn't complain about the riding expenses, and who has his health back. I'm also thankful that my sister is doing well, after several surgeries and chemos for ovarian cancer is doing well, that the horsie I ride takes great care of me, sometimes more than necesssary, usually my fault, that I have a great trainer who understands that as a re-rider that sometimes I have an uh-oh moment when jumping. She only says to do it again. I'm thankful that I have fun riding and being around great friends and family.
    Life is great when you can hug a horse.

I'm very thankful that business here is good, so I can continue to support both horses, three dogs, and 2 cats.

After the year that I have had I am thankful for my health and my family. I am thankful that I have a husband who lets my daughter explore her passion for showing and that he does it with us. He gave up golfing to spend time with us on the weekend. I am soooo thankful that gas prices came down!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful that I have a good family, stellar husband, fulfilling job, and my own little peace of heaven on earth. I'm thankful that all of my animals are healthy (at the moment). I can't think of anything I'm NOT thankful for at the moment. Life is Good.
    Cindy

Hey, good thread.

I am most thankful for my daughter, who is always a bright light in my life. She's just two, and only a few minutes ago asked me when I was getting her a helmet so she could ride my horse!

Of course for Mr FG, who is ever loyal and supportive of my choices, even the crazy horsey ones! ("Sure honey, I can drive you halfway down the east coast to see a horse...")

Though I still miss Dan so much it hurts to breathe sometimes, I am thankful I had those months with him. He was, well, amazing. It is an experience I'll never forget. And I will forever be grateful to EqT for sharing him with me.

And last but not least I'm thankful for Windsor, who in a round-about way forced me into continuing the horse thing, and who taught me the importance of resiliency!

Happy Turkey Day to all....
    Last edited by FlashGordon; Nov. 23, 2008 at 09:09 PM.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

I'm thankful that I have a good job with a company that's still thriving and amongst co-workers I really like, and gave me a nice bonus and raise this year! I'm grateful for a great hubby that's also in the military but currently on shore duty -- the job security of a spouse in the military is always nice, but one that's also home every night for dinner? That's rare! We're enjoying it while it lasts. I'm grateful for two kind-hearted, talented horses that I can afford to give top quality grain, hay, cozy blankets, and a well-bedded stall each night. I'm grateful for two dogs that keep me laughing, and that we have enough money to live comfortably and still afford extras every now and then. I'm grateful that everyone in my family is healthy and doing well at the moment. Often when I'm walking from the barn to the house at night, I think how very lucky I am -- not only because I feel like my life has all the elements I always dreamed of, but because I have it amongst a down economy and while other equally-deserving people don't. So I guess this year, I am grateful that I am in a position to help others that haven't had as much luck this year.
    Gentleman J - "Junior" - My been-there, done-that jumper

Send Your Love - "Serena" - Aug 10th 2009, Rest in Peace

I am thankful for the best horsey husband ever, that my darling horse is finally looking sound and is in overall good health, and for my family who always support whatever I do.

I'm thankful that my horses are healthy, and that they enjoy their jobs. I love my OTTBs!
    ~Waiting to Be Spotted~ ~Jet Lag~
    ~Willie Cruise~
    Hot Tea

I'm thankful for my health, for my healthy kids, for my friends and family.

Thankful, too, for my three beautiful and opinionated horses, and for the way it makes me feel every single time I look out the window and see them happily snoozing in the sun in my back paddock. Horses and horsey friends have seen me through some very dark times, saved my sanity, and given me a reason to get up in the morning more mornings than I care to remember.

And yes, I'm really grateful that the price of diesel has gone down considerably. Wish the same could be said for hay and shavings!

I'm thankful that my family and I are all healthy.

I'm thankful that hubby and I both have relatively secure jobs.

I'm thankful we get to raise our family on this beautiful farm in this great house, with all of our animals.

I'm thankful the Lord has been so good to us, and that we can recognize that our life has much more good than bad in it.

I'm thankful I've been alive another day.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who dreams of a farm just as much as I do and has a great job that makes so many awesome things happen!

I am thankful for my very opinionated mare who encourages me every day to ride better for her and that just spending time with her brings great joy to my life!

I am thankful for my friends and family and that we are all healthy and happy!

I am thankful to be riding this year after a 22-year absence.

I am thankful that (for the most part) it's pretty much coming back to me.

I am thankful that I'm still pretty brave on a horse and seem to more or less have good instincts.

I am thankful to have a job that gives me an income to be able to afford riding in my life.

I am thankful to live in a place where there are a lot of riding and horse options, very close by.

I am hoping to be able to stay on this path for the coming year and beyond. Hopefully having my own horse someday.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

I'm thankful for my free horse (thanks to our vet, who wanted him to have a good home ). Who knew the perfect horse for a fairly timid rider like me would be a 5 y.o. OTTB. Like, straight from the track OTTB.

I'm thankful that my granddad didn't feel like paying taxes on one of his farm vehicles and sold me his 2001 pickup with 50,000 miles on it for $1.

