The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SLC2, it is possible that at the time of the USEF registration, her papers were not available. Regardless, I saw them this weekend again at Latta and she was trying her heart out as usual. I talked to Patrick a bit. He just had the biggest grin on his face all weekend and the statement of "I just LOVE that mare" came out of his mouth several times. He is so proud of her (deservedly so). I don't know about the green broke when he bought her or not comment, but I do remember when they were at 3rd level a few years back. She is a neat mare and he is a great guy.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    On the USEF website the horse's dam and sire are listed as 'unknown'. If the sire and dam are unknown, how are the horses bloodlines being researched?

deja vu?
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/honey+bright+dream

No, not really. People post those pedigrees there, fine. On the USEF site it says the animals sire and dam are unknown. Maybe they got the papers later, I don't know, but USEF has sire and dam unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    No, not really. People post those pedigrees there, fine. On the USEF site it says the animals sire and dam are unknown. Maybe they got the papers later, I don't know, but USEF has sire and dam unknown.
    I am an AQHA member, and just went and researched Honey Bright Dream, and she is DEFINITELY registered with the AQHA. Already used up my $10 a month worth of pedigree research for this month, but will reasearch her pedigree on the AQHA site next month, and then complete her pedigree on the pedigreequery site, as her pedigree is not complete, and I just hate incomplete pedigrees and always fix them if within my means.

The official AQHA registry site, confirms the allbreedquery pedigree is legitimate. 07/03/1995 Honey's AQHA birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by FriesianX View Post
    I have to agree - in fact, I think MANY breeds don't make it to GP because they don't attract GP riders. It becomes a vicious cycle - big name trainers ride WBs, so we don't see other breeds doing FEI, so everyone assumes you need a WB to show FEI, and they buy WBs for their big name trainers, etc. I don't think it is limited to QHs or Tbs (or Paints or Appies or any other breed with three decent gaits).

And - I find it very funny that some registries don't recognize that the QH traces back to - drum roll..... THOROUGHBREDS! And many QHs and Paints are high % Tbred - in fact APHA accepts 100% Tbred (OK, and I don't own either a QH or a Paint, but I am aware of these pretty basic facts ).

Cool story!

I so agree with you! There are way more horses of every breed and stripe capable to get to GP than there are riders able to take them there.

Default Yip, Yip horray ! ! You go Pat & Honey ! !

I had a very nice AQHA mare that I bred to a very nice Hanoverian (Beste Gold) anyway she threw me an incredible filly. Who placed at DAD on the line as a weanling and did go 1st Premium in the AWR Inspection but.....She was seriously brutalized because of the AQHA and I was told that because of the AQHA she'd never make a Dressage Horse. Sadly she passed away last year so I can't prove them wrong but I'm sure happy that Patrick and Honey at least did. I was so pleased with the outcome filly that I re-bred the AQHA mare back to the same stallion and do have another very sharp smart great moving filly that I didn't bother hauling to the AWR Inspection so at least she wouldn't be trashed there. My thoughts on the AQHA (and/or an influence) was to bred in some good work ethic and sensibility and some endurance for tough training. I'm just so pleased of Patricks and Honey's accomplishments I could just ...well you know ! I hope the AQHA has recognized their achievements ! I'll try to post some pics of the filly that passed...she really was special

Default AQHA and Paints

The reason you're not seeing her pedigree with the USEF is at that time she was registered with the Paint Association because her dam was a Paint but in I believe 2000 or 2001 the AQHA re-opened their association to Paints that are really of full AQHA blood but might have been segregated to the Paint horse Club at one time due too excessive white (like Honeys mom was) They might not have re-registered Honeys mom or honey back with the AQHA yet or ever.

I just happened to catch the title so thought I'd pop in...

I just love when an "American" breed of horse gets recognition at upper levels of dressage. You don't need to import, there's plenty right here...and you won't have to break the bank to buy one. No, they probably won't be 17+ tall and 1500+ lbs., but if you look beyond the stereotype, there's ASBs, QHs and their colorful relatives, and TBs to be had for a song...

You don't have to state your horse's breeding for the USEF unless you want to do so. I believe (I could be wrong) that my horse is listed as unknown parentage, even though we all know who his mommy and daddy are. I didn't own him them, and frankly I don't care what his USEF stuff says.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Fixer View Post
    You don't have to state your horse's breeding for the USEF unless you want to do so. I believe (I could be wrong) that my horse is listed as unknown parentage, even though we all know who his mommy and daddy are. I didn't own him them, and frankly I don't care what his USEF stuff says.
    But this is one of the big problems in this country when it comes to tracking horses and bloodlines. If people would sumit what information they have when they record horses it would make studying bloodlines easier and give the breeders the credit they deserve.