The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Extensive report of the first day of the courtcase against Christine W.

Metaldetectors, a whole bunch of policemen and security people had to make sure that Christine W. couldn't be harmed by horse-lovers. Allthough the lawyer of CW tried to get this courtcase "behind cloese doors". The judge refused this request.

A short recap about the defense of CW.

The video's are manipulated, the German vets and experts are biased, so he asked for vets and experts from other countries, CW is already punished enough etc.....

http://www.st-georg.de/news/detail.p...D=3567&class=6

Maybee some vets on this board can volunteer in this case

It would be nice if we could read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    It would be nice if we could read it.
    Learn the language or read the recap or wait untill Eurodressage or H&H translate it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle2music View Post
    Learn the language or read the recap or wait untill Eurodressage or H&H translate it for you.
    Maybe you could wait until an english link comes up before you post links on an english-speaking board? What's the point of starting a thread that links to a German article? Surely you are on German speaking boards that you can post German links to...

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Maybe you could wait until an english link comes up before you post links on an english-speaking board? What's the point of starting a thread that links to a German article? Surely you are on German speaking boards that you can post German links to...
    Because many more people than you think can read Dutch, German and French on this board..
    So it's obvious that you don't speak for all the posters on this board.
    Sjeeeees you even had a national dressage coach who only speaks German.

And the funny thing is that tons of English speaking people are posting on Dutch and German BB's to ask for a job in the dressage-bussiness.

Next to this the best invention of this board is the ignore button !
    Last edited by freestyle2music; Nov. 19, 2008 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Thank you J-Lu maybe the few that read German, Dutch and or French can PM Theo and he can email them the German/Dutch version and only post the English version on this U.S. board.

Not sure what people posting on German boards looking for a job has to do with posting German/Dutch articles on a English speaking board???

So we're now having fits about non english articles on the bulletin board.

what a small, small world, LOL!

Only a few years ago there was virtually no american dressage press and we just did without.

It's so easy to take the article and run it through a free online translator. The results aren't perfect, but one can get the gist of the article.

Could you be any more of a drama queen SLC where is anyone throwing a fit. Just pointing out the obvious

your deep knowledge of karam must be getting to you. I said nothing dramatic, the drama already happened before I got here, the complaints about how awful it is that anyone posts anything here in anything but english. We get a ton of gripes here, from the same people over and over usually, if anyone makes a peep here in a different language. like i said, it's a small, small world, LOL.

Next to this, there is another hugh problem, because many dressage-words can not be translated in English, without loosing the deeper meaning of the word. I just downloaded a series of DVD's called "The Old Dressage Masters on Tour" ( now you also know how Klaus is earning his money these day's).

A wonderfull series of clinics and interviews. At least when you understand German and understand what all these very specific words mean.

Next to this, the people who are surfing this board for an extensive period know that in the past I even subtitled many/all video's of clinics from the European trainers which I posted. But since people like Ridgeback and his clowns entered this COTH-arena I really don't want to go through all this trouble anymore.

It is quite sensible in my view to post English on an English speaking board and vice versa. How does complaining about doing the contrary relate to having a fit, karam, or the size of the world? Maybe you could take up posting in Japanese slc2 ?

It is surely not beyond the wit of a Dutchman to "run it through a free online translator" before posting, or just don't bother.
    And BTW who is Hugh ?

Because many more people than you think can read Dutch, German and French on this board..
    So it's obvious that you don't speak for all the posters on this board.
    Sjeeeees you even had a national dressage coach who only speaks German.

And the funny thing is that tons of English speaking people are posting on Dutch and German BB's to ask for a job in the dressage-bussiness.

Next to this the best invention of this board is the ignore button !
    Oh brother. I should have quoted your response when it was more light hearted and pleasant...back when I didn't feel compelled to respond. I'm surprised you went back and changed it. The languages spoken or not spoken by the US former national coach, and the English speakers posting on Dutch and German BBs are also irrelevant to this conversation. It gets annoying, Theo, when you link to foreign articles and don't bother to spend time translating. This is a primarily english speaking board, and I can't imagine it would put a crimp in your day to spend some time translating your links. It's just... courtesy.

J.

What's the big deal? I don't get why people are so offended because someone posts a link that is in another language. Maybe that's because I live in country where there are different languages floating around and I don't understand them all. I figure that's my problem and that's life.

No one is forcing you to read it.

This is not just an American board, is it? I thought it was an international board. If the owners want it to be just Americans here, they could enforce that. If it's an international board, then occasionally you might see something in a different language. So what?

it's a link to a german magazine so it's going to be in German. I like to see the link so I know where it came from. I guess we can all use online translators if we want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by slc2 View Post
    So we're now having fits about non english articles on the bulletin board.

what a small, small world, LOL!