I'm thankful that I like my job and the people I work with. I complain a lot but I really do like it, I swear!

ETA: I'm thankful that I work in Chester County. I know it gets a bad rep on here sometimes but it's a great place for horsey activities.

I'm thankful that the family is all together under the same roof now, all the moving is done and now we have loads of projects.
    I am thankful for my job, even though it exhausts me.
    I am thankful that I was able to find a barn close by and even though I may always be the wannabe I am still taking lessons and having fun learning a new discipline.
    I'm just thankful.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

I'm thankful for my two wonderful children, 17 years old and really good kids and my husbalnd who has put up with me for 19 years...and counting.....

I'm thankful for our health.

I'm thankful my husband still has a job in this economy.

I'm thankful for this BB. There are so many wonderful, intelligent horse people here - and cause I get to be a part of an awesome card swap and Rescue Secret Santa project

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
    ** I LOVE PUIKA & SHELLA FAN CLUB*** member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Good job R&G!
    You may now add Horsesaver Extraordinaire to your resume

Right now, I'm thankful that 2008 is almost over. Its been a hellish year.

I'm also thankful that it appears my FIL's surgery was successful and the cancer was removed.

I'm thankful that if my mom has to have a horrid disease, that she can be strong and have an inspiring attitude.

I'm thankful we evacuated with all of our animals and no lives were lost. I'm also thankful that we have something to rebuild/fix (instead of being completely wiped out).

I'm thankful for my husband and his support.

I'm thankful for my fellow rescuers.

I'm thankful for all of my critters.

I'm thankful all but one of my horses has moved back home.
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirljenn View Post
    Right now, I'm thankful that 2008 is almost over. Its been a hellish year.
    Agree with this one 100%.

But, beyond that, I am grateful for so many things. My firm just had several layoffs a couple of weeks ago and I am thankful that I still have a job. Actually, I work two jobs right now, and I am thankful for both of them.

I am thankful that although my best friend's dad died in August, I had seven years of him being MY dad, too. My own father and I weren't always close, and when my parents died, my friend's mom and dad took me in as their own kid and always treated me as such. He was such a good and decent person, and although he wasn't perfect, he helped to set a great example for what men are supposed to be and how they should treat their families.

I'm thankful for friends and family who love me and I'm thankful for the old friends I've been able to get back in touch with after several years.

I'm thankful for my health and for the health of my horses and my cat.

I'm thankful to have a car and a roof over my head.

I'm thankful for boarding at a wonderful barn with great people who take exceptional care of my horses.

I'm thankful for the vets who did such a great job in treating my horse when she was injured a year ago Thanksgiving weekend, and I'm so thankful that she didn't lose her eye and has recuperated.

I'm thankful to be able to participate in a sport that I love.

And I'm thankful for the new horse friends I've met this year through this bulletin board and otherwise.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

I can hardly count them!

I'm thankful for my husband who tolerates my expensive horse habit.
    I'm thankful for my two wonderful horses, who give me so much love every day.
    I'm thankful for the friends at the barn who look after my horses when I'm not there.
    I'm thankful for the barn management and employees who make it such a nice place to be.
    I'm incredibly thankful for my trainer, even when he yells at me
    I am thankful in advance for HP who is going to build my new computer REALLY FAST, RIGHT? RIGHT?
    I am sure I left tons of things off.

I'm thankful that this year passed quickly. It's been a rough one for us, with my brother's passing last December. I'm thankful for the horses, dogs and even the barn cats -- who give us a reason to smile each day. I'm thankful that our riding horses have been rideable and that all of our crew has been healthy and happy. I'm thankful for my husband, who is my best friend, fellow rider, and makes me laugh every day because he's such a big softy (and pushover) when it comes to all the animals -- even the mice in the feed room.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucious
    <>< I.I.

I am thankful for a wonderful hubby who bought a farm out in the country so my precious 24 year old OTTB that I have had 16 years could have a place to retire and live out his days, and indulges me and my dog rescuing ways ( we now have 5--4 of which are rescues).

I am thankful that the above 24 year old man is fat and healthy.

I am thankful that my 4 year old TB is training well, and is sitting on a win to help pay some of the bills and maybe buy some hay for the long, hard winter we are predicted to have.

I am thankful that my kitty Nalla is at peace now, after having been sick for so long, and I can look out my front window under the tree and know she is looking in the house at us, letting us know she is happy and pain free.

I am thankful to have a good job at the horsepital which offers good benefits and a generous discount on vet care for my animals.

Mostly I am thankful that my family is healthy and comes out to visit me every year during Rolex.
    Last edited by pinkdiamondracing; Nov. 26, 2008 at 02:51 PM.
    The only difference between a runaway and a fast gallop is nothing but a SMILE
    Most horses cross the Rainbow Bridge, but TEDDY JUMPED IT!!!
    Member of the COTH Enabler Clique