The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB mare 5 years 15HH3" sound good! home needed.

With the approval of the animal sanctuary we are trying to rehome a beautiful, sound, sweet natured, tb mare who is ready to be retrained in any discipline. She has previously raced but we have no history of her before the sanctuary. Although very green we have been working on walk and trot and can achieve a controlled canter but only in straight lines!
    After a summer of fattening up and being spoilt she unfortunalty lost her field companion ( another rescue horse ) and now is desperatly lonely.
    She is 15hh3'' ish has her coggins and is registered. she has front shoes and loves to learn.
    She is stabled in leesburg VA.
    please email me for photos , i can't seem to attach them.
    Last edited by bels; Nov. 18, 2008 at 09:27 PM.

Does the adoption contract indicate that she need to go back to the sanctuary?

i havn't read the contract ,( i'm the rider not the owner )but i understand that the sanctuary would have to approve the move. They have to many horses already so i'm sure they would be flexible.

I can tell you or a fact that if you advertise the horse for adoption/sale/trade etc and the animal shelter finds out about it and they didnt approve it... they will be showing up at your barn with a trailer in tow. Its a violation of the contract, so please be careful what you say when advertising a horse for ANY reason that was adopted from the Loudoun County Animal Shelter.

Take it from me, I found this out first hand. I have a TB from the same group and I posted an ad trying to find a temporary situation for her to be a companion while I was recovering from a back injury and unable to take care of her and they came thisclose to taking her from me because some anonymous tip to the shelter said that I was trying to get rid of the horse. Because of the legalities surrounding the seisure of those horses, they have been extremely stiff on their rules and making sure that these TBs dont end up in the wrong hands or out of their radar.

If the owners dont want the horse, please advise them to contact the animal shelter about taking her back, or finding her a new home. If the horse that passed on came from there as well, they need to notify them as well if they already havent.

If I could take on a second horse right now I would be willing to help with their approval. I might even consider loaning my filly as a companion, I just dont have the means to move her from barn to barn for just a month. Perhaps the owners would consider more than a month?
    Crayola Posse~Aquamarine
    Love vs Money...for the love of my horse, I have no money!

Default TB mare 5 years 15HH3" sound! VA still looking for a home

With the approval of the animal sanctuary we are trying to rehome a beautiful, sound, sweet natured, tb mare who is ready to be retrained in any discipline. She has previously raced but we have no history of her before the sanctuary. Although very green we have been working on walk and trot and can achieve a controlled canter but only in straight lines!
    After a summer of fattening up and being spoilt she unfortunalty lost her field companion ( another rescue horse ) and now is desperatly lonely.
    She is 15hh3'' ish has her coggins and is registered. she has front shoes and loves to be groomed, bathed etc...
    Louisa would make a lovely riding club horse.
    She is stabled in leesburg VA.
    please email me for photos , i can't seem to attach them.

Default TB mare 5 years 15HH3" sound! VA still looking for a home . photos added

bels, we combined your recent threads submissions with the original one on this horse. You can post your updates directly to this thread instead of starting new ones.

Thanks!
    Mod 1