The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default One more try for the yearlings.

I have two youngsters here. One is a yearling QH/welsh pony. The other is a coming 2 yr. old Arab/Friesian. They came here completely untouched. Today, they are halter broke, they lead fairly well, they tie, they load, and you can farrier them. The younger one is still a bit shy in the back feet but not mean at all. Very very smart little thing. These two were adopted after all the work I put in, and then suddenly, the lady brings them back and says she is not going to be able to afford them after all. Now, three weeks later, she wants to adopt them again??????????????????????plus another one. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well, these two girls have got to get a home. They are in the blind kids pen which is not acceptable for youngsters. I cant turn them out to pasture with the big herd or there training may be for naught.

These two girls simply need a home. They are available for $150 each which will simply cover there vet and coggins fees. If you are looking for a project, these girls are the way to go. The older girl has just started walking on a lunge line but.................I have put in all the time and money I can afford. hahaha. Young horses just dont fit in here I am afraid.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

bump for the babies...
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Any pics of the 2yo arab/fresian? Not that I need another horse but I just have a things for Arabs..lol

Smile Weanlings

Interested in seeing what these two look like. Would take them together or separate. Farm with baby experience. Pics?

If you guys can give me your email addresses, I can send you pics of the girls. No, they dont need to go together, they would prefer it though LOL
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

bumping, home a horse for the holidays

these little gals would love to be under a tree of there own for xmas. bump bump

MTR thinks I need the arab/friesan filly. Enablers should be banned from the forum!!!

LongLeaf, You make me laugh. My thoughts have changed from I want a trained horse already aged to perfection....(ie bad vices and nasty habits) to raising and training our own from the ground up. My perfectly trained horse nearly killed me...got rid of him and wound up with an untouched 2 yo mushtang. He is my primary horse now....You figure it out.

I am raising a baby for us to be a smooth gaited trail horse. We raised a mustang for hubby who is now on trail lightly as a 4.5 yo....

Of course you NEED a baby to start.......hahahhahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!

You go girl....

I did not neeed a paso.....Yeah right....he is awesome...I can't thank SKA enough as he has almost no vices...he has quirks, but we are working together...he is awesome....I love horses from ska...LOLOLOL.

This little arab Friesian is going to be a great great girl. She loves humans, loves handling and has no vices. Someone must want this gal. And the pony, well she is really smart. Will be a great lesson horse yet.

They both sound so awesome! Somebody get these babies!
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Lori - How "little" is little? My a$$ is not "little" anymore! I need something with a little substance!

Longleaf, your a$$ isn't too big either....LOL. My paso can carry my lil a$$. I will see her next weekend. I will take pics for you....LOLOL.

hahaah well she is not yet two and she is 14.3 hh. So, not so little LOL But little in age.

Who is taking these girls?!

Saddlrgirl Guest

ME!!!: I am going to pick up the arab/friesian this weekend and bring her home to my other arab/somethings!!! I am very excited and look forward to meeting Lori and Pearl

Now, all we need to do is place Blossom, the little welshXQH. She is going to be a doll. Come on guys, a nice little black pony under the tree LOL.

Where is Pearl going to live? She is soo lucky. She will be a fun girl! Good Luck.

Miss Blossom, good luck to you. I hope you find a home for Christmas!

Do you know what size little Blossom might top out at, Lori?

P.S. Pleasure meeting you yesterday, and your store is ADDICTING! We'll have to make weekend trips.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

Well Pearly girly went home with Saddlgirl this morning. They drove all night to get her and headed right out. She was a trooper, loaded right up like a good girl. They wont be disappointed in there new friend.

Hydrophile, it was wonderful not only too meet you but have you shop till you drop in the store as well as bring us your donations. Thankyou so very very much. Its rather a unique store isnt it, a bit of everything and anything and you can find the most amazing treasures in there from all over the US. What did you think of that cribbing collar hahahah. Kept only for ornament and entertainment now. It wont be sold LOL.

I think Blossom will top out at 13 -13.1 She is not very tall but has a good sized rump LOL. Of all the yearlings here, she is actually my favorite. The least handled but the most intelligent. She is the shyest due to lack of handling but shows the least resistance as well. Hopefully she will get herself a new home for the holidays.