The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Way to go everyone! India is really on to something with these Intro clinics. I will look through pics when I next have a moment!

Lori, YOUR HORSE WAS A STAR! Everyone there commented on what a nice horse he was. You guys looked great!
    And it was great to meet you, and Bensmom, Talkofthetown (Bronwyn, who ended up riding my mare, and very well too) and everyone else.
    The Holling's facility was awesome, the weather great, it was a wonderful weekend.

Unfortunately, as Bensmom mentioned earlier, due to reaggravation of an old injury by the first horse I rode in the first session, and then reinjury by Jaeger during a HUGE buck while starting in the third session, I was unable to finish so Bronwyn rode my mare.
    I still got to watch all three sessions, and had private lessons on Friday on both my girls.
    It was a great day, and I am still not so sure I didn't get more out of the clinic from the ground than I would have from the saddle. It was a great learning opportunity for everyone who was there. Jon is a wonderful teacher, very clear in what he wants and what the teaching objectives are.

It was a wonderful day, lots of nice horses and good riding!
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Wow it sounds like it was a wonderful experience!! I'm so happy for y'all. Can I join your facebook group and live vicariously?

P.S. What a wonderful group!! It looks like you all had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by pwynnnorman View Post
    Thank you! That would be my daughter Kaitlin, she had such a wonderful time she was still talking about it today. She was out riding a friend of the families pony that is up for sale (she's working several times a week for her now that it's home) and she told the friend all about the day several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post

2ponyriders -- if you;d be willing to post yours too, we'd have tons of pics from all groups!

I only have a few that have other riders in them. Shots from the water and from everyone listening to Jon talk after the course at the end. I will put what I have up on a photo sharing site for everyone to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    Lori, YOUR HORSE WAS A STAR! Everyone there commented on what a nice horse he was. You guys looked great!
    And it was great to meet you, and Bensmom, Talkofthetown (Bronwyn, who ended up riding my mare, and very well too) and everyone else.
    The Holling's facility was awesome, the weather great, it was a wonderful weekend.

Unfortunately, as Bensmom mentioned earlier, due to reaggravation of an old injury by the first horse I rode in the first session, and then reinjury by Jaeger during a HUGE buck while starting in the third session, I was unable to finish so Bronwyn rode my mare.
    I still got to watch all three sessions, and had private lessons on Friday on both my girls.
    It was a great day, and I am still not so sure I didn't get more out of the clinic from the ground than I would have from the saddle. It was a great learning opportunity for everyone who was there. Jon is a wonderful teacher, very clear in what he wants and what the teaching objectives are.

It was a wonderful day, lots of nice horses and good riding!
    You know, I realized later after talking to you who you were! I can be kinda slow in that respect...I got so focused on the riding, it wasn't til I was driving home that I thought, dang, how many were there that I spoke to who post on her? What an idiot I am for not asking!
    Sorry that you were still hurting and couldn't ride. That sucks. Hope you are feeling better.
    I adopted Tucker when he was 6 months old from a Premarin farm, so it really makes me feel good to know that all this work and not riding for so many years is paying off! I broke him as a 2 and a half year old but have been taking it really slow due to his size. We didn't start jumping courses until this past summer. I cannot wait to get him to RH now!!

Haha Me too I didn't figure it out til later either
    but your boy is very nice. Everyone was watching him, and you looked great too.
    I was actually just looking at your site and wondering about the
    Old People's POny Club thing. Could you send me some more info on that, that sounds interesting.
    I"m usually up to go ride at different places too so shoot me a pm or an email if you are going out and maybe I can meet you somewhere.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Thank you Wynn!! I cannot tell you the fun I had on your mare!! (Even with the "mare-ish" tendencies! She taught me as much as Jon did )

Overall, the clinic was such a fantastic experience - and the Holling's are GREAT people. I just wish I had another clinic of their's to look forward to now!
    Jon is such a great teacher - I had as much fun watching the other groups as I did riding in my own!

Thumbs up

Hey, thought I'd check in on this thread.
    As many others have already said, the clinic was AWESOME!!! Boomer was a superstar, his mommy was very proud of him Thanks to everyone who made the clinic a success, and for posting pictures! And thanks again to Jaeger, for letting me ride her super mare. Had lots of fun, and learned LOTS

I am about to burst I am so happy reading all of these posts! What started out as an idea and a topic of conversation on our USEA marketing committee phone calls is really taking off! I am so appreciative of the clinic participants and of Jon and Jenn! We will definitely have another one at the Hollings and I will absolutely make it to the next one - we would love to have these Intro Clinics going in every state - so if anyone is interested - please e-mail me - indiawatson@comcast.net.

Thanks everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grady View Post
    I am about to burst I am so happy reading all of these posts! What started out as an idea and a topic of conversation on our USEA marketing committee phone calls is really taking off! I am so appreciative of the clinic participants and of Jon and Jenn! We will definitely have another one at the Hollings and I will absolutely make it to the next one - we would love to have these Intro Clinics going in every state - so if anyone is interested - please e-mail me - indiawatson@comcast.net.

Thanks everyone!!
    Well you can count me in for coming back to the Hollings!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    Haha Me too I didn't figure it out til later either
    but your boy is very nice. Everyone was watching him, and you looked great too.
    I was actually just looking at your site and wondering about the
    Old People's POny Club thing. Could you send me some more info on that, that sounds interesting.
    I"m usually up to go ride at different places too so shoot me a pm or an email if you are going out and maybe I can meet you somewhere.
    Will do! Check out the ORPC website..I think you can google old people riding club. We have a blast..everything involves riding, eating and drinking! We meet monthly at Carrabas and we are a big support group. We have riders of all levels and disciplines.
    I hope my next outing will be next month to school at RH. Will let you know if you are interested!

Melissa (second group, on Bailey the chestnut) was RAVING about Wynn's chestnut mare. Just raving and raving about how she'd like to ride a horse like that !!

I had a "minute-by-minute" phone call from Melissa on Saturday night - she was so thrilled and she thought "the girl on Casper" (whose name I have forgotten) was SO BRAVE.

Thanks again to Grady for organinzing this. I wish I could have been there.

Oh - and Wynn - Melissa and her mom were just GUSHING about the "nice lady who brought that wonderful chestnut mare for a girl to ride and wasn't that nice and the lady was really, really nice"

Eeek - I was "not that nice"?? FC - please tell her I'm sorry - I didn't mean to be! I can just be direct sometimes (doesn't always go over well I see ). I thought she and her pony were great though!

Sudi's girl -

no - "Wasn't that nice" of Wynn to bring the pony!!!

Oh gosh! Thanks for clarifying! I was wracking my brain about it! hehe I'm so glad she had a great time - I was amazed at how confident everyone was by the end of the clinic! Jon did a great job setting that "mini course" up at the end!

Cliche is an imensely talented pony though, and Wynn definitely was super generous in letting me ride her! I feel very lucky to have had that experience!

Quote Originally Posted by FlightCheck View Post
    Melissa (second group, on Bailey the chestnut) was RAVING about Wynn's chestnut mare. Just raving and raving about how she'd like to ride a horse like that !!

I had a "minute-by-minute" phone call from Melissa on Saturday night - she was so thrilled and she thought "the girl on Casper" (whose name I have forgotten) was SO BRAVE.

Thanks again to Grady for organinzing this. I wish I could have been there.

The Girl on Casper is mine, her name is Kaitlin. She was SO GLAD to see another kid her age until she found out Melissa had been eventing already! Then her nerves got her all over again, Kait thought Melissa and Bailey were wonderful.