The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free to good home 12 yo TB mare in MA *pics added*

I have a lovely 12 year old, 16 hand, SOUND thoroughbred mare in need of a new home as the lease she is in right now is not working out. She has 3 beautiful gaits, knows lateral work, has good ground manners, and is a pleasure to ride. She does need a confident intermediate rider and would be best if she was ridden a couple times a week. I've used her as a lesson horse, and she was great for that. She has also been a broodmare and had 4 beautiful babies by the AQHA stud Indian Artifacts. She is currently located in Weare NH, but will be moving back to Plymouth area MA in 2 weeks. Free to good home, or available for free long term lease. Please e-mail me at UFTemptation@AOL.com for pictures
    Last edited by UFTemptation; Nov. 6, 2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: to change title
    \"If the rider\'s heart is in the right place, his seat will be independent of his hands.\" ~Piero Santini

Just bumping this up, she's a very nice mare!
    \"If the rider\'s heart is in the right place, his seat will be independent of his hands.\" ~Piero Santini

Default Nice mare

I will ask around. She looks great. Can she be ridden more than a few times a week or will she get hot? Most people I know ride almost everyday. No heavy lifting, but they like to ride. Does she jump at all? Just small fences, no showing.
    Lilykoi

Hell hath no fury like the chestnut thoroughbred mare

She can be ridden every day, she'd absolutely LOVE that. She loves to work, I just don't have the time or the money for her right now She can jump, she's a bit green over fences but she's honest and she's jumped anything we've put in front of her. She has been ridden on some trails (not lately though) and jumped over logs on trails as well. She's a really nice girl and has the potential to do a lot. She just needs a home where she can work, and she doesn't have that with me anymore

Exclamation Free - Free TB Listing from the Horse and Bloodhorse!

You might want to get on the new list!

http://www.thehorse.com/Horses/Available.aspx

Thoroughbred Adoption Service Launched for FREE Horses
    by: Kimberly S. Brown, Editor
    November 01 2008, Article # 13006

Bloodhorse.com and TheHorse.com are teaming up to bring Thoroughbreds
    in need of homes to the attention of hundreds of thousands of horse
    owners across the United States. Creating this database was the
    brainchild of Antony Beck of Gainesway Farm.

With the Thoroughbred Adoption Services, any registered Thoroughbred,
    of any age, is eligible to be placed on this database of FREE horses.
    The database will be housed on TheHorse.com and will be promoted in
    the Thoroughbred industry by The Blood-Horse and Bloodhorse.com and
    in the pleasure horse and sport horse industries by The Horse and
    TheHorse.com.

bump

Default re: TB mare

I am very interested, have been looking for a horse to work with on my own dressage training and one that I can ride on the trails. I need to check out trailering if it is okay with you that she comes to the Virginia Beach, Va area. We may not be staying here, we may be moving to Washington State in the spring but she would come with us. Does she have JC papers and if so, what is her registered name?
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    I am very interested, have been looking for a horse to work with on my own dressage training and one that I can ride on the trails. I need to check out trailering if it is okay with you that she comes to the Virginia Beach, Va area. We may not be staying here, we may be moving to Washington State in the spring but she would come with us. Does she have JC papers and if so, what is her registered name?
    If you need help finding a transporter i can recommend one. I had my colt shipped to Charlottesville, Va from MA and they did a fantastic job! Really nice people! PM if you're interested.

Default Very pretty girl!

Bump for this nice looking horse. Is she still available? How spooky is she? Gets along with others? Easy/hard keeper? Needs shoes? Comfy to sit or?

I hope she has found a great home!

Hi wondering if this mare is still available, Iam located in Ma, close to Plymouth. Please PM me if she is still available!

Bump

Is the OP out there anywhere???? I sent you an email

Smile

Just a note that "Betsy" is home and all tucked in! Yea! I found her on here, forwarded her info to a good friend, and now she's boarding her at my barn.....

Happy endings rock

Default YEAY!

I am so relieved to hear she has found a good home. She was really pulling at my heartstrings

Default re: glad to hear but....

Just would have been a bit more thoughtful of the person who initiated the post if they would have at least replied to the people who inquired. I even went so far as to make initial inquiries for shipping to see about costs.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

I'm sorry I missed getting back to a few people. I've been sick and trying to handle multiple dr appointments, work, and many other things. I've been doing my best, but sometimes that just doesn't seem to be good enough.