The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Schipperke/Terrier mix sadly needs a new home

Tito is a bit more than one year old, app.25- 30 lbs. He is completely up to date on his shots, microchipped and on a flea and heartworm prevention. He is neutered.

And best of all, he is a perfect farm dog. He does not chase horses although he has more than enough energy to spare. He likes cats who like him and they all get used to him. He never wanders, always right at hand.

He sleeps indoors at night but is out all day long. He is not an excessive barker, only when people come or something is amiss. He gets along with all other dogs but is no woosie.

While I had intended to keep Tito, Chocomare has his sister, finances just dont allow for me to keep all these dogs in the manner they should be.

So, if you are looking for a GREAT dog, please consider this boy. He is in no danger for sure but.......................he really does need a people and the farm life is the only life for him.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

bump bump
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

once more. and yes, Tito loves all people. Just a great great dog for someone needing a good companion and doesnt have the time to train a puppy. This guy has proven himself already.

wow a one person thread. You guys, this little guy is a great great dog. A perfect farm dog, and he kills mice and rats real well. Not very big, an easy keeper and he is all fixed and up to date. How cheap can it get.

Tito is looking for a new mommy'

If I didn't have 10 mouthes to feed, in addition to mine, I would totally take him.

Someone has to need a barn doggie!

Anyone want to caravan this boy to Washington state??

My husband just announced that he is ready for another dog, but we're WAY on the other side of the country!
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Unfortunately I have too many dogs already! But he really sounds like a good one.

Do you have a pic you can post?? He sounds adorable......maybe seeing his face would tug on some heart strings.

I just lost my shepherd mix. We had to put him down. He was 13 and in liver failure. I put in an adoption application at the local humane shelter last Friday. They will determine if I get the dog I applied for this week. If I do not, I would LOVE this guy. (Can't take two, however much I might want them) Can I let you know once I know when I get the word from the shelter? It will be before the end of the week. I miss Remmy (my late boy) and need another dog. I'm in MD. Ill have to have him shipped up.
    " ...the mist parted, and there was a green land under a swift sunrise." J.R.R. Tolkien, Return of the King

While I dont know about shipping him to WA. I can try. But I absolutely can get him to Maryland as we have the dog train going there every couple of weeks. Well it goes all the way to NE.

We do have pilots who fly dogs all over the US and just sent a Greyhound to Wy. so lets not rule out WA either ok.

Let me see what I can do. Either of you wont be sorry for Tito thats for sure. Farm dog extrodianaire.

Lori, can you get a pic of him? I have a soft spot for Schipperkes
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

I will take a pic of him tomorrow to get posted. thanks so much. He may just get a home yet.

Bump.

Has Tito ever spent time around children or chickens?

A picture would be great!

Charlieo, did you get approval to get your pup?? Sorry to hear about the loss of your old friend.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Didgery, no, haven't heard yet, but I'm going to call tomorrow, as they promised a week. I miss my Remmy (short for Remington) and I'll be glad to have a new best friend. If they haven't made up their (collective) mind, I may just politely tell them I found another dog, and let Lori know. I am not at all sure the dog I applied for would like the barn cats, but I did file the application and I feel obligated to see it through as long as they (humane society) honor their promise to let me know this week.
    " ...the mist parted, and there was a green land under a swift sunrise." J.R.R. Tolkien, Return of the King

While I dont have chikens, my neighbor does and apparently, Tito has never bothered them. I have never ever seen him chase them or even bother with them. The neighbor has guinea hens and chikens all over but..........................I will tell you that I know my own two dogs dont bother my neighbors chikens but if they came on our property, they would be run off. As much as I want chikens, after reading about them causing death in bully dogs, and knowing my bordercollie X and the bassetthound, no chikens on this farm. They can live on the neighbors farm.

I have a relative flying from Boston to Seattle on Friday. Not sure if that helps! She just bought her tickets (last minute) and I don't know if she's on an airline that carries dogs . . . .

well, despite 2 calls, the local shelter has no information for me on my application for the dog I chose. They did promise a 1 week turnaround. If Tito isn't going to Didgery, I would love him. Let me know. If he is headed to Washington, I know Didgery will give him a great home. Thanks.

If you can give him a great home, please do, C! That's exciting. It would be difficult to arrange transport for Tito to WA and it would be better to spare him the hardships of traffic if possible - there are so many shelter dogs here in my area that I'm sure I can find a match.

If something doesn't work out, let me know and we can rethink things.

Thanks!

Lori, check your pms.