Only a few years ago there was virtually no american dressage press and we just did without.

It's so easy to take the article and run it through a free online translator. The results aren't perfect, but one can get the gist of the article.
    Having fits? How old are you, slc?

Yes, it would be really pleasant for anyone posting to simply run the article through a translator and post that translation in the body of the original post. The OP could then provide a link to the original for all of the native speakers. It's alot easier for the OP to post ONE translation than for everyone else to have to run the article through a translator and then come back to this page to comment. It's just BB courtesy. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by egontoast View Post
    What's the big deal? I don't get why people are so offended because someone posts a link that is in another language. Maybe that's because I live in country where there are different languages floating around and I don't understand them all. I figure that's my problem and that's life.

No one is forcing you to read it.

This is not just an American board, is it? I thought it was an international board. If the owners want it to be just Americans here, they could enforce that. If it's an international board, then occasionally you might see something in a different language. So what?

it's a link to a german magazine so it's going to be in German. I like to see the link so I know where it came from. I guess we can all use online translators if we want to do that.
    Pulleeeze. Who said anyone wanted only Americans on this board or that there aren't international people here. You miss the point completely.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

loose translation::

Heyser worked out of a stableyard where the Heyser family trained. Here, Wels was entrusted with horses to train.

Wels' laawyers tried to have the prosecution wtinesses removed, saying that the veterinary consultants were biased because of their association with the FN.
    Theyw ere asked for expert opinions of what was seen in the videos.

The lawyers tried to bar the use of the videos as trespassing on Wel's privacy but this was also overruled.
    The prosecution's first witness was the vet tech who took the video. Wels' lawyers tried to prove that the tape has been cut/spliced and otherwise falsified...

Description of how crazy woman tied up and beat the horse...

Second witness testified that each and every time Wels rode, there was always blood, always beatings, that the horses would try to escape and put holes in the walls of the arena.
    The trial continues on Thursday. Altogether, the trial is expected to last 7 days.

+++++++++++++++++++
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by canyonoak View Post
    http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

loose translation::

Heyser worked out of a stableyard where the Heyser family trained. Here, Wels was entrusted with horses to train.

Wels' laawyers tried to have the prosecution wtinesses removed, saying that the veterinary consultants were biased because of their association with the FN.
    Theyw ere asked for expert opinions of what was seen in the videos.

The lawyers tried to bar the use of the videos as trespassing on Wel's privacy but this was also overruled.
    The prosecution's first witness was the vet tech who took the video. Wels' lawyers tried to prove that the tape has been cut/spliced and otherwise falsified...

Description of how crazy woman tied up and beat the horse...

Second witness testified that each and every time Wels rode, there was always blood, always beatings, that the horses would try to escape and put holes in the walls of the arena.
    The trial continues on Thursday. Altogether, the trial is expected to last 7 days.

+++++++++++++++++++

Seeeeeeee it can be done. Thanx Canyon.

And

Anky wrote a wonderfull article in our major Dutch paper today in which she defended Courtney King and talked about how stupid this Zero-tollerance rules are.

She also put some wood on the fire by declaring that she wondered why La Withages using the word democratic in the on-going case between the EB and DC, because, like Anky stated the last 10 years we didn't see a lot of democratic processes in the DC.

Anky wrote a wonderfull article in our major Dutch paper today in which she defended Courtney King and talked about how stupid this Zero-tollerance rules are.
    I'm soooo glad to see A Big Name Rider speak out publicly about this. (Thanks Theo for mentioning the article). Others may have done - I'm limited in the information I can get because I only speak/read English - but I would hope that many more riders, trainers, and owners would make strong statements - it's time for the policy to be more realistic.

I posted the FEI press release about the new committee on another thread.
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

Seeeeeeee it can be done. Thanx Canyon.
    So - why can't you do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    I'm soooo glad to see A Big Name Rider speak out publicly about this. (Thanks Theo for mentioning the article). Others may have done - I'm limited in the information I can get because I only speak/read English - but I would hope that many more riders, trainers, and owners would make strong statements - it's time for the policy to be more realistic.

I posted the FEI press release about the new committee on another thread.
    Yes I noticed this, and yes Anky did go very far in her comment. One of her statements that impressed me most (because it's so true) was. "The FEI talks about the wellness of the horses, but when you need something to calm down your horse when the dentist is treading him/her you have to cancel weeks of competition. Other sporters during the Olympics were using tons of medication, but our horses weren't allowed to use anything. It isn't so difficult to introduce a medical pasport for the horses."