The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Lauriche

I have a lauriche saddle that I would like to sell. I do not have the horse anymore that it was made for. Its a very comfortable saddle.

Unhappy

I'm ashamed to say I don't love mine. I wish I did. I'm not sure what it is that bothers me...I feel like my upper thigh wants to grip and I constantly have to unstick it my legs from my hip/thigh, shake em out, and keep going. Could be the super wide barrel wb under me too hahaha

I guess it just feels bulky/wide under my seat/upper thigh under leg all the way to my knee--I have no idea if that means the twist is too big for me?

My trainer said it fits my wb horse and I like it was custom made for us, so I guess I'll keep it and hope I grow to like it more. I'm often bothered by buckles under skirts of saddles and saddles that feel wide though. I know lots of people that love these saddles though.

Smile Larry Large, Virginia based

Talk to Larry. He can adjust the seat to fit you. That is why the Laurische is worth it. There is so much that he can do to fine tune the fit for both of you.

I have 2 that he fitted/measured 2 years ago. One of my horses, a big oldenburg, broke his neck falling on the ice about 2 months after his saddle arrived. When I got a new little hanoverian mare, he was able to adjust it to shorten the length and shape to fit her back. He has taken out knee rolls for me and fine tuned the balance and shape of the seat as I needed a narrower feel since I can't turn my hips out since I was injured. Andy can create space for your spine and other adjustments.