The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How much do you pay for chiropractic?

Just curious how much chiro costs.. Does your vet/chiro do anything beyond chiro (acupuncture, massage, etc.)? Does the cost vary a lot on how much is done?

My chiro bill is usually about $40. She does some acupuncture as well, but I don't know if she charges me for it (when I first started having my horse done, I said absolutely NO acupuncture, but allowed it when he really messed up his back, and she's used it ever since, but my bill hasn't gone up). The most I've paid is $50, the least is $20 (for a really quick adjustment--he'd sprained his ankle, almost gotten better, and re-sprained it.. turned out his back was out, causing the problem, and it's been fixed ever since she adjusted him).

My bill has decreased since she started... I can't decide if it's less because his back is better and doesn't need as much adjusting, or if it's because she knows how very anti-alternative medicine I am, and is trying to reward me for using the chiro/acu by not making me pay as much .

Certified Equine Chiropractor: $85 no matter what she does-straight chiro only.... and she does a FANTASTIC job. My horses loff her

P.S. She does travel about 1.5 hours down to me, so I don't quibble over the price.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

$85 for me. Of course I used the same one Choco did.
    Busy Bee Farm, Ellijay, GA
    Never Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly
    Way Back Texas~04/20/90-09/17/08
    Green Alligator "Captain"

The chiropractor I use charges seventy five for an adjustment, twenty five for an exam if no adjustment is needed and a twenty five dollar trip fee to my place if I don't haul in to town.

I've used him for more than 10 years and he does a good job treating horses and not just creating more work for himself. He's not a vet, but is a D.C. (human chiropractor). He does not do acupuncture, but massage and stretching is part of the adjustment and he recommends stretching and lifting exercises to help the horses maintain back health.

I've used others that were more/less expensive, and that also used acupuncture, acupressure or magnet therapy, but this guy actually fixes my horses, so I stick with what works for me.

I pay anywhere from $75-100ish. He comes from 2.5 hours away though, so some of that is trip charge. We also have to have enough horses for him to make a day of it. He is a chiro and a veterinarian.

Wow! I'm paying $70 for a massage therapist! Love her though!

I think my chiro is $85 for initial adjustment and $60 for follow ups. He is also one of the top vets in the area so if something else is going on, we can do a workup right there and get to the bottom of things.

Wow! I'm in GA too and I'm paying $150.00 per visit Everything costs more in the high rent district of Alpharetta/Milton

HM: Call Dr. Heidi Bockhold 678-207-6675. She's not a warm-fuzzy type...all business... but that woman knows what she's doing and gets-r-done! She's out of Kingston.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Just had my guy seen for an initial visit....Regular fee quoted $75, but chiro charged me $40 as he felt he only was in need of minor adjustment....Other horses at my boarding barn seen also, so no added call fee....I thought that was pretty reasonable....
    Crayola Posse: Mulberry

I have personally paid $50 - $100. However, while in VA my boss had a certain well known homeopathic vet out who adjusted his horses backs and did a little bit of accupuncture (I was holding the horses for her). She then handed him a bill of $600 per horse! OUCH! He even freaked out and he was used to highend everything.

I had called to see what pricing was around Chester Co. pa

That place I called said it was 350 for the first visit I almost died...

I'd still like to get my horses done... might make one semi tolerable.

Anyone know of a good one in Chester Co?
    You board with what I call a, sh!t disturber - Patty Lynch

I had my horse done for the first time a couple months ago...She did Chiro/Accup.

It was ok, She said she really didnt see to much wrong with him except one hip was higher then the other and she adjusted his poll.

Since he had never been seen before I said I wanted "the whole shabang".

FYI- Dont ever tell someone taking your money you want the whole Shabang

That cost me $280.00. NEVER AGAIN.But I did learn alot..like you know, NEVER AGAIN.
    Ride it like you stole it....ohhh sh*t

Anyone in the VA area happen to have an average of what Dr. Dill charges? I'm considering having him out in the next month or two to work on one of my mares and I'm curious.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Interesting to see the range of charges. My chiropractor charges $125 for the first visit, $100 thereafter --- but only if she works on the horse. It's been worth every penny and I love working with someone who will tell me "this one looks great this time" and then walk away without charging me a dime.

My Chrio is a acupunture/chiro vet and she does it all for $95. Worth every penny.

I just had one out yesterday

Per horse, it's $60 cash or $65 check.

He spent 1.5 hrs on my project mare (she needed a lot), about 20 or 30 min on my mom's mare who only needed some minor stuff.

He's a massage therapist/chiro. Really like him, does a lot of work with one of those big ol' ropes and lets the horse work out a lot of stuff on their own. I can see the difference in my project mare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelpaintrider View Post
    I had called to see what pricing was around Chester Co. pa

That place I called said it was 350 for the first visit I almost died...

I'd still like to get my horses done... might make one semi tolerable.

Anyone know of a good one in Chester Co?
    Dr Meredith Snader just did our pony and it was $150. I am at a large barn and she does several while she is there. So I don't know if the price is different if she comes just for one horse. But she is very good and I know she travels to several different states.

I pay around £60 depending on what horsie needs
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

I think it comes to about $125 per horse - he only comes if we have 10 or more horses to do. He does network chiropractic and a great deal of acupuncture. He'll also leave a bunch of homeopathic remedies for each horse.
    He's worked absolute wonders on my old "broken down" OTTBs. Also the occassional dog, cat and llama!