The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

kadyboe Guest

Default Filly Had Surgery and Is Doing GREAT!!!

Peggy Sue had her surgery and is doing great!!! Please go to her webpage for more info and pictures. Prayers needed....Please spread the word.

[link removed]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Oct. 30, 2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: solicitation

Back again? I don't get it. Not one person on the COTH thought you should keep this filly alive and you are posting back after the first thread was locked.

Congratulations on your fund raising
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

Since you are going forward with this, I wish you much luck with your sweet filly. I looked at the pics of the trip to Wyoming and she traveled first class! She looks very comfortable at the clinic, too. Praying she heals swiftly and has no problems with the prosthesis.

If the OP would like to provide updates re: this filly's condition, feel free, but links to her fundraising page or other forms of solicitation are not permitted, per board rules.

Give us a heads up if we need to check back folks.

Thanks! Best wishes to the filly.
    Mod 1

kadyboe Guest

[link removed]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Nov. 1, 2008 at 06:43 PM.

Tell a Gelding. Ask a Stallion. Discuss it with a Mare... Pray if it's a Pony!

What you're doing with that filly is barbaric.

There is a link to donate on the page you posted, and I am alerting the mods. Please take your fund raising elsewhere.

Who cares?

You've certainly got yourself covered on every single state's craiglist, don't you? How annoying, pandering in every state and not even a registered charity.

ps, most animals have a "will to live." They don't know the difference [edit].
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Nov. 1, 2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: personal commentary

Each year, thousands of horses are euthanized for reasons very similar to those that necessitated the amputation of Riley's leg. Nowhere has that fact been more apparent than at the racetrack, where Eight Belles, Barbaro and countless other thoroughbreds have been put down immediately after breaking a leg. As Riley now shows, horses' lives don't have to end that way.
    Barbaro was put down immediately after breaking his leg? Really?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5427263

While I am totally in support of owners doing whatever they can to save their equine friends, for a rescue to pour thousands and thousands of dollars into a horse that can never be adopted out as a normal riding mount is, IMO, irresponsible. A private owner is spending their own money - a rescue is spending other people's donations. How many other horses could have been saved and rehabbed with that same money to go onto happy, productive, normal lives being ridden and loved? Is saving the life of one horse worth the opportunity cost of saving so many others? And what about quality of life?

I'm glad this horse is doing well, but personally I want my donations to go towards pulling perfectly nice, rideable horses from slaughter/abuse/neglect and giving them a second chance. Not towards extravagant medical treatments so an animal can become a pasture pet. (How many retired, old, or just plain unsound horses are already in desperate need of a "pasture only" home? Far more than there are good homes available, that's for sure.)

Didn't you already get one thread deleted for asking for money when you aren't a non-profit?

Soon after the procedure, she was trotting, running and even playing, as well as easily bearing the weight of a young rider.

WHAT?????

Quote Originally Posted by kadyboe View Post
    Peggy Sue had her surgery and is doing great!!! Please go to her webpage for more info and pictures. Prayers needed....Please spread the word.

[link removed]
    If this filly could speak I wonder if she would have chosen this Looks painful, jingles for the filly!

Angry

I can't believe you are doing this. Shame on you.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." Mark Twain

We've removed the link to the article posted because it contains a solicitation for this fundraising effort. kadyboe, if you can get permission from the site where it's published, you're welcome to cut and paste the text of the article--sans fundraising links--to the board.

As stated before, we do not allow fundraising efforts for non-501(c)3 charities on the board. Also, avoid starting multiple new threads on this topic. Provide any updates (as long as they follow board rules) on this thread.

Thanks,
    Mod 1