The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hey - we're becoming trendy !

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/271962.html

Shame he (rider) has an overbite and a lisp!

Kindof cool!
    Unashamed Member of the Dressage Arab Clique
    CRAYOLA POSSE= Thistle

Ok I admit it - I'm a nerd.

Who is that guy? Am I supposed to know he's a pop star?

If I mention his name at table will my niece think I'm a cool aunt who is "hip" or "with it" (or whatever is the term nowadays) or will she make some comment about old people?

I'm not sure he is popular outside the UK. My not having heard of him is no guarantee of that, however ! I think he is a graduate of the UK Pop Idol Show. Can't say I like his brand of bland either. Website http://www.willyoung.co.uk/global/fr...untry/detected

Aha.

I'm happy when horse sports hit mainstream media or pop culture in a positive way. (I'm not including Madonna in that comment)

But I think I will remain silent at table lest my niece come up with another gem. Her last one was taking a good long appraising look at me and saying, "You know, you're not as young as you used to be!"

Thanks, kid.

OK, so I am at work so I could not hear the sound, but, watching it silently I absolutely loved it!

JSwan

LOL - she sounds just like my nieces... I simply remind them that I'm still young enough to catch them and swat their bottoms for being sassy!!!

Somehow, they never seem to shake properly in fear after I say that.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

Music videos that have nothing to do with the lyrics bug me. Not bad riding for a "beginner" though!
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

Must be just me -- I found it mildly creepy.

I'd just read the OC thread about the "Impactors", so maybe that explains it.

Beasmom- yeah, the locker room scene....
    Snobbington Hunt clique - Whoopee Wagon Fieldmaster
    Bostonians, join us at- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boston_Equestrian
    NYC Equestrians- http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/urbanequestrian/

Quote Originally Posted by Blkarab View Post
    Kindof cool!
    Kind of dorky!

That, and the um, rather tender brushing of the horse while wearing a show coat. Who does THAT? Was he singing a love song to the horse? Well, at least he wasn't riding it hard and showing his "domination" over it a la the Impactor crowd.

And the jump at the conclusion of the dressage test. WTF? Rider of the YEAR? (The ribbon he had in his hand as he got into his car. Well, maybe at his local riding club!) Spare me.

Obviously had a stand-in for the riding portions.

Sorry. I'm just cranky today!

Yes, I agree with the creepy, weird interpretation of it. And was the horse wearing a red halter during the "dressage" test? I mean come on people! The only thing I found amusing was the sour, disapproving looks on the judges faces, that was probably the most realistic part of the video. Cute horse, though!

I thought the cuts between closeup (where he is posting at the trot) to long shots (where he is cantering) were quite jarring
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Quote Originally Posted by linquest View Post
    Music videos that have nothing to do with the lyrics bug me. Not bad riding for a "beginner" though!
    Me too. I like a video to add more to the song's story. It was okay until he jumped that random fence at the end of his test. Where did that come from? I do like the song though.

Hey, maybe the judges were disgusted by the constant use of voice during the test?

Odd....very, very odd.... I'm with Beasmom. From the red halter/bridle to the polo wraps to the jumping in a dressage saddle. The whole thing just kinda weirded me out.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

And could that horse's braids have been any messier?

I liked the red double bridle (or was that a pelham? or a halter?) combined with the fact that he posted all the trot work. Hmm... what level would that be?

Hey! I'm just glad someone bothered to put a horse on a video! Liked the guy's voice.
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

Gorgeous horse, but it was just kinda disturbing the way he way looking at the horse and singing at the beginning and like everyone else said the locker room scene I could have done with out. But hay publicity is publicity!