The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have an eventer!!(Intro to eventing clinic today!)

I am so excited about the clinic today with Jon Holling! What a great clinic! I rode in the 2nd group at 10:30 and Tucker was just awesome! He jumped everything..water, ditch, bank, steps, logs. We got to test Kyle Carter's 3 new jumps..they look like the read deal...a wood wall and 2 logs...Jon informed us they were made of styrofoam! No one would have known if we weren't told! Jon liked Tucker and was very positive in his clinic. His only comment for us was to work on the grid work, but was very pleased with the way he handled xc and thought he would be able to do whatever I wanted (I didn't tell him I only aspired to go as far as novice!) I am just on cloud 9 and very pumped up..on the way home, I decided my goal will be the recognized event at RH in February and then Ocala Horse Park in March.
    The girls I rode with were great as well as everyone there spectating. Thanks to Jenn and Jon, Inda, and Ocala PC for providing refreshments! And it was great to see Wynn there..one of the girls in my group rode a full sister to Teddy.
    Oh, and I know I said no pics of me, but I realized 2 things today: First, ,my Tipperary makes me look thinner and second, I had such a BLAST, that if anyone did take some pictures of us, I would really love to see them!

lori, tucker was awesome. he really is cute, and such a game little guy. jenn and i both thought he was great, as did jon. good to see you out and about, and can't wait to see you at some shows.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

YEAH Lori T!! I am so excited for you!! Welcome to Eventing!! I will be sending out a feedback and membership form next week - I am soo happy you had such a great time!!

Can't wait to meet you at a Horse Trial!

-India

Lori T I know I have some pictures of you in the water area and may have some from other times thru out the clinic I'll have to go back thru my 200 plus photos from the day. I'm the mom of the girl in the blue on the flea bitten gray from your group, the one that had some issues to over come today. I have to agree the clinic was wonderful and my daughter is now HOOKED beyond belief it's all she can talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grady View Post
    YEAH Lori T!! I am so excited for you!! Welcome to Eventing!! I will be sending out a feedback and membership form next week - I am soo happy you had such a great time!!

Can't wait to meet you at a Horse Trial!

-India
    Well, I've been a part of eventing for some time now, just as a groom and horseshow mom...now that Jen is off to school and Tucker is old enough, it is MY time! I already get the memberships form, this year I will just be adding my name to Jen's! Thanks for organizing this!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ponyriders View Post
    Lori T I know I have some pictures of you in the water area and may have some from other times thru out the clinic I'll have to go back thru my 200 plus photos from the day. I'm the mom of the girl in the blue on the flea bitten gray from your group, the one that had some issues to over come today. I have to agree the clinic was wonderful and my daughter is now HOOKED beyond belief it's all she can talk about.
    She was so cute! I kept trying to get her to go first, she wouldn't do it! Am glad she is hooked, now she needs to join Pony Club!

Stacey, thanks for the comments! I will be out and about VERY SOON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori T View Post
    She was so cute! I kept trying to get her to go first, she wouldn't do it! Am glad she is hooked, now she needs to join Pony Club!

Stacey, thanks for the comments! I will be out and about VERY SOON!!!
    Thanks. She really did stick with it today and made her horse do what needed to be done (and fixed herself too).
    No PC for us though, I looked into it but have personal reasons as to why I will not let her join.

Lori T - it is your time! We need more moms like us competing - we have so much fun! I can't wait to meet you in person!

Lori T--If things turn around by March or April, we'll run RH w/you at Novice!
    T3DE 2010 Pact Group
    Barefoot Eventers Clique
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2lkxcbn110.jpg

Whew! I am just home, and my boys are out and happy and I'm about to go off to bed myself, but wanted to say that we had a BLAST. And that i will post some of the 251 pictures from the first and last groups in the morning.

2ponyriders -- if you;d be willing to post yours too, we'd have tons of pics from all groups!

I'm going to see if my photobucket account can host that many images or where the best place to put them up will be . . .

Libby ( I CAN RIDE THE MONSTER AFTER ALL!!!! Specially if Jon takes him over the ditch first! )
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    Libby ( I CAN RIDE THE MONSTER AFTER ALL!!!! Specially if Jon takes him over the ditch first! )
    I was in your group- you were great!!! He has a completely spring loaded jump and you really stick with him! I enjoyed watching him go, he's a very nice horse.

It was a great clinic, and I had a seriously unbelievable amount of fun.
    Nancylee

Wow, thanks!

I think we need to have a COTH username reveal when we do something in person!

Your horse is adorable, and I am wishing that my grey filly would grow up to look just like her! and to be that good -- she was awesome!

Sara's pictures are pretty good -- she caught a couple of him over the purple and yellow oxer and his belly is almost at the TOP of the standard. Aieeeeee -- how did I stay on that and why didn't it scare the hell out of me?!!

He is really something -- we aren't sure yet what, but something!

We got home a little after midnight and I turned him out and he had enough energy to want to run and play. He's definitely a nut. All I wanted to do was to collapse!

Pictures in a little while -- anyone know if I post them to the Facebook Intro to Eventing Group if anyone can access them or if you'd have to have an account?

Libby (who is limping out to feed now )

Libby - please post them on Facebook- l would encourage everyone to join - it's free and will give us more exposure to the sport as well! So glad everyone had fun - Jon and Jenn are my two new favorite people ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Grady View Post
    Libby - please post them on Facebook- l would encourage everyone to join - it's free and will give us more exposure to the sport as well! So glad everyone had fun - Jon and Jenn are my two new favorite people ever!
    Grady, you DO need to get Jon to show you his trick of using a girth buckle to open a beer bottle! Billy never batted an eye when Rasta's new girth came once that happened!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Libby, is the MONSTER you are referring to Buzz?? I loved watching Ralph ride him a few years ago, he is quite a character! If he is one and the same, I'd love to see the pics...and if not, I wanna see the pics anyway!! I will have to live vicariously through you guys in sunny FL because we're supposed to get our first flurries today The good news is that I'm vetting a 4yo 17hh OTTB on Wed, hopefully my next eventer...if we could only get an Intro to Eventing clinic up this way!!
    No Trouble
    2/2/05 - 7/29/13
    Rest In Peace my quirky brave boy, I will love you forever.

Julie -- it IS Buzzmonster!! Jon and Jenn felt confident that I COULD jump him myself (Ralph is the only one that really ever has jumped him and I've seen what he can do and was very leery of trying it myself! )

He was very tolerant of me and I thought we did better once I took my spurs off -- I don't think he needed the extra impulsion!

We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for your new prospect!

Ok, the pics are up on my facebook page and on the Intro to Eventing Group page, also on Facebook.

Caution! They are the unedited, unpicked through pictures. I didn't even delete the one we have of the ground (wtf?) -- I just put them all up.

They are heavy on pics of Harvey, Buzz, Boomer and Jaeger, because those were the horses that Bronwyn (talkofthetown) and I were riding, but Sara did try to get pics of folks in both groups with us as well.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=40080978205 is the group page, if you are already a Facebook member and want to join this group. The pictures here are up in reverse order, unfortunately and it won't let me organize them into albums or reverse the order, so if you go to page 13 and look at them backwards, you'll see them in proper order.

on my facebook page, I have them sorted into albums and numbered.

The first one is here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&id=552716126

I'm going to logout of facebook and see if it allows me to see it, while I'm not logged in and whether I can see the other albums from this link. If not, we can fiddle with it and figure out how to post/link the pics.

Ok, you have to be a member of Facebook to see the second link, but the first one worked while I wasn't logged in.

I have to also give a shout out to Harvey -- he was a trooper. He did great in the gymnastics, but was sure XC was going to eat him alive. Thus, you will see many pictures of Jon riding Harvey, and convincing him that he COULD do this.

talkofthetown did great with Boomer, which is her horse, and with Jaegermonster's Jaeger. Jaegermonster had to make the painful decision (in more ways than one) to not ride in the clinic, but graciously allowed Bronwyn to catch ride her in the clinic and they both did GREAT!

More of a report coming, but I wanted you guys to see the pictures sooner, rather than later!

Libby

And, I want to make a special point of saying that Jon, Jenn and everyone at Willowrun Farm are just FANTASTIC!

What a great clinic experience and overall really fun time!

Oh, WOW, wynn!! I am really, extra sorry now that I didn't get to see the second group go!

We had to run get hay, as mine had gotten too wet with all the rain, and I lost my second bale, and that was the only time I had to do it. I am VERY sorry that I didn't get to see Clee go -- she is AWESOME!

What nice pictures!!!

As you guys look at the pictures and Wynn's video, you'll see the xc jumps that Jon has us do three in a row -- those are the new styrofoam jumps that Kyle Carter has developed -- pretty cool concept!

libby (who is going to take a nap and THEN will write a better report!)

The pics and video are like getting to audit the clinic (sorta!)

THANKS!!!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Default Found another video: Who the gutsy little girl on the gray?

Sportponies Unlimited
    Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